PDA

View Full Version : oil in entire boost system!!!

Freeman13
04-03-2009, 17:19
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hey guys im quite new on here and im on my first renault 5 turbo, bit of a project for myself but i have a problem.
I have a stage one hybrid turbo that was installed by previous owner only 10 months old, and is pi**ing oil round my boost hoses and sitting in my intercooler.
I have flushed and cleaned the entire system thinking it was from the previous turbo but to no avail.

Is there any other reason apart from the turbo seals which could cause this problem???

rs250nut
04-03-2009, 17:25
How much oil is in the engine? Does it still have the o.e breather system with the pipe going into the telephone hose? It does sound like the seals are fecked though

Freeman13
04-03-2009, 17:31

the oil was inbetween the max and min on the dipstick, yes it still has the o.e breather system on.

stuTHC
04-03-2009, 20:09
hey mate. Welcome to the club.
It does sound like your turbo oil seals. To be sure thou, clean out your turbo-intercooler boost hose. Pull the breather hose out of the telephone hose (between air filter and turbo) and put it into a catch tank (empty pop bottle). Make sure all is secure and go for a little drive If you have oil in the turbo-int hose after that it can only be the turbo. In which case take a look in Adam L's direction ;)
and if your boost hose is still clean you should see oil start to collect in the catch tank.
Be careful thou, oily petrol doesn't really burn the same as normal unleaded :eek:

Freeman13
05-03-2009, 17:15

After taking your advice it is looking like the turbo seals so i shall give Adam L a pm :agree: