PDA

View Full Version : New front grille.Whats best? Any to avoid?

LukeRobbo
06-03-2009, 23:53
http://www.gttuning.com/images/twister_front_g.jpg
http://www.gttuning.com/images/twister_front_g.jpg
I like this grille and was wondering if its good quality and fit?

I recently was in a little knock in my phase 2 and cracked a part off the grille and the bottom lat has always been broke.Im not into bodykits and major bodymods but think my car might look quite good with my morette front lights fitted when i get them upto standard(repaired and angel eyes) and this grille with maybe a renault badge on the right hand side.

I dont like the phase1,renault 19 grille or any others ive seen.Please let me know grilles you know of incase i like them better.

tiff_lee
07-03-2009, 00:57
You thought about modifying your phase 2 grille? remove the second and fourth slat?

You modifying some headlights to make your own angel eyes?

Blick
07-03-2009, 08:03
i had a twister grill on an old gtt.... didnt fit 2 well mate, wasnt really long enough etc: very brittle also.

Tiny Tim
07-03-2009, 08:13
Avoid the Laguna style. They look sh1te. And no, thats not my opinion, thats fact.

Blick
07-03-2009, 08:16
Avoid the Laguna style. They look sh1te. And no, thats not my opinion, thats fact.

:laugh: correct! :agree: personaly think the standard grill for the p1 and p2 look much better than any after market 1.....

LukeRobbo
07-03-2009, 14:04
I agree the r19 grille is crap.Disapointed about the twiser not fitting good.might have to modify it do so because their is no other grilles i like.

Not keen on modifying a standard grille and yeah gonna make my own angel eyes i think.

BriC
07-03-2009, 16:48

:cry: Like the one on my campus? I thought it looks wikkid.. along with the motorsport stickers, ripspeed LED gearknob, cheapo chinese Sparco wannabe pedals..

RICHIE
07-03-2009, 17:09
that style grill has out stayed its welcome

michael tierney
07-03-2009, 17:37
i.m still not completely sold on my phase 1,but its different i supose.:confused:

Maka
08-03-2009, 22:31
13 years odd ago ( i remember as one of the rich kids at school had a gt turbo when he hit 17) i saw a rather tasty grill on his 5.
it was half mesh with a renault badge where the intercooler was, the other side looked similar to the standard grill.
looked rather tasty!!!!

but saying that so did the girls back then, but now when you see them with 2.5 kids and suffering with to many takeaways it mkes me think that maybe the grill im thinking of is also a bag of ****e!

shamefull

LukeRobbo
09-03-2009, 00:01
13 years odd ago ( i remember as one of the rich kids at school had a gt turbo when he hit 17) i saw a rather tasty grill on his 5.
it was half mesh with a renault badge where the intercooler was, the other side looked similar to the standard grill.
looked rather tasty!!!!

but saying that so did the girls back then, but now when you see them with 2.5 kids and suffering with to many takeaways it mkes me think that maybe the grill im thinking of is also a bag of ****e!

shamefull
:laugh::laugh: Has anyone got a picture of a twister grille on a car please?

I might have a go at a custom grille if i get handy with photoshop or could ask my mate to help.Just fancy something to make my car stand out and look a bit more cool.Well it does already and get a lof of attention but you know what i mean.

Brigsy
09-03-2009, 00:06
that style grill has out stayed its welcome

:agree: :laugh:

O.e all the way....

Tiny Tim
09-03-2009, 08:16
:cry: Like the one on my campus? I thought it looks wikkid.. along with the motorsport stickers, ripspeed LED gearknob, cheapo chinese Sparco wannabe pedals..

Didnt even notice the grille on yours mate. If I had, i'd have told you it looked sh1t ;)

Blick
09-03-2009, 08:18
:laugh::laugh: Has anyone got a picture of a twister grille on a car please?

I might have a go at a custom grille if i get handy with photoshop or could ask my mate to help.Just fancy something to make my car stand out and look a bit more cool.Well it does already and get a lof of attention but you know what i mean.

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=366

raj
09-03-2009, 10:25
:agree: :laugh:

O.e all the way....

totally agree:agree: in my opinion all aftermarket grills just dont fit nowhere near as crisp as the std grills.

LukeRobbo
09-03-2009, 15:43
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=366
Thanks couldnt find a picture anywhere and that ones perfect because it also has a standard bumper like mine.I quite like it but think it needs a renault badge on the right hand side.Also need to see if its possible to make it a better fit.Would be cool to have this grille and my morrette lights as a second lock and hopefully il get my phase 2 grille repaired.

jure
09-03-2009, 16:04
IMHO only PrimaRacing monte carlo grill looks good although original one has best design.