PDA

View Full Version : Prima Racing takes a dramatic win

RussellT
19-08-2008, 12:27
Last Sat at 3 Sisters Tony Hart of Prima Racing took a dramatic win in the modified production class. In his ex R5 GTT cup race car he was the only one in class to beat 80 seconds for 2 laps of 3 Sisters. He left the lotus tuned Lotus Elise 190 trailing in his wake. A spectacular performance that left the Lotus driver bemused at his pace :D

Doris was 5th in her class with a blown front damper to add to her other issues :sad2:

RussellT
20-08-2008, 12:13
link to a photo of Tony in action

http://gt-pix.co.uk/cpg/albums/batch%20chester%20mc%20hatches/097.jpg

Nayls
20-08-2008, 18:19
Good stuff!!!

Love hearing about the gtt's racing & winning.

Hope you get your's sorted russel & have better luck next time :)

RussellT
20-08-2008, 21:05
Thanks Nayls. Doris is in the pits as I type. Dampers are at Leda (now based at a firm called EPM Technology) and Neil there rang me back after I left a message and he reckoned he could have them back in a week. We shall see its going to be tight for Aintree on the 6th Sept.

Andrew Cooke
08-09-2008, 20:15
has anyone protested his rear wing, or water injection yet?

Tiny Tim
08-09-2008, 20:35
has anyone protested his rear wing, or water injection yet?

So what does 'modified class' encompass exactly?

BriC
08-09-2008, 21:24
3 Sisters? Let me know next time any event like this goes down again and I'm there!! :)

Andrew Cooke
08-09-2008, 21:29

My car, if I haven't done it you probably can't do it.

Scoff
08-09-2008, 21:31
Your too modest andy :)

Andrew Cooke
08-09-2008, 21:34
Your too modest andy :)

It was either that or scan the blue book so he could read it for himself :coffee:

Tiny Tim
08-09-2008, 21:34
My car, if I haven't done it you probably can't do it.

So you cant have neons? ;)

To be fair Andy, i've never associated you with 'half-hearted'.

You raise a fair point though... how has he managed to get away with modifications that aren't cleared?

Andrew Cooke
08-09-2008, 21:55
unless you get protested, or happen across an eligibility scruitineer you can get away with a lot - for a while. The only way you can have a 'wing' on the rear is if it's a manufacturer's option. Anyone got that wing in a catalogue?

Tiny Tim
08-09-2008, 21:58
Ummm I hope not...

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=76 :crap::sad2:

RussellT
09-09-2008, 11:55
re eligability now he has beaten Bobby Fryers and set storming times at Harewood Its possible that a few coments to the scrutineers will occur. I bet he will go faster without the wing though. water injection more of an issue.

I will be at 3 Sisters on Sat 20th Sept if anyone is interested.

At Aintree last weekend on a difficult wet day I managed 4th in class 1.5 sec of the winner Dave Marshall. The new stiffer springs were an issue on the bump entering Beeches which was doing its best to launch me airborn. 110mph through the finish I have done 116 on the old engine.

With only 3 events left I think I have finally traced the problem that has been slowing her down all year.....

My fuel filter was completely clogged up :sad2: its amazing she went at all and since I washed it out (its an aluminium jobby) she certainly feels quicker. going for a rolling road at the Fuel Injection Centre Bolton on wed 17th. Hoping for a good result but then no excuses for 3 Sisters the folowing Sat.

Typical a standard service item/job let me down. A lesson learnt.

Andrew Cooke
09-09-2008, 13:05
I wouldn't have though the spoiler would do a lot, but, that said, have a look at a clio maxi, I'll bet regie fitted it for a reason.

Sounds like you're having a 'learning year' Russell, I know all about them, it'll sort itself out, and you'll soon be up and winning.

RussellT
09-09-2008, 15:09
I hope you are right Andy it certainly been character forming but its all part of the game. I just wished I had decided to check the fuel filter before Aintree. It would have been great to really have a go at the two Daves and Fred from Midland Speed. I was just grateful to get my Ledas back in time.

As I said if you had seen the filter with all the mesh deformed by the fuel trying to get through you wouldnt have thought that she would start let alone compete.

There have been other snags such as the leaking spark plugs, broken boost hose conectors, perished gasket in the carb, leaking dampers, shorting king lead, various leaking hoses. I could go and often do!

