PDA

View Full Version : stupid things we do

bye_all_c_ya
26-02-2009, 21:14
well ill start :(
after rebuilding engine filling the oil level correct ect order blue hoses and fitted started the car and steam out the back :cry:
then found i had connected the pipes on the rear of the carb and manifold the wrong way grrr corrected the hoses and now runs great
but engine is full of mayo :(
engine flush and new fresh oil all for not paying attention:cry:
but my first engine rebuild works :):)

Kris M
26-02-2009, 21:29
Not on my 5`s but i remember on my old Suzuki Bandit, id just done a full service, left the oil till last, expensive aswell.....Poured it all in only to realise my shoes were getting wet.......You guessed it, only forgot to put the sodding sump plug back in !! :ashamed:...Never made that mistake since :D:D

dave j gtt
26-02-2009, 21:38
when you do a new head gasket it will take a while for all the old water deposits to clear from the system, and will there fore get steam.

bye_all_c_ya
26-02-2009, 21:51
block was dry no water no oil
complete rebuild liners pistons cams cranks ect head the lot
i must have pumped water in block :(

Kempy
27-02-2009, 12:22
Not on my 5`s but i remember on my old Suzuki Bandit, id just done a full service, left the oil till last, expensive aswell.....Poured it all in only to realise my shoes were getting wet.......You guessed it, only forgot to put the sodding sump plug back in !! :ashamed:...Never made that mistake since :D:D

Ha ha, Your not the only one Kris, i did that on my old astra. My old man was not impressed with the mess. What made it that little more embarassing was he was outside talking to his mate who works for the AA at the time. :ashamed:

Tiny Tim
27-02-2009, 12:34
I've ended up with gearbox oil in my mouth before. Don't ask me how, I can't remember. All I do know is it must have taken about 3 months to get rid of the taste. No joke. :(

Chris Hebden
27-02-2009, 13:16
Trying to do a quick oil change on some sort of 4x4 with the customer waiting, i couldnt be bothered to take all the covers off underneath so i dropped the oil it hit the cover that i hadnt taken off and was directed right over my head! Great hair product!

UNICRONICUS
27-02-2009, 16:28
On my old GTT I fitted a new oil catch tank and stupidly connected both hoses to it from the block so it had no where to breathe! Needless to say, smoke galore when it was running until I realized my mistake and put a breather filter on top of it...

Leigh
27-02-2009, 16:37
Fitted new brake lines all round, car sits in garage for a few months forgot all about bleeding the system. Get towed down the road to drop my car off to the bodyshop and soon remember when i come to stop at the end of the road :eek:

J$£5GTT
27-02-2009, 20:11
I've ended up with gearbox oil in my mouth before. Don't ask me how, I can't remember. All I do know is it must have taken about 3 months to get rid of the taste. No joke. :(

that isnt half as silly as scrapping engine bits!!!
:cry::dearme:

Tiny Tim
27-02-2009, 20:18
that isnt half as silly as scrapping engine bits!!!
:cry::dearme:

You blink, you miss out.