PDA

View Full Version : Understeer

pocket rocket
25-02-2009, 20:03
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Got some problems with understeer while turning left mostly, not as bad when turning right, feels almost as if i can turn easier into left handers than right but car just wants to understeer,feels a lot tighter turning right, tyres are brand new.

Had a problem like this on a previous car turned out to be steering rack ends were not aligned properly which meant i could turn steering wheel 2 1/2 turns to right but only 1 1/2 turns to left (previous owner clown mechanic), not anywhere near as bad as that was but just wanted to ask before i did some investigating.

What are the best ways to tighten up the handling in general? Are full coilover suspension kits worth the money?
Does anyone sell a complete poly bush kit for the 5? :D:D

Os8472
25-02-2009, 20:11
First off I get all ya tracking and aligenment is ok, then move onto ya bushes, you can buy a full set but I found it cheaper to buy them indervidualy on ebay, if you replace the rear ampers they may well come with bushes fitted, check ya top mounts on the front, I replaced mine completely.
I didn't fit poly wishbone bushes on mine cus I just replaced the wishbones and they came with new standard jobs fitted.

I have Avo coilovers on mine and they made so much difference, but at the end of the day getting the wieght balance right is ya biggest problem, turning right is easy cus you've got your body wieght over the inside wheel keeping on he deck where as the turning left your body wieght is over the outside wheel meaning ya inside wheel has naff all wieght over it keeping it from lifting