PDA

View Full Version : wiring problems

bye_all_c_ya
27-02-2009, 20:47
well im rebuilding the 5 and got one or two little problems

1. oil pressure / warning lights ect dont work or temp
2 water temp gauge not working
3 tachnometer not working

reason i think it all may not be working is the fact ive used a campus loom behind dash
in the plug behind ash tray what wires go to which of the above items so i can trace back to clocks incase plugs /wiring are different :confused:

bye_all_c_ya
27-02-2009, 20:48
ps earths are ok checked double checked and engine starts fine just these items above

Brigsy
27-02-2009, 21:53
To get oil pressure etc working the pins/wiring on the plugs for the dials will need changing round & wires adding. I had to do this on the van when i done the conversion. All i did was look at the wiring diagrams & after a couple of hours got it sorted.

bye_all_c_ya
27-02-2009, 22:21
i dont understand them wiring diagrams
tryed but fail
the wires will be in the engine loom as thats gt as is the wiring which comes in from the bulk head
so just the behind the dash i need to change
do you now what wires in the main brown plug do what ?
also where behind on the clocks i would need to connect to

bye_all_c_ya
01-03-2009, 09:21
ive got the water temp gauge working .
im going to rewire the whole lot to the oil pressure and oil level

oil pressure ? how does this work ?
ie does it have a 12v supply to sender and a cable back to the clocks? with earth as the engine casing

Brigsy
01-03-2009, 09:45
As far as i know the oil pressure works off a single wire from the clocks to the sender, not too sure about oil level though. I couldn't be bothered to wire mine up as i have a mechanical oil pressure gauge.

Nick k
01-03-2009, 09:48
Hi, I would change the dash loom over to a GT one. Its not a 2 minute job but you know where you are then, and all sensors will work. Not forgot about them brackets either ;)

bye_all_c_ya
01-03-2009, 09:57
lol thanks mate
problem being i dont wanna pay silly money for a loom when all i need to do is re wire the oil pressure up which may not work anyway lol
everythink i need is working now only this left and rev gauge which i need to find the wiring for

just need a dummies way of wiring the oil press as the wiring in the bay is there its theplug on the lhside footwell to clocks its different

Brigsy
01-03-2009, 10:03
Just fit a wire straight from the relevant pin on the clocks to the connector of doom in the engine bay for oil pressure. I wired the rev counter directly to the aei plug iirc, one wire had to go to the fuel pump relay.

Its all easy enough to sort though, no need to mess about changing looms.

R5GTTRaider
14-04-2009, 11:07
Just fit a wire straight from the relevant pin on the clocks to the connector of doom in the engine bay for oil pressure. I wired the rev counter directly to the aei plug iirc, one wire had to go to the fuel pump relay.

Its all easy enough to sort though, no need to mess about changing looms.

so just one wire to the right pin on the clocks will sort this problem?

as i thought the oil level was part of the oil prssure, only working when the ignition is on no 2, and switched the the pessure once started, plus the water temp sender is that one wire to??