PDA

View Full Version : hey im back

steveR5GTT
07-03-2009, 17:36
well been sum time since i was here, had a few cars since but had the r5 sat in the garage for over 2 years doin nothin ive started to play with it gettin it back 2gether and found my love for it again woo hoo!

so the old crowd still here then ? biggs, mart, andy cooke, scoff, ashly, miller ect?

can see the times have defo improved at pod since ive been away, slippd right down the leader board now lol, best pull my finger out lol

new sites alot better well done guys and gals

sum very intresting projects happening, esp the vag engine, very nice work there

hope to chat to many of you again and see old faces at sum meets ;)

Adey aka Ewok
07-03-2009, 17:54
easy buddy, hows things?

steveR5GTT
07-03-2009, 18:06
easy buddy, hows things?
yeh good mate, hows you ? long time no spk, you eva get that 172 turbo conversion done ?

Adey aka Ewok
07-03-2009, 18:09
unnn no lol ended up going itbs and cams route, but have just started ripping her apart as im bored again, got another gtt to skunt about in at the mo

steveR5GTT
07-03-2009, 18:14
unnn no lol ended up going itbs and cams route, but have just started ripping her apart as im bored again, got another gtt to skunt about in at the mo
mate uve always got a gtt to skunt bout in lol, ah cant believe u pussyd out and went that route lol

you hear from george much nowadays ?

The new Bill J
07-03-2009, 18:16
It's a lol-overload, or should that be overlolad? :sad:

Adey aka Ewok
07-03-2009, 18:35
bill you ****, i think ure scared of the lol. yeah hear from him every so often, aint seen him for a while tho

The new Bill J
07-03-2009, 18:40
bill you ****, i think ure scared of the lol.

:laugh: I think you could be right!

I'm wondering, when you talk do you actually say "lol" at least every other sentence, or is it only when you type? :scared:

Adey aka Ewok
07-03-2009, 19:04
some times when taking the piss i say l o l or even laugh out loud :agree:

The new Bill J
07-03-2009, 19:35
some times when taking the piss i say l o l or even laugh out loud :agree:

:D

I can't wait until the next time we meet up. You just know, every other word/thing said, is going to be "lol" :laugh:

steveR5GTT
10-03-2009, 15:31
bill u still havent changed hav ya, havnt spoke to u in sum time, hope all is well ;)

The new Bill J
10-03-2009, 20:00
bill u still havent changed hav ya,

And neither has your attempt at the English language by the looks of it ;)

THE MASTER
11-03-2009, 01:26
L blOdey L :) innit pmpl

steveR5GTT
14-03-2009, 02:38
And neither has your attempt at the English language by the looks of it ;)
well wudnt wana change dat, ud have nothin to moan bout then ha ha

and just 4 u and the master heres a couple of lols ha ha :cooter:

Ashy
14-03-2009, 10:21
Now then mate, still here... Whats the crack with your 5 these days? Did you get the engine re-done before you disapeared? or is it still the same spec?

steveR5GTT
15-03-2009, 12:06
Now then mate, still here... Whats the crack with your 5 these days? Did you get the engine re-done before you disapeared? or is it still the same spec?
engine just goin back 2gether now mate, lost heart in it after it blowin up at pod, thought it was simple replace parts job but has ended in complete rebuild

pressure plate bolts ripped out the flywheel, which messed up the flywheel, pressure plate, clutch, and smashed the gearbox

so sorted all that and went to start it up to find no compression what so ever, found out id bent all 16 valves so had them all replaced, and found if smashed the hardened casing off both cams aswell

has just been 1 expence after another, but got the bug back now so getting it back 2gether in the next week or so, then once runnin im lookin to get another block and goin the forged route, 1st thing is finding a gearbox to cope with the power hike 1st, no point in having 400+ if its just gona destroy boxs is it

see urs is comin along nicly now mate, how you findin it ? u still on clio ecu or u gone std alone like me yet ?

good to see ur still battling on with the 5s tho mate, hope all it well on ur end, will have so look over at urs at a meet soon bud :)

Ashy
15-03-2009, 13:10
funny you should say that, i bought a 182 that had been over-revved and blown the clutch / flywheel / gearbox to bits!! it also smashed all the gearbox mounting bolts out of the block too so the whole lot was a right off! tbh i havent stripped the engine down to see if theres any internal damage yet as i just fitted a known good engine and box!

I've always been running a DTA standalone mate, it ran on that even when it was N/A.

James5
15-03-2009, 13:35
That will be me running my R5 on 172 standard demobilised / Group N whatever they call it ECU:crap:.

steveR5GTT
15-03-2009, 14:46
funny you should say that, i bought a 182 that had been over-revved and blown the clutch / flywheel / gearbox to bits!! it also smashed all the gearbox mounting bolts out of the block too so the whole lot was a right off! tbh i havent stripped the engine down to see if theres any internal damage yet as i just fitted a known good engine and box!

I've always been running a DTA standalone mate, it ran on that even when it was N/A.
ah for sum reason i thought ud used the std ecu bud.

yeh wen they go they defo go wit a bang dont they lol

how you findin the car with everyday life or u using it as a weekend toy ?

steveR5GTT
15-03-2009, 14:48
That will be me running my R5 on 172 standard demobilised / Group N whatever they call it ECU:crap:.
you up and running yet mate?

will u be joinin us on the turbo route in the end ?

James5
15-03-2009, 17:57
you up and running yet mate?

will u be joinin us on the turbo route in the end ?

Not up and running just yet need a new starter and battery at the mo but cracked a rib so not able to do much @ the mo, but yes I will be going down the turbo route so will be pestering you all for advice:laugh: I have started getting some parts for the turbo conversion already got myself a Cossie T3.

steveR5GTT
15-03-2009, 18:10
Not up and running just yet need a new starter and battery at the mo but cracked a rib so not able to do much @ the mo, but yes I will be going down the turbo route so will be pestering you all for advice:laugh:
i didnt do the conversion myself i brought it already done, so ashley and scoff are prob better for advice but please fire away and ill help with anything i can when u need it mate.

oh and ash, what exhaust manifold did u use ?

Ashy
15-03-2009, 21:00
Its just a weekend toy mate, the V6 is my daily driver! As we've just had a baby I'm not getting as much time to play in the garage as I used to but I've been tinkering on this weekend in the sunshine :)

The exhaust manifold was just something I made out of the old std manifold, I basically copied Scoffs design which seems to work very well!

theres a thread on here marrow

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=3234

steveR5GTT
18-03-2009, 17:58
Its just a weekend toy mate, the V6 is my daily driver! As we've just had a baby I'm not getting as much time to play in the garage as I used to but I've been tinkering on this weekend in the sunshine :)

The exhaust manifold was just something I made out of the old std manifold, I basically copied Scoffs design which seems to work very well!

theres a thread on here marrow

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=3234

just looked thru mate, very nicly done conversion, liking the dash aswell, u lookin to go the forged route at any point ?

congrats on the baby, hope the family is well ;)