PDA

View Full Version : What a flaming numpty.....

Harrison01
20-02-2009, 19:58
Thursday i started looking into the fault why the car wouldnt run right with the choke closed after it had been warmed up. so i decided to remove the carb and look into the problem. whilst doing this i managed to drop a small nut down the inlet manifold. i removed the inlet manifold and after hours of poking around i couldnt ruddy find it.:mad: So i decided to strip the part of the engine down and remove the head (hence the gasket thread). once the head had been removed i found the nut sitting on top of the piston.

Today ive been deciding what to do now the engine is in bits. so far ive decided to drop the subframe out and clean/ paint the engine and engine bay, going to fit 285 cam with uprated springs, obviously gasket set, possibly a lightened and balanced fly wheel (but not sure).

now i also want to do a clutch but dont know whats best? ive seen mentioned a volvo clutch but what is involved?

Spooky
20-02-2009, 20:00
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?p=46308#post46308

use that as inspiration...:smokin:

Harrison01
20-02-2009, 20:12
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?p=46308#post46308

use that as inspiration...:smokin:

That is some nice work. not quite sure ive got the time, space, facilities or the funds. very very nice though. maybe one day

RICHIE
20-02-2009, 21:24
Thursday i started looking into the fault why the car wouldnt run right with the choke closed after it had been warmed up. so i decided to remove the carb and look into the problem. whilst doing this i managed to drop a small nut down the inlet manifold. i removed the inlet manifold and after hours of poking around i couldnt ruddy find it.:mad: So i decided to strip the part of the engine down and remove the head (hence the gasket thread). once the head had been removed i found the nut sitting on top of the piston.

Today ive been deciding what to do now the engine is in bits. so far ive decided to drop the subframe out and clean/ paint the engine and engine bay, going to fit 285 cam with uprated springs, obviously gasket set, possibly a lightened and balanced fly wheel (but not sure).

now i also want to do a clutch but dont know whats best? ive seen mentioned a volvo clutch but what is involved?

the paint and prep work is pennies its just your own labour and time. could you not have taken the spark plug out and used a magnetec rod to retrieve it out.

Harrison01
20-02-2009, 21:36
the paint and prep work is pennies its just your own labour and time. could you not have taken the spark plug out and used a magnetec rod to retrieve it out.

i didnt think it had gone in the piston chamber so didnt check but wish i had now.

im alright painting it all up and prepping it, i just wanna know what parts to get from what suppliers as all you diehard fans have a lot more experience than me.

been searching more threads and thinking of getting the volvo 480 clutch from gsf. take it i can get the clutch and not have to modify the lever arm?

RICHIE
20-02-2009, 21:39
i didnt think it had gone in the piston chamber so didnt check but wish i had now.

im alright painting it all up and prepping it, i just wanna know what parts to get from what suppliers as all you diehard fans have a lot more experience than me.

been searching more threads and thinking of getting the volvo 480 clutch from gsf. take it i can get the clutch and not have to modify the lever arm?

straight swap mate its a little harsher on the left foot but thats all

Harrison01
20-02-2009, 21:42
straight swap mate its a little harsher on the left foot but thats all

dont they do a soft pedal conversion or something?

raj
21-02-2009, 15:41
dont they do a soft pedal conversion or something?

you can do a soft pedal conversion if you share the car with your mum:p lol.

someone may have saved the article from the old site which had all the part numbers etc

mr bean aka pete
21-02-2009, 17:32
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=425 soft pedal conversion with part numbers :)

raj
21-02-2009, 19:34
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=425 soft pedal conversion with part numbers :)

someone should stick the info from this in the article section:agree: