PDA

View Full Version : Contents of Bottom end gasket set

c5 swh
01-03-2009, 22:46
http://www.cgbmotorsport.net/ekmps/shops/cgbmotorsport/images/dsci0048(1)[ekm]400x300[ekm].jpg

In the above picture can somebody tell me what all the parts are for, I know the sump seals, crank seals, liner seals.

Now what are all the washers for? and also is the gasket for the bit that bolts onto the front right and side of the engine?

Hope this makes sense

Mart
01-03-2009, 23:06
Washers are for the turbo feed take off/pressure sensor, the oil level sensor, and the sump-plug.

There is a gasket for where the mechanical fuel-pump would go on n.a models, so I'm guessing that's the gasket you're referring to?

Sparkie
01-03-2009, 23:08
http://www.cgbmotorsport.net/ekmps/shops/cgbmotorsport/images/dsci0048(1)[ekm]400x300[ekm].jpg

In the above picture can somebody tell me what all the parts are for, I know the sump seals, crank seals, liner seals.

Now what are all the washers for? and also is the gasket for the bit that bolts onto the front right and side of the engine?

Hope this makes sense

yes, there is a gasket for the fuel pump hole cover in the block.
there is a sump washer, turbo oil feed washers/ turbo water feed washers (same size), i always thought the two fibre/metal washers were for the oil sandwich plate where the oil pipes screwed in. there is also the round gasket that fits between the block and the oil sandwich plate.

c5 swh
01-03-2009, 23:14
Thanks for that guys, just wanted to make sure:cool:

Sparkie
01-03-2009, 23:17
also forgot about the brown ring...the one that fits between the dizzy and the block.

Mart
01-03-2009, 23:19
The paper jobby. Never understood why it was in the bottom-end set, and not the top, when you think of where the dizzy is positioned.

markey b
01-03-2009, 23:55
the GSF one comes with cork gaskets for the sump and timing cover as well... used them on a couple of engines now and they dont leak :smokin:

Sparkie
02-03-2009, 10:49
that'd be the 'Elring' variety....