PDA

View Full Version : starting problems

Mike_R5GTT
08-03-2009, 11:17
when ive been on a long run and the car has been up to temp and then i stop, turn car of for half hour or so when i go to start the car again it takes a good 4 or 5 seconds before it fires up, could it be that it needs a little choke even tho its still hot or could it be the valve clearences

RICHIE
08-03-2009, 11:20
when ive been on a long run and the car has been up to temp and then i stop, turn car of for half hour or so when i go to start the car again it takes a good 4 or 5 seconds before it fires up, could it be that it needs a little choke even tho its still hot or could it be the valve clearences

could just be the fuel evapourating in the carb hence renault fitted the anti perc fan to help cure this problem. its a common problem so i shouldnt worry bowt it. just make sure theres no bystanders as i find it embarrasing

Brett78
08-03-2009, 11:28

Think you will find this the norm with most 5 Gtt's especially as most people rip out the perc fans. Opening a can of worms with the question of keep or bin? I always ran a perc fan on mine with no problems :)

Mike_R5GTT
08-03-2009, 13:09
ok mines still got the perc fan, it all ways starts just takes a few cranks lol never mind

Blick
08-03-2009, 13:20
i recently removed my perc fan..... takes a few cranks after ive been givin her death :coffee: didnt really hav a choice with my hose run. nothin 2 worry about :agree:

sphinX
08-03-2009, 13:56
Mike, I have an anti perc fan as well. Have exactly the same thing happen so i guess its nothing to worry about, I just pump the gas once before i start the engine and it starts up fine.

Mike_R5GTT
08-03-2009, 23:58
ok kl kl ill give that a go next time, all ways happens when im up southend lol every one is looking and takes loads off cranks they probley think normal ren 5 :)