View Full Version : has it happened to you?

mightymanx
05-03-2009, 00:38
was wondering if this or anythin as dodgy had happened to you.
in your gtt or any other car ?
took the gtt out before for a little drive about.
have the speedlines on at the mo as watitng to fit new wish bones.
so was driving at about 20 when i felt something in the steering.
thought to myself feels like the wheels gona fall off so i stopped and checked.
and the wheel was almost off.
morale of the storey when fitting wheels just to get you about make sure all nuts are tight. :scared:

robbie506
05-03-2009, 10:48
was wondering if this or anythin as dodgy had happened to you.
in your gtt or any other car ?
took the gtt out before for a little drive about.
have the speedlines on at the mo as watitng to fit new wish bones.
so was driving at about 20 when i felt something in the steering.
thought to myself feels like the wheels gona fall off so i stopped and checked.
and the wheel was almost off.
morale of the storey when fitting wheels just to get you about make sure all nuts are tight. :scared:

happend to me in my xr3i a few years ago but the wheel came off hell of alot of damage never make the same mistake twice.

LampsR5
05-03-2009, 10:51
something similar happened to me however it was the rear driver side wheel bearing, i **** you not i drove it back home and the wheel looked like it was just going to roll off into the distance.....shat myself but it was either get home or be stranded 3 miles away :s

Misky
05-03-2009, 10:57
Yep! When i took my car home from the bodyshop! they took th passengers wheel off to fit a wing and they didnt put the wheel back on tight!
On the M60 the loudest knocking ever heard!! I was cr*pp*ng myself!!
Right down to 40/50 mph as i did not have a wheel brace with me. Always carry it now!

phase i 16 v turbo
05-03-2009, 11:22
I had two new rear tyres fitted on my Cosworth, on the way to work in the morning felt a wobble, next thing I was facing the wrong way on the A3 heading for the hard shoulder. When I finally came to a stop the passenger’s side rear wheel had come off and was under the hub. Lucky escape! Tyre shop said it was my responsibility to have checked the tyres after the first 3-6 miles.

JRP
05-03-2009, 21:23
Suprised you didnt sell it with a loose wheel when you found out

Os8472
05-03-2009, 21:27
I had someone loosen all the wheel nut on all 4 wheels of mine last year, didn't realise there was a problem until I got out of the town and got upto 60mph, not nice

scratcher
05-03-2009, 22:45
I had someone loosen all the wheel nut on all 4 wheels of mine last year, didn't realise there was a problem until I got out of the town and got upto 60mph, not nice

:eek: Thats not a funny joke at all. Do you know who it was?

mightymanx
05-03-2009, 23:48
Yep! When i took my car home from the bodyshop! they took th passengers wheel off to fit a wing and they didnt put the wheel back on tight!
On the M60 the loudest knocking ever heard!! I was cr*pp*ng myself!!
Right down to 40/50 mph as i did not have a wheel brace with me. Always carry it now!

i didnt have hardly any tools with me was 4 mile from home found 1 spanner in the boot that tightened it enough to get me home driving at 20 mph:scratch:

Os8472
06-03-2009, 12:56
:eek: Thats not a funny joke at all. Do you know who it was?

Nope, thing is they did in the middle of a public car park, so they weren't trying to nick me wheels, they were out to kill me:eek:

sphinX
06-03-2009, 13:09
Mate...that's really ****ed up (pardon my language)

Frix
06-03-2009, 13:36

think something similar happened to bruce's old car phatty, with the new owner!!:sad2:

Bigfoot
06-03-2009, 13:37
think something similar happened to bruce's old car phatty, with the new owner!!:sad2:

Yep, wheel came off when driving down the M4, they had only just bought the car the previous day as well

Frix
06-03-2009, 13:56
Yep, wheel came off when driving down the M4, they had only just bought the car the previous day as well

that just makes me wanna :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry:

mightymanx
07-03-2009, 00:53

that sucks.
happen to a old fella i no really nice guy in his 60s.
was takeing the grand children out and some 1 had loosened to wheel on his camper why would some 1 do that sort of thing.
imagine if the wheel had came off luckily he pulled over and tightened it :eek: