PDA

View Full Version : Raider Wheel Refurb

Big Steve - Raider
21-02-2009, 17:19
My mate who refurbished my Raider alloy wheels has put a posting on detailingworld showing how it was done.

Thought I would put a link to it to give you guys inspiration & show how a job done at home can compare to one done at a professional wheel refurbishers & save you £££ ;)

LINK (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=105345)

Penfold aka The Dealer
21-02-2009, 17:28
Well done steve, i will be doing the same on some turbines when i set some spare time.

V Man
21-02-2009, 17:31
My mate who refurbished my Raider alloy wheels has put a posting on detailingworld showing how it was done.

Thought I would put a link to it to give you guys inspiration & show how a job done at home can compare to one done at a professional wheel refurbishers & save you £££ ;)

LINK (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=105345)

Looking good Steve and an inspirational read to:)

dangerous dave
21-02-2009, 17:56
they come out great ... ive done a few sets for myself, logg has the 1st ones now and i think they are still looking good, while i keep my current set for better weather on r888s.:)

i tried to polish some turbines but was taking forever so binned the idea.. white williams wheels turned out ok, black ones were better but needed more layers and rubbing down to smooth a ruff casting.

painting some wheels is fine at home, others are a total nightmare:mad:

Mart
21-02-2009, 18:04
Ya mate doesn't fancy refurb'ing the Evo wheels, does he? :D

raj
21-02-2009, 18:16
the raider wheels look lush:agree: and the other wheels he did came out good too:agree:

one thing im abit confused with:scratch: .... after prime/paint/lacquer why is there any need to sand the lacquer down with wet'n dry paper:scratch: im assuming its for extra shine.? as when you lacquer over paint its pretty much shiny anyway.

wrightygtt
21-02-2009, 19:33
u flat lacquer once it has cured, with 2000 etc, mainly because of ****/ dust particles in the air/ booth which land on your freshly painted surface. Using a machine to then bring back the shine, So when you run your hand over the panal its smoooooth. All depends where you spray, if its outside then you 'll be flatting and polishing nearly every job you do, if its in acontrolled environment even less so!