PDA

View Full Version : Air filter

stevo clio
07-02-2009, 14:22
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Rite im nearing the end of my engine build now and im going to have to get myself a new filter for it, i would like to get a cone filter that fits straight onton the turbo but the one i have spare is too big to fit between the oil pipes and the turbo. does anyone know of any that will fit in the space and where i can get one?

Mudslinger
07-02-2009, 18:54
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=660 :)

daveybgtt
07-02-2009, 19:33

Is the original the best? I have a pipercross cone filter ready to go on my rebuilt engine, but I also have the OE airbox. Would it be better to get a new element for that? :scratch:

Mudslinger
08-02-2009, 13:30

Is the original the best? I have a pipercross cone filter ready to go on my rebuilt engine, but I also have the OE airbox. Would it be better to get a new element for that? :scratch:

if your planning on attaching the cone filter directly next to the turbo then its a complete waste of money , unless your planning on directing the filter to the front or making a new boxed off filter then id stick a new element in the OE airbox ;)

using a cone filter and positioning it next to the turbo will lose you power as it will be drawing in hot air making the job of the i/c alot harder and inturn raising the charge temps, amazes me the amout of 5's i see with the cone filter pos next to the turbo :sad2:

Frix
08-02-2009, 13:35
i've run both cone filter and o.e airbox, i love the sound of the cone but find my car runs better with the o.e airbox!

daveybgtt
08-02-2009, 14:10

if your planning on attaching the cone filter directly next to the turbo then its a complete waste of money , unless your planning on directing the filter to the front or making a new boxed off filter then id stick a new element in the OE airbox ;)

using a cone filter and positioning it next to the turbo will lose you power as it will be drawing in hot air making the job of the i/c alot harder and inturn raising the charge temps, amazes me the amout of 5's i see with the cone filter pos next to the turbo :sad2:

Ahh ok, cheers. Is it worth getting something like a k&n, or just a regular old renault replacement?

Mudslinger
08-02-2009, 15:01

Ahh ok, cheers. Is it worth getting something like a k&n, or just a regular old renault replacement?

if you buy a branded replacement filter for the oe airbox ie K&N then it will pretty much last forever rather than replacing a standard filter every service :)