PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake discs

Chris Hebden
18-02-2009, 10:34
I have just received my rear discs and pads from CRN but i think i am missing a circlip and have got the wrong pads. The EBC part number of the pads match to the car, so hopefully it'll just be me miss remembering.

The first pick is of the front of the disc and you can see a circlip, is that supposed to be there? I thought the bearing was supposed to be pushed upto the body of the disc?

The second pic is of the back, now this is where i thought the circlip went?

Any thoughts?

smithsgtt
18-02-2009, 11:04
only ment to have the circlip on the entry point for bearing to be pressed into .
on the rear of the bearing to disc thats normal mate (no circlip)

Chris Hebden
18-02-2009, 12:44
Ah right, i presumed the bearing would have been pressed from the rear to the front, but its pushed in from the front to the back? Is that right? :ashamed:

smithsgtt
18-02-2009, 12:47
Ah right, i presumed the bearing would have been pressed from the rear to the front, but its pushed in from the front to the back? Is that right? :ashamed:

thats right front to rear

Chris Hebden
18-02-2009, 12:54
Groovarino! Thanks for your help!

Andrew Cooke
18-02-2009, 13:09
The clue is that the hole in the back of the disk is smaller than the bearing....

Chris Hebden
18-02-2009, 14:58
The clue is that the hole in the back of the disk is smaller than the bearing....

It didnt look like it when i first looked at the disc, turns out i was getting confused between the disc and the bearing journal! :agree:

Chris Hebden
25-02-2009, 08:54
Well after a while of the road, new rear calipers, new rear discs and pads, all new flexi brake hoses and nearly all new copper brake lines i've still got problems!!!!

Finally put the car on my freshly refurbed alloys and took the car for a spin.

I've have a massive amount of brake pedal travel, even though i've fully bled the system and the brake pedal is solid when the engine is switched off. I pump it on the road it becomes as solid as it should but then still travels i'm thinking air/water in the system so going to chuck more fluid through the system

Second problem is the brake pedal feels like its got ABS acting on it. When i pressed the pedal i could feel it moving up and down, like something was loose. I will check everything on the rear is tight, but always do that when i put things on the car. I also noticed some little b***er has stolen the 2 metal clips, that support the brake pads from the N/S/R, could this be causing the brake pedal virbration? Any thoughts would be appreciated cheers

Matt Cole
25-02-2009, 13:11
vibration through the pedal will most likely be disc run out on the front. Have you bled the calipers in sequence?? Have you bled the master cylinder. How are you bleeding the system?

Chris Hebden
25-02-2009, 14:27
vibration through the pedal will most likely be disc run out on the front. Have you bled the calipers in sequence?? Have you bled the master cylinder. How are you bleeding the system?

Disc run out on the front??? I havent changed or touched the front disc and pads? I bled from NSR to OSR to NSF to OSF using the pedal technique i couldnt make the eazy bleed seal correctly around the top of the reservoir so had to go to the older method. I've just bought 5litres of brake fluid to going to try and get that round the system? Do you think that will clear it!?