PDA

View Full Version : porting/flowing heads

raj
12-09-2008, 01:32
theres many companies out there doing it so for all that have had there heads ported, whos been happy with the end result? did you get flow test results with the head once they gave it back? what company did you use?

ive done a little bit of browsing and came across this company which looked pretty impressive - http://www.cncheads.co.uk/gallery1/gallery1.html (http://www.cncheads.co.uk/gallery1/gallery1.html) just abit expensive mind!

Andrew Cooke
12-09-2008, 13:24
Their prices seem pretty good, but they have already done the R+D on the heads they sell. If you turned up with a GTT head they'd be starting from nothing, so either you wouldn't get the atention to detail they put into their Evo heads for example, or you'd be paying mega bucks for a one off.

Andrew Cooke
12-09-2008, 13:28
time for you to build your own flow bench Raj, plenty of info on the web...

imagine, you could flow carbs, inlets, heads, intercoolers, exhaust manifolds....

Frix
12-09-2008, 13:28
Their prices seem pretty good, but they have already done the R+D on the heads they sell. If you turned up with a GTT head they'd be starting from nothing, so either you wouldn't get the atention to detail they put into their Evo heads for example, or you'd be paying mega bucks for a one off.

i see on your profile your running the gordini head, whats involved in fitting this head to the c1j?

raj
12-09-2008, 13:41
i see on your profile your running the gordini head, whats involved in fitting this head to the c1j?
ive asked andy the same question in the past, and he says its really not worth it, yoo'll be better off going down the b18ft route.
im sure he said he did his due to the racing regulations/limits etc..?

raj
12-09-2008, 13:47
time for you to build your own flow bench Raj, plenty of info on the web...

imagine, you could flow carbs, inlets, heads, intercoolers, exhaust manifolds....

id love to, i wouldnt know where to start!
there got to be more to it than just flowing the lot?
ive heard that inlet ports should be kept smaller than exhaust? or vice versa?:confused:
and regarding inlet manifolds... ive not seen any that are flowed with enlarged ports?
the same goes for exhaust manifolds.

reg ex mans, ive always thought the short ex manifold used on f7. turbo conversion would be good on the gtt? maybe knocking up a short tubular type but similar to the clio turbo type? im sure there enough clearance for it.
question is is it better to have a longer boost circuit or longer exhaust manifold?

Andrew Cooke
12-09-2008, 20:50
ive asked andy the same question in the past, and he says its really not worth it, yoo'll be better off going down the b18ft route.
im sure he said he did his due to the racing regulations/limits etc..?

what he said:agree:

there are better things to spend 10K on.

Andrew Cooke
12-09-2008, 20:54
question is is it better to have a longer boost circuit or longer exhaust manifold?

I'd say that shorter exhaust is more important, it's about percentages. You already have a lot of volume in the inlet, and few more inches won't make much difference. That's just a guess on my part though.