PDA

View Full Version : Had to happen at some point...

Tiny Tim
09-03-2009, 08:25
BALLS.

Got a lovely letter through from the Dorset Police Safety Camera Partnership on Saturday, been caught going through a red light light at the end of Feb.
Clean license for over 9 years. Typical.

It's giving me the option of admiting guilt or taking it to court, and whilst I'll happily admit my fault and taking the rap, I cant help but be a tad pi55ed off... I never intentionally run a red light, so i'm guessing it was a very 'close call'.

Has anyone had any experience of this? Would I be allowed to request a copy of the photographic evidence without dragging my a$$ through court?

Noa33
09-03-2009, 08:35
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

naughty naughty boy!!! and yes you can request a photo you just have to complete a subject access request that the police (as a data holder) must complete and return all information they hold on there systems against you, unless they are above the law this is part of your basic data protection act law :D

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-03-2009, 08:41
Tim,

I take it there was a car up your arse and than you notice the young teenager in the front seat was not wearing a seat belt, and that if you had to break hard for the red light the car would of hit you & causing the yound teenager a serious head injury?

So you had a split nano second to judge whether or not to stop for the solid amber light before it went to red... and you must have missed timed it by only a second, but did stop a serious potential accident...

Perhaps a friend was driving 2 or 3 cars behind and noticed this "car/boyracer etc etc" up your backside....

Blick
09-03-2009, 08:45
i went to court over the same thing and they slapped a ts10 on me! ass hoooooooles! :cry:

5teve L
09-03-2009, 09:00
Whats a TS10 ?

Sy5GTT
09-03-2009, 09:00
Tim,

I take it there was a car up your arse and than you notice the young teenager in the front seat was not wearing a seat belt, and that if you had to break hard for the red light the car would of hit you & causing the yound teenager a serious head injury?

So you had a split nano second to judge whether or not to stop for the solid amber light before it went to red... and you must have missed timed it by only a second, but did stop a serious potential accident...

Perhaps a friend was driving 2 or 3 cars behind and noticed this "car/boyracer etc etc" up your backside....

:agree:

Tiny Tim
09-03-2009, 09:02
If i've done wrong, i'll just own up to it. I would like to see the photo though. Even if just for my own amusement. :rolleyes:

Mart
09-03-2009, 09:08
It's the same as getting caught by a camera for speeding, in that you can request to see photographic evidence. If you have to give a reason, which I don't think you legally have to anyway, just say you honestly thought you were laid up in bed that day with the sh1ts/ebola/hiv.

If you're still not sure on where you stand, drop Tommy TK a line...

Blick
09-03-2009, 09:09
Whats a TS10 ?

on your licence for ten yrs i think it means, thats what they put on my licence for going through a red slightly after they had changed.:cry:

Mart
09-03-2009, 09:12
TS10 simply means 'Failing to comply with traffic light signals'. It stays on your licence for 4 years, not 10.

Blick
09-03-2009, 09:14
TS10 simply means 'Failing to comply with traffic light signals'. It stays on your licence for 4 years, not 10.

ohh right its only 4!? i thought the 10 after the ts ment 10yrs... thats not 2 bad then, that should come off now then. i shall look in2 it. cheers mart :agree:

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-03-2009, 09:17
As mart said, TS10 Traffic Signal offence, Active for 3 years from date of conviction not offence, stays 4 years on your licence from date of conviction & you must declare it to insurance companies for 5 years from date of conviction.

Blick
09-03-2009, 09:20
As mart said, TS10 Traffic Signal offence, Active for 3 years from date of conviction not offence, stays 4 years on your licence from date of conviction & you must declare it to insurance companies for 5 years from date of conviction.

it was 4yrs last mth from the date of conviction! imagine i`ll have to get in touch with the dvla then to get it taken off!? any idea how to go about this matey?

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-03-2009, 09:25
it was 4yrs last mth from the date of conviction! imagine i`ll have to get in touch with the dvla then to get it taken off!? any idea how to go about this matey?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/EndorsementsAndDisqualifications/DG_4022490

Check on there, tbh i normally leave them on there, the police dont care once there spent etc...

Oh & it cost £17.50 to have them removed... cocks!!

Blick
09-03-2009, 09:28
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/EndorsementsAndDisqualifications/DG_4022490

Check on there, tbh i normally leave them on there, the police dont care once there spent etc...

Oh & it cost £17.50 to have them removed... cocks!!

cheers mate! and yep correct! they r indeed... :agree:

markey b
09-03-2009, 18:25
i feel for ya chap, my clean licence of 7 years was ruined sat nite doing 40 in a 30 on a non built up road, at 9pm at night.. oh well...

Rach
09-03-2009, 18:43
You can request a copy of the photo without it affecting your rights to just accept the fixed penalty. Just say you werent sure who was driving and would like to see the evidence to clarify it. Then you can decide whether to accept the penalty or dispute it............

car.crash
09-03-2009, 18:58
ohh right its only 4!? i thought the 10 after the ts ment 10yrs... thats not 2 bad then, that should come off now then. i shall look in2 it. cheers mart :agree:

i bloody hope not, i once got a ts50 :laugh:

MikeA
10-03-2009, 00:33
:laugh::wasntme:
i bloody hope not, i once got a ts50 :laugh:

:laugh:

twallwood
10-03-2009, 12:14
a pal of mine got done for speeding recently, 39 in a 30, they gave him the option of doing a speed awareness course, still pay £60 but you dont get the points. seems like a good idea. guess they dont offer it for a ts10

Penfold aka The Dealer
10-03-2009, 12:23
a pal of mine got done for speeding recently, 39 in a 30, they gave him the option of doing a speed awareness course, still pay £60 but you dont get the points. seems like a good idea. guess they dont offer it for a ts10

It depends on the local council whether or not offenders are allowed to go for the option of a speed awareness course.

The course's are normally only for speeders (hence the name), but it is worth seeing if your local county/council offer a driving course instead of fine/point's... often the driving course's are double to cost of the fine but dont have points etc.

Tiny Tim
10-03-2009, 12:26
I might plead temporary colour blindness.

THE MASTER
11-03-2009, 00:12
money cash point
have some fun pissing peeps of and braking hard at yellow lights(dont wait for them to turn red) and also yellow boxes dont worry about hurting peeps feel free to hit the back of a big green van fitted with a tow bar that goes 3.5 tonne cos its gonna stop at the slightest change of a light

i have to say that there is so mutch bad driving out there these days that i find fun in pissing peeps of with some propper driving like miss daisy :cool: