PDA

View Full Version : moving header tank

bernard
22-02-2009, 11:29
Would anyone mind showing me how they went about moving the header tank into the bulkhead, I would like to move it so I can gain room to put my air filter behind the headlight and also box it off and maybe have a small scoop on the bonnet if I can find one that looks suitable.thanks :)

bernard
26-02-2009, 20:31
bump

w35ty
26-02-2009, 23:45
would love to help mate.. been seeing your thread blank for few days now.
stil waiting to get my 5. ima do it to mine thou wen i get it :D so if anyone replys ima have a look aswel!

tiff_lee
27-02-2009, 02:07
I'm in the process of doing the same thing, got some sheet aluminium to box off behind the RH headlight and have moved the header tank to the drivers side behind the firewall.
Going to drill some large holes in the firewall for silicone hoses and use large wiring grommets so the hoses don't catch on the holes.

bernard
27-02-2009, 06:24
cheers chaps, I was just after seeing some pictures to see how others have done it really, I may not bother now and just move the header tank to where the air filter is, Ive ordered some 2mm carbon fibre to box it of and also a carbon vent.

5teve L
27-02-2009, 09:26
Sam, PM James, he had it done on his GTT with the C1J in... & has piccies...

HTH
Steve

bernard
28-02-2009, 08:53

HTH
Steve

o cool I shall ask him, with that block of yours did it ever smoke a litte now and again or get a whiff of oil, it just happens now and again thats all. cheers

5teve L
28-02-2009, 10:07
o cool I shall ask him, with that block of yours did it ever smoke a litte now and again or get a whiff of oil, it just happens now and again thats all. cheers

No mate, never.. only thing i had with it was an oil leak on the timing chain where i took it off to look at the timing & it didn't seal up fully (coz it's bloody awkward to do in the car)

bernard
28-02-2009, 10:20
orite well im not going to worry about it, I cant get anuf of the car at the mo I keep driving it to work cant help it when Ive got my work car also which is a boring vectra. I also had a oil leak from the timing chain cover sorted that now Ive got a small leak from the sump :rolleyes:.

5teve L
28-02-2009, 12:02
orite well im not going to worry about it, I cant get anuf of the car at the mo I keep driving it to work cant help it when Ive got my work car also which is a boring vectra. I also had a oil leak from the timing chain cover sorted that now Ive got a small leak from the sump :rolleyes:.

I did tell you to slap a load of sealant on both before you fitted the engine to the car :p

I miss my 5 :sad:

James5
28-02-2009, 12:13

HTH
Steve

Couple of pics of the header tank in the anti perc fan location where I had it

bernard
28-02-2009, 14:25
cheers james, never thought of putting it there.