PDA

View Full Version : Running Issue's (HELP)

Big-_-Steve
16-02-2009, 23:11
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Rite i went out for a run last nite and all was good, went out 2nite to go up to Ace Cafe and on route down the motorway came across some boosting problem.
It boosted fine 1 min then didn't seem rite after, i pulled over to see if anything obvious but nothing. At idle it is pretty lumpy (wasn't before) and is pretty gutless compared to previous boosting.
After limping home and gettin it in garage proceeded in ripping it appart to find creamy oil dripping from filter and was in cooler... oil in engine and rocker black as normal.
also coolant hose's were solid but i've put that down to my lack of bleeding it properly and it wasn't over heating and have lost no water.
Can't think of anything else that it's doing but if you have any idea's please PM me as i would appreciate any imput !!!!

Thank's !!!!
Oh and it also started making a not mega loud but fairly loud tapping but me n friend think it's tappet's because dosen't sound dens enough for bottom end.(i know what that sound's like as i bought it with that prob)

Scoff
16-02-2009, 23:36
do you have a dump valve ? check that the diaphram hasn't split.

check that the pipe from the inlet manifold to ignition module is still inplace and not split.

check that you havn't blown the breather pipe off the back of the inlet manifold, or apart at the T junction (follow the pipe around).

finally, check that the mixture screw is still in the carb, they can blow out too.

THE MASTER
20-02-2009, 02:31
pop of the breather pipe from the rocker cover and run the engine if it chuffs loads .you have damaged your rings or pistons