PDA

View Full Version : squeak

gazk55
28-02-2009, 19:47
First post!

when my 5 is in very low revs i get this rattley squeak coming from the exhaust i think!!!! :confused: but nothing seems loose...........any ideas????

gtmatt
28-02-2009, 19:48
could be anything is it when u are moving ?? or parked up ?? need more info:)

gazk55
28-02-2009, 19:54
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

it's like in the low revs of pulling off!, it seems to go when moving at speed, coming from the front..........................i think, very irritating!!!:mad:

RICHIE
28-02-2009, 21:00
think the symptoms you describe are to vague

TNT Tricky Nicky
01-03-2009, 12:28
could be a blown manifold gasket, that'll give a rattle and squeak

w35ty
01-03-2009, 18:28
could be anything.. nothing catching?

could be the gasket as nicky said.. any of the rubbers loose? catching?:confused:

JonnyGee
01-03-2009, 21:35
sounds like the bracket that bolts to the engine,with the exhaust going through is loose???? maybe but so many possibilities.:confused:

GTphil
02-03-2009, 11:18
I had a realy annoying squeak coming from what seemed like the exhaust/downpipe it happened when i pulled away and also when i went over slight bumps. I spent ages trying to find it had the whole exhaust off re-assembling it with paste e.t.c made sure everything and i mean everything was tight in the engine bay all to no avail!:sad2: the noise was so annoying it was doing my head in, turned out when i took the engine out the metal plate on the rear engine mount was split in two and it was this rubbing toghether and that was causing the squeak.;) i would have never found that out if i hadn't taken the engine out, as has been said so many possabilites the one above may be the cause, bit of a long shot to be honest. :)

Brigsy
02-03-2009, 11:51
I had exactly the same squeak with the rear engine mount as you did phil. Only discovered the rear engine mount was at fault when it gave in completely.

If the rear mount is ok its prob the downpipe. Mine used to do this when i didn't have the block to downpipe bracket fitted due to excessive movement.