PDA

View Full Version : Carb needle valve flow rate..

olidaviesuk
04-03-2009, 17:36
Don't suppose anybody has any fuel flow rate figures through the standard needle valve into the carb bowl do they?

Alternatively any figures on how quickly the carb bowl empties (obviously will depend on jet size) when boost at carb is between 14-17psi and I can work back to the flow rate needed to keep it full.

Am testing and measuring everything as the cup all goes back together, as far cheaper and easier sorting any probs now rather than risk damaging another engine..

Ta

Oli

rs250nut
04-03-2009, 17:48
I did not think that you started to empty the bowl until you were above the 20psi mark, I may be wrong.Cant you use a 2.0mm one to be safe? Have you not got a wideband afr gauge in the car? Oh and what do those wheels look like these days?:)

olidaviesuk
04-03-2009, 17:53
Had fuelling probs and just trying to rule absolutely everything out this weekend as racing next sunday... and not got much time left to play with the car, have double checked everything else and this one of the last things to check...

theres going to be two fives racing at brands - probably the first time since 2004 :cool:

No wideband as yet, got quite a few williams wheels though... still in need of a refurb though my brothers going to be persuaded to clean them up and furb them this weekend ;)

I did not think that you started to empty the bowl until you were above the 20psi mark, I may be wrong.Cant you use a 2.0mm one to be safe? Have you not got a wideband afr gauge in the car? Oh and what do those wheels look like these days?:)

rs250nut
04-03-2009, 17:59
Had fuelling probs and just trying to rule absolutely everything out this weekend as racing next sunday

Can i come and watch, what sort of time are we talking though?

Brigsy
04-03-2009, 18:02
Id doubt you will empty the bowl at that boost level. If your worried drill the needle out to 2mm.