PDA

View Full Version : ****ers on ebay

robbie506
09-03-2009, 10:51
why is when you are bidding on a car on ebay some f###er comes in and bids in the last few seconds and pc decides it would be fun to freeze just at that point.:mad::mad::mad:

i was bidding on a 5 yesterday been winning it for five days then the t##t who bids in the last few seconds wins.

for f@@k sack i wanted that car badley.:cry::cry::cry:

any body else had the same?

Tiny Tim
09-03-2009, 10:56
From a buyers point of view, (and not just cars) I dont understand people that bid on items when they've got days left, why not just leave it til the last minute, surely it would aid getting the product at a lower price?

robbie506
09-03-2009, 11:07
From a buyers point of view, (and not just cars) I dont understand people that bid on items when they've got days left, why not just leave it til the last minute, surely it would aid getting the product at a lower price?

i understand that but i still wanted.

i have my eye on another 2 on ebay im going to be the ****er who bids at the last minet today. see how they like it.:cooter:

Mart
09-03-2009, 11:21
Instead of buying potential sh1theaps from Ebay, why not look on the Classifieds here, or on PistonHeads or AutoTrader?

robbie506
09-03-2009, 11:24
Instead of buying potential sh1theaps from Ebay, why not look on the Classifieds here, or on PistonHeads or AutoTrader?

money basically.

wish i could get one from them but cant afford i have my pt cruiser listed on piston heads if any body knows of some one looking for one

Mart
09-03-2009, 11:27
Fair comment, but if you're unlucky in that you do end up buying a dog, it's gonna cost you (more) in the long run. I guess you run that risk when buying any car at any price though, but at least buying from here/rtoc member you know there's a fair chance it has been looked after.

Tiny Tim
09-03-2009, 11:27
So buy a potential bucket and have to spend £££ to fix it or just wait, save up and buy a minter?

Hmmmm....

robbie506
09-03-2009, 11:32
So buy a potential bucket and have to spend £££ to fix it or just wait, save up and buy a minter?

Hmmmm....

cant wait though i need one now my clio is not up to scratch dont want to be without a car.

just want a decent 5 why does life have to be so ****???

Tiny Tim
09-03-2009, 11:37
Dont rush the process, you'll end up regretting it.

robbie506
09-03-2009, 11:40
Dont rush the process, you'll end up regretting it.

wish i could go back in time and stop my chassi from snapping. or my mum getting my other one scraped how could she do it to me. you know who ever come to collect it thought jack pot.:mad:

5alldaway
09-03-2009, 11:46
you buy cheap you buy it twice, like i learned last night when i couldnt be bothered to drive to the pizza shop so i settled on co ops buy one get 1 free pizzas, worst pizza i ever had

Tiny Tim
09-03-2009, 11:46
Somethings just arent meant to be. Like the ability to fly.

...Or you owning a 5 by the sounds of it :crap:

UNICRONICUS
09-03-2009, 11:47
I'm one of those last minute bidders, when I put a bid in I put the maximum that I am willing to pay, if I lose...balls to it. But the other week I done things a little different and it almost cost me title of king of eBay! I put a bid on a motorbike the day before it was going to end because no one else had bidded on it up until now, I went to bed that night happy in the thought that I was winning and will soon be getting a cheap motorbike to fix up. Come the next morning I was sitting in my pj's watching the item until it was going to end, still just 1 bid, nice. Then, 2 minutes until the end of the auction someone puts a massive bid in and beats my original one! Touche, I thought, so then I pummled him to the ground with an almighty bid and he sat back and sucked his thumbs whilst I sat at my throne as the king of eBay, all hail UNICRONICUS!

5alldaway
09-03-2009, 11:51
cant wait though i need one now my clio is not up to scratch dont want to be without a car.

just want a decent 5 why does life have to be so ****???

if you want a decent 5 then pay the decent money, it aint hard

robbie506
09-03-2009, 11:59
i just bought a raider on ebay :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Noa33
09-03-2009, 12:10
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

i just bought a raider on ebay :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

wander if its from the chap on here whos plan was to get it back to standard.

As for rushing the buy iam doing what the guys on here have all said is taking my time and finding one that isnt potentially a dog!

Dont go rushing in to it as far as 20+ yearold cars go buying in a rush will quite likely end up costing you a kidney to fix up !

5alldaway
09-03-2009, 12:12
did u win this raider without even viewing it in the meat?

robbie506
09-03-2009, 12:12
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

wander if its from the chap on here whos plan was to get it back to standard.

As for rushing the buy iam doing what the guys on here have all said is taking my time and finding one that isnt potentially a dog!

