PDA

View Full Version : Files from the old site

A N D Y
11-09-2008, 17:20
I dunno if its been discussed since the old site went down.... but i take it all uploaded files from the old site have been lost!? were never backed up!? Shame...there was alot of info there, some informative,some funny and some just plain crap!

It hasnt sunk in till now, but a large amount of stuff has just gone!

Ahh the memories.......:cry:

BriC
11-09-2008, 17:24
Here here Andy *Holds you close, so you can cry on my sholder*

paul b
11-09-2008, 17:39
Gary Glitter said the same thing when he got his PC back....(eventually)

Kraig
25-09-2008, 16:07
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I dunno if its been discussed since the old site went down.... but i take it all uploaded files from the old site have been lost!? were never backed up!? Shame...there was alot of info there, some informative,some funny and some just plain crap!

It hasnt sunk in till now, but a large amount of stuff has just gone!

Ahh the memories.......:cry:

I take it this is correct, everything was lost? Including all the old threads e.t.c?
Been looking for a few answers to small queries the last few days, and obviously because the site is new, when searching for something, nothing comes up, whereas on the old site pretty much every nut and bolt size on the car could be found,lol.

Adam L
25-09-2008, 19:30
There was a backup disc pre 2007, wasn't there? Bruce or someone had it.

Ian S
25-09-2008, 22:12
Yeah there is some old stuff, not the user files, but threads, etc.

There is a company constantly failing to get the old site working.

I've phoned them again today. It'll be a while yet.

Scoff
25-09-2008, 22:22
On the plus side I've finnished writing the files area, it's something like the old but ofcourse, its pretty empty.

Unlike the old site though we have decided not to have a members personal files section. It became way too unwieldy on the old site, so hard to find anything. Everyone will still have the ability to upload but it would be nice to keep the regular car images out of it - they're better living in peoples profiles and albums section.