:D

royz
09-09-2008, 17:18
[

I will be at 3 Sisters on Sat 20th Sept if anyone is interested.

where abouts is 3 sisters might have a trip out

paul b
09-09-2008, 17:31
I hope you are right Andy it certainly been character forming but its all part of the game. I just wished I had decided to check the fuel filter before Aintree. It would have been great to really have a go at the two Daves and Fred from Midland Speed. I was just grateful to get my Ledas back in time.

As I said if you had seen the filter with all the mesh deformed by the fuel trying to get through you wouldnt have thought that she would start let alone compete.

There have been other snags such as the leaking spark plugs, broken boost hose conectors, perished gasket in the carb, leaking dampers, shorting king lead, various leaking hoses. I could go and often do!

:D
Russell need's a HUG.....LOL...

Must say , after the trouble you had with scritineers I can't believe Tony has got away with water inj , never mind cheeky mod's.....

Keep plugging on , you'll be at the top of the list before you know it

DaveAVT
09-09-2008, 17:50
Russell need's a HUG.....LOL...

Must say , after the trouble you had with scritineers I can't believe Tony has got away with water inj , never mind cheeky mod's.....

Keep plugging on , you'll be at the top of the list before you know it

'oi mate, its not water injection, its a blown head gasket!:D'

paul b
09-09-2008, 17:55
well, if you listen to half the world then thats "fitted as standard".....

RussellT
09-09-2008, 18:14
Royz this is the postcode of the circuit WN4 8DD

Try this link http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

RussellT
09-09-2008, 18:43
here is a better map

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=WN48DD&countryCode=GB#map=53.50598,-2.6348|13|4&loc=GB:53.50598:-2.6348:16|WN48DD|WN4%208DD

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
10-09-2008, 22:34

Blue Book page 317. sec 87 states: silhouette as seen in side elevation must remain unaltered above the wheel hub centres of the original car. EXCEPT the engine/cover and bootlid/deck......Bit of a grey erea that....can't see anyone stumping up a protest fee over that.

Water inj?........Hmmm difficult one that, can it be classed as intercooling?

Andrew Cooke
11-09-2008, 00:14
Blue Book page 317. sec 87 states: silhouette as seen in side elevation must remain unaltered above the wheel hub centres of the original car. EXCEPT the engine/cover and bootlid/deck......Bit of a grey erea that....can't see anyone stumping up a protest fee over that.

Water inj?........Hmmm difficult one that, can it be classed as intercooling?

"Rear spoilers are permitted within the overall plan periphery of the original vehicle excluding bumpers. A rear spoiler is a raised surface of opaque material integral with the rear deck with no gaps or openings in the surface, front or rear, and not exceding half the vertical height of the original rear window fitted into the vehicle, measured at the centre of the original window" section 12.4.10

Andrew Cooke
11-09-2008, 00:24
as to water injection, check the definition of fuel in section P :

Fuel (see pump fuel). All substances fed into the combustion chambers of an engine excepting only : (a) Atmospheric air and water vapour contained therein....

Mod Prod uses pump fuel, pump fuel is defined, and it doesn't contain water (or methanol, or antifreeze, or any of that dodgy stuff that gets added)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
11-09-2008, 19:30
From 2008 blue book?

Andrew Cooke
11-09-2008, 20:24
From 2008 blue book?

things are moved around for 2008, but the words are the same. For rear wings see P317 section 91, and for fuel see P57, and pump fuel is defined on P59 and P65. There is even a bit on forced induction concerning what you can use to cool things, I'd say ice is out, and probably spraying water onto the intercooler too.

Andrew Cooke
11-09-2008, 20:41
if anyone want to download a PDF of the bluebook note that it's 30M and pretty dull reading. I know Tim will want to as he's a bit that way:laugh:

http://www.tvrspeedchampionship.co.uk/Files/2008_Files/MSA_BlueBook_2008.PDF

:coffee:

Tiny Tim
11-09-2008, 20:46
Cheers Andy, thats tomorrow sorted at work. :agree: :cartman:

royz
13-09-2008, 18:36
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

here is a better map

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=WN48DD&countryCode=GB#map=53.50598,-2.6348|13|4&loc=GB:53.50598:-2.6348:16|WN48DD|WN4%208DD

thanks for that only 15 mins down the east lancs form where i am what time dose it start