PDA

View Full Version : Twin choke carb adjustments with wideband

Theros
08-02-2009, 20:30
I would like to hear your opinions how to get best results. To be honest I have played very little with twin choke.

I would like to put everything in good order before I start to drive...I am not willing to build up engine again within one week when I will get my car ready.

I have twin choke Webber.

Theros
09-02-2009, 11:55
Is there anyone who knows?

Ashy
09-02-2009, 12:36
I think Miller is running one of these on his fancy 5?

Theros
09-02-2009, 21:38
Carburettor is Weber 32/36 DGV 5A ...if this will help further.

michael tierney
09-02-2009, 21:47
if its a blow through it must have an enrichment device and throttle seals! if its off a turbo lancia then it will probably be too rich and a main jet change may be necessary(primary should be about 120 for a gtt)if its for a larger cc car then your idle air bleed jet is poss.too big so the car will go lean on progression!!(bit of a can of worms as i found out with the pierburg):)

Theros
10-02-2009, 06:07
It is from R5 GTT.

Andrew Cooke
10-02-2009, 13:25
It is from R5 GTT.

do yourself a favour, put the solex back on

allanr5gtt
10-02-2009, 15:54

tell us more mr cooke as i have one sitting in shed and i have been meaning to dig out some day soon for a play.
is it because the webber it harder to set up? or the is it the solex is just better all round.
so please share your wisdom
thanks allan

Theros
10-02-2009, 16:05

Today I called to one company here in Finland. Their opinion was that both Solex and this Weber are not best carbs to engine where are turbos. They recommend Megasquirt or if you want to keep carb. then Weber DAT carburettor. That DAT should give clearly more power and stability that solex or Weber that I have.

They also said that Weber that I am going to put is clearly better than original Solex. Weber can reach something like 200-250 bhp and it will work, but it won't work well under pressure that are higher that 1.5 bar...as Solex is done to work under 1 bar pressure.