PDA

View Full Version : younger brothers in your 5

Kempy
24-02-2009, 13:00
As im away at the moment and will be for a while yet i reluctantly allowed my brother to " borrow " it for a year. Now i fear for the safety of it :scared:. Just thought id see if anyone else trusts people with there motor?

Tiny Tim
24-02-2009, 13:03
Put it this way; would you let him play with your balls?

Andrew Cooke
24-02-2009, 13:16
Put it this way; would you let him play with your balls?

add a meat tenderiser, mincer and hand grenade and you're getting close.

Kempy
24-02-2009, 13:22
:brickwall::brickwall::brickwall: what have i done? :sad2:

MR TURBO
24-02-2009, 13:25
As im away at the moment and will be for a while yet i reluctantly allowed my brother to " borrow " it for a year. Now i fear for the safety of it :scared:. Just thought id see if anyone else trusts people with there motor?

No-one & never unless maybe it's life or death!!!!!!!!!;)

Frix
24-02-2009, 13:33

ok i have a younger bro, hes 18, passed his test comin on to a year.

i have him every day begging and pleading!

it just aint going to happen!! :sad2:

Bigfoot
24-02-2009, 13:41
My last renault 5 which I picked up cheap as a go between car I let my brother and my mate drive it. My brother because I was out and he agreed to drive the car home so I can have numerous anounts of alcohol, and my mate because he lets me drive his car if needed, especially when mine wasn't working, only problem being he drove off with the handbrake on first, said it was fast, then showed him without the handbrake on :laugh:

Kempy
24-02-2009, 13:43
ok i have a younger bro, hes 18, passed his test comin on to a year.

i have him every day begging and pleading!

it just aint going to happen!! :sad2:

My bro is 24, and been driving for a few years now, i like to think he will be sensible enough. ( he better! ). As long as i dont start reading threads like " anyone see that idiot driving around MK in a raider". LOL.

Bigfoot
24-02-2009, 14:01
My bro is 24, and been driving for a few years now, i like to think he will be sensible enough. ( he better! ). As long as i dont start reading threads like " anyone see that idiot driving around MK in a raider". LOL.

OO is that you car :eek: :scared:

Frix
24-02-2009, 14:13

well hes got few years experience behind him, so should be cool.

just make sure he keeps the boost down!

markey b
24-02-2009, 14:32
i lent my 5 to my bro when i got it, for a week when i went on holiday.... he now has his own lol

dave j gtt
24-02-2009, 15:50
Depends on what state of repair the car is :scratch:

if they are familier with the car already and use it when needed and not for the fun sure. But not for a year to someone whos going to be doing laps upon laps of town.

these cars are really quirky, you really do need to have regaular checks and service. and have half an idea about the car yourself. unles you have a good mechanic as a mate.

i like watching my mam drive mine and experience the 1bar of boost at 3000rpm when i tell her to hold her foot down hard in 2nd and 3rd :laugh:

phase i 16 v turbo
24-02-2009, 16:08
My brother and I have always swapped cars, just on the understanding you break it you pay for it. This includes my Renault 5 GT Turbos, my RS Turbo Van and my RS Cosworths, in exchange I can use his Nissan GTI-R or his L2000. It works well.

dangerous dave
24-02-2009, 16:24
brother no, a few choice friends could be trusted....only a few tho:p

jesus in the seat of a 5
24-02-2009, 16:27
After going out on track with my younger brother @ the "ring" last but one rtoc tour in his civic....i think not!.......:laugh:

Chris Hebden
24-02-2009, 16:40
Thats why you should have let me look after it!!!!! ;)

Os8472
24-02-2009, 18:25
My bro is 4 years older than me, married and I still don't trust him, I let him ago just before I ditched the carb and I nearly had a heart attack they way he was ragging my poor baby

D4WNO
24-02-2009, 18:28
My dad leant his best friend his new BMW when he was younger...and he stuck it in a ditch and wrote it off. I'm pretty sure they haven't spoken since :laugh:

scratcher
24-02-2009, 18:38
As long as you trust him with it, and give him the 'you break it-you buy it' talk all should be fine.
But there's some big cruise thingy in MK this sunday so it might see a bit of abuse :laugh:

D4WNO
24-02-2009, 18:40
I keep getting texts about this MK cruise from some mates I have up there...like fook am I going though! I am however, doing a tour of most of the UK this weekend instead.

clee
24-02-2009, 18:45
I could fit in my bros 928 but he couldn't fit in the track GTA ....He's younger ,richer but .......fatter and uglier :laugh:

TNT ANDY
25-02-2009, 05:56
My bro is 4 years older than me, married and I still don't trust him, I let him ago just before I ditched the carb and I nearly had a heart attack they way he was ragging my poor baby

By ragging, do you mean going past 4.4K oli?

FYI - thats what your supposed to do:cooter:

raj
25-02-2009, 09:06
im unsure if id let my bro drive mine! hes a vti lad and is constantly relining his car daily. i dont think the 5 would like that.:coffee:

Os8472
25-02-2009, 17:46
By ragging, do you mean going past 4.4K oli?

FYI - thats what your supposed to do:cooter:

No by ragging I mean trying full throttle shifts when there wasn't a rev limiter (pre EFI), understeering into every corner cus he can't help but keep his foot in and always pulling away at full throttle and smoking my exspensive tyres:mad:

Kempy
26-02-2009, 12:26
As long as you trust him with it, and give him the 'you break it-you buy it' talk all should be fine.
But there's some big cruise thingy in MK this sunday so it might see a bit of abuse :laugh:

Hopefully, the tax disc wont come through by then, he lives smack in the middle of CMK. Now im more worried about it being nicked than crashed.:cry: