PDA

View Full Version : front end rebuild...

tom t
08-03-2009, 22:14
im currently doing a few jobs on the 5.
and im doing some bits of welding. the front end needs quite a bit of work, and i could do with some pics of the front end. if any body has any? also of where the front bumper mounts go etc.

and is there a whole front end panel available? will have to get pics up of the pics i could do with cheers:agree:

gtmatt
08-03-2009, 22:27
:)cgb sells some front panels:) also renault do

tom t
08-03-2009, 22:48
in this pic is the parts what ive circled i need does any1 know if there still available? and where its highlighted red is the main areas.
i will get some pics up of the areas i need to sort 2moro, cheers

gtmatt
08-03-2009, 22:54
your talking big pennys there from renault if u can get them still take a grinder and get to the breakers:)

tom t
09-03-2009, 07:28
kool. dont think theyll be to many 5s in scrappys near me. do you think it would be worth plating the rust parts myself? or would it be to hard to get the front end straight if you see what i mean?

i just went and picked up some parts of a 5 in lincoln yesterday. knew i should have took the angle grinder. some other bloke was there when i got there aswell had an extra van with him. any1 on here?

cheers bud

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-03-2009, 07:37
Renault aren't to bad & geniune parts always fit better...

CGB do panels but at a cost...

http://www.beeversautopanels.co.uk/ - Try these, there pretty damn cheap

tom t
09-03-2009, 20:30
some pics of my front end. just got some sheet metal today.
also revealed some rot under my passenger side rear window today, lovely. how have people repaired this in the past? cheers

diggerdog36
27-07-2009, 20:56
Here is mine, please tell me its not as bad as I think!!
Where can I get the panels from to fix it, I'd rather spend the money and make it a permanent fix.

JRP
27-07-2009, 21:18
Here is mine, please tell me its not as bad as I think!!
Where can I get the panels from to fix it, I'd rather spend the money and make it a permanent fix.

If i was you id cut said parts out and get some bits made up....

i know a guy check my project what it looked like.. and what it now looks like... he made all bits from scratch

tom t
27-07-2009, 22:57
my mate done most of this work so i didnt get to see how it got done 100% he just cut and shaped new parts of sheet metal to roughly the same as the old and got the welder going.

not really to hard its just we ended up cutting quite a bit of metal back. if money wansnt so tight i definatley would have preferred fitting new panlels. as it would just look tidier. still need to finish mine of with paint really.

get stuck in m8. :agree:

diggerdog36
27-07-2009, 23:23
I would love to get stuck in, but I only sold my welder a few weeks ago before I had plans to buy another 5. Now Im worried how far im gonna have to cut back to get to good metal!

Do Beevers or renault sell the little side panels with the holes in with the bumper bracket on?