PDA

View Full Version : any one moted there car with side exit recentley

dave j gtt
18-02-2009, 17:35
thinking of putting old scorpion rear exit on for mot :crap: will it need it :confused: my mate dose the mot, cant be arsed upsetting him :laugh:

Penfold aka The Dealer
18-02-2009, 17:37
I had a car failed its mot recently but nothing was mentioned about the side exit, mot'd a few cars before with sideys and no issue's.

dave j gtt
18-02-2009, 17:46
need to put my window washers on a switch as well :confused: any one kno an easy way, think my stalk/switch is narkered , any ideas ??

Penfold aka The Dealer
18-02-2009, 17:48
In my grey 5 the washer connected to the rear window wiper button as that has been removed... just make sure u let the MOT tester know as thats 1 of the thing my 5 failed on

Markey Mark (BD)
18-02-2009, 17:48
Think i got a spare stalk in the garage if you want it mate, far easier to change the stalk then to bodge the wiring just to get it working

Ben
18-02-2009, 19:03
I had a car failed its mot recently but nothing was mentioned about the side exit, mot'd a few cars before with sideys and no issue's.
side exit exhausts are not a reason for an mot failure(as long as they are in good order and dont stick out too far and cause a "sharp edge" issue. They can fail you on exhaust noise though if they deem it to be too much louder than a standard equivelent car. rear wash and wipe should not come into the MOT test.

Robbo
18-02-2009, 21:23
see jaffas thread about exhausts, new laws are in place regarding noise etc

dave j gtt
18-02-2009, 22:22
Think i got a spare stalk in the garage if you want it mate, far easier to change the stalk then to bodge the wiring just to get it working

Do all the functions work on the stalk ?
Cheers might just take you up on that :)

Surely theres an easy little "wire an switch job" to put on switch :scratch: just for mot ?
it works, then it dont, then it works.

weres the relay on the wipers for the delay ? Is there a relay on the washers ?

cheers

ollie j
22-02-2009, 14:56
Take rear wiper off for the MOT as if it isnt there then it doesnt get tested. Then at your washer bottle swap the wiring plug for the rear wash to the front wash pump, then you can use the rear wash switch for the windscreen as a temp fix. 5 min job. I did this for my MOT 2yrs on its still like it, so much for a so called temp fix. :)

fishead
22-02-2009, 18:54
rear wipers not a mot testable item whether its there or not

Markey Mark (BD)
22-02-2009, 19:00
Do all the functions work on the stalk ?
Cheers might just take you up on that :)

Surely theres an easy little "wire an switch job" to put on switch :scratch: just for mot ?
it works, then it dont, then it works.

weres the relay on the wipers for the delay ? Is there a relay on the washers ?

cheers

I'll dig it out and check it for you mate and let you know

dave j gtt
25-02-2009, 16:09
Was board an un-motivated 2 hours ago. :(

Got of my arse and removed side exit and put scorpion 3" outward rolled system back on. :smokin:

Was arse of a job using jack but its done :D

Windscren washers fixed. :D

Ready for MOT :D , might take tonight or tomorrow evening depends on when my teas being cooked mmm :cooter: