PDA

View Full Version : Sale of car or scam, Sweden

steveT2
08-03-2009, 20:51
A guys been showing loads of interest this week with the RX7 from the PH advert, at 1st i took it with a pinch of salt thinking it was a scam. anyway to cut a long story short, i asked for a 10% deposit, he asked for my bank details and i though that's it a deffo scam, i suggested PayPal or a cheque, the next thing a reply saying that he had paid me £500 with the rest of the deposit to follow this week coming due to restriction on his paypal account, Ime starting to think he looks like a genuine buyer???

The paypal deposit payments on its way to my bank, if that goes through ok. i was thinking of a bank transfer for the final payment into a bank account i dont use then shift it out into another account.

If all goes OK has anyone got ideas with the situ on exporting a car to Sweden? He hasn't imported a car before? http://www.renaultalpineownersclub.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Steve

Noa33
08-03-2009, 23:06
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

best advise i can offer is if he said he will send extra money and can you forward it on to the "shipping company" to cover the costs of the export he has already arranged, back well outta there quick sharpish.

Other things to keep in mind is if the deposit money does come through, dont spend it because if it does turn out to be a scam you are liable for the full value of the initial transfer in to your account even if you spend the money.

Also i would be concerned with anyone buying the car without even coming to see it, no matter where you live if your that strongly looking to import a car you will either do it through a registered dealer or go and see it first.

But fingers crossed its all good for you mate, if you want anymore advise ask away!

twallwood
09-03-2009, 00:15
a pal of mine sold his r32 skyline gtr to a bloke in sweden without even looking, they sorted it out on the phone, deposit through paypal, bank transfer for the rest, shipping company picked the car up, that was the last he heard. the guy paid 7grand for the car so were not talking peanuts! the bloke must have been bonkers to drop that amount on a car hes never seen in the flesh, crazy swedes!

mightymanx
09-03-2009, 00:33
gota be carefull with these kinda things.
have u spoke to him on the fone?