Dont go rushing in to it as far as 20+ yearold cars go buying in a rush will quite likely end up costing you a kidney to fix up !

i know i have nearly a full engine + quite a few boxes of spares as well as a shiney t28 and stage 3 head so if there is anything wrong i will hopefully have what it takes to repair it.

robbie506
09-03-2009, 12:14
did u win this raider without even viewing it in the meat?

im afraid i did got to excited i was bidding on one yesterday which i went to view a badley wanted but lost it as above.

the misses is going to kill me.

Tiny Tim
09-03-2009, 12:21
Good to see people's years of experience and advice going in one ear, swirling around in the void and coming back out the other ear. :rolleyes:

robbie506
09-03-2009, 12:26
Good to see people's years of experience and advice going in one ear, swirling around in the void and coming back out the other ear. :rolleyes:

thats me..

the car i just bought is a member from here

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php...pictureid=4775 (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=468&pictureid=4775)

Tiny Tim
09-03-2009, 12:27
thats me..

the car i just bought is a member from here

Yeah, he's a bit of a tool if I remember...

robbie506
09-03-2009, 12:27

tell me more.

Rob1980
09-03-2009, 12:30

I would not go as far as to say he was a tool. He was young and a bit clueless about the GT Turbo.

I would say that he seemed to have more money than sense!

robbie506
09-03-2009, 12:32
I would not go as far as to say he was a tool. He was young and a bit clueless about the GT Turbo.

fair do's do you know what he spent on the car?

Sy5GTT
09-03-2009, 12:36

:laugh:

Rob1980
09-03-2009, 12:41
fair do's do you know what he spent on the car?

He actually bought all of the correct Raider interior..... Wonder what he is doing with that then?? Probably going to try and sell it for what he bought it for.... Good Luck!

Mart
09-03-2009, 12:42

Is that a polite way of saying he was pig ignorant?

robbie506
09-03-2009, 12:43
He actually bought all of the correct Raider interior..... Wonder what he is doing with that then?? Probably going to try and sell it for what he bought it for.... Good Luck!

oh well im v happy with the phase 2 interior.

BriC
09-03-2009, 12:48
I'm one of those last minute bidders, when I put a bid in I put the maximum that I am willing to pay, if I lose...balls to it. But the other week I done things a little different and it almost cost me title of king of eBay! I put a bid on a motorbike the day before it was going to end because no one else had bidded on it up until now, I went to bed that night happy in the thought that I was winning and will soon be getting a cheap motorbike to fix up. Come the next morning I was sitting in my pj's watching the item until it was going to end, still just 1 bid, nice. Then, 2 minutes until the end of the auction someone puts a massive bid in and beats my original one! Touche, I thought, so then I pummled him to the ground with an almighty bid and he sat back and sucked his thumbs whilst I sat at my throne as the king of eBay, all hail UNICRONICUS!

:laugh: So you ended up paying far too much for an item?

R5GTTdrew
09-03-2009, 13:02

Oh jesus gota laugh at this tosser!!!! He doesnt like me because the way I spelt and worded things! hmmm I think your the tool mate:laugh:

BriC
09-03-2009, 13:07
Oh jesus gota laugh at this tosser!!!! He doesnt like me because the way I spelt and worded things! hmmm I think your the tool mate:laugh:

p0wn3d.

Tiny Tim
09-03-2009, 13:09

but... I love you? :scratch:

BriC
09-03-2009, 13:13
but... I love you? :scratch:

L0Lz0r

robbie506
09-03-2009, 13:27

the interior he bought was sold to some body to put in there clio.

Noa33
09-03-2009, 13:57

FIGHT!!! :argue:

UNICRONICUS
09-03-2009, 14:05
:laugh: So you ended up paying far too much for an item?

Nope, completely the opposite :smokin:

robbie506
09-03-2009, 16:16
nice to know my threads cause arguements

Schakal
09-03-2009, 17:09
man love at its best , nice one timmy !! :laugh::laugh:

scratcher
09-03-2009, 18:28
I never bid on ebay, Auction-Stealer all the way.
I bought a shed off ebay for £500, I only wanted a blue phase 1 and was too impatient to wait for a tidy one.
It cost another 850 sheets after all the welding and new parts to get it road-worthy :(

old skool turbo power
09-03-2009, 20:54
if you want a decent 5 then pay the decent money, it aint hard

:agree:.........imo save then spend even if it dose take a while.
if not you could of always go about looking at a gtx???im sure there was one on piston heads a while back?not bad cars though i think.:laugh: plus the leathers
:cool:.personally a renault 5 gt turbo off e bay?????? nope not for me.
i would need to look at the car and TRY and find any probs with it (rust,split gatiers ect) if its all good then ill have it:)hope your happy with your car though.

twallwood
09-03-2009, 21:15
it normally always ends up that the most expensive car to buy costs the least in the long run, theres always bargains to be had tho! i'd never buy a car without seeing it in the flesh, the amount of times ive gone to view a car and wasted my time!