PDA

View Full Version : R5 GTT Servicing Costs

tonesGTT
05-02-2009, 16:06
Thought one or two of you might find this interesting.

I called up my local Renault main dealer today and booked my car in for its 84,000 mile service. I was curious to see what the cost would be given it would be criminal for me not to keep the full service history going with the car. Over the years its only ever been to the supplying dealer, Radbourne Racing and R Sport Ltd so how could i not!?

So, for a full service, plugs included i have been quoted £199 inc VAT. I didnt think that was too bad tbh. The next interval is 90,000 and as the car does less than 1,000 miles a year, i happy as the 200 quid will be good for 5 years!

scratcher
05-02-2009, 16:17
That be a well good price. Ford robbed me £140 for oil and a filter and crashed the car.
And well done for keeping the service history in check :agree:

Big Steve - Raider
05-02-2009, 16:30
I doff my cap to you for keeping up the service costs but i'm starting to agree with Mart now that I don't want to let any numpty touch my car who's not got an idea!

TBH continuing the Renault service history on your car wouldnt pay you back the costs it would charge for the service itself If/When you ever sell your car??

The other worrying point is the temptation for the grease monkeys to have a sneaky test drive?! :crap:

Sparkie
05-02-2009, 16:48
time to set the revlimiter at 3k and remove wastegate linkage if possible and adjust throttle outer cable so you dont get full travel....

Brigsy
05-02-2009, 17:22
Price sounds fair for a stealer, on the downside all the parts they have fitted would have easily cost less than £50. £75 an hr labour eh? Could have got the service stamp off ebay to keep the book up to date :laugh:

phase i 16 v turbo
05-02-2009, 17:30
Willsons in Epson, put and extra 15 miles on the last car I had serviced there and the excuss they gave me was "it needed a road test to carry out a boost check!!!" I didn't pay the full bill and have never just a main dealer since!!

tonesGTT
05-02-2009, 17:45
All the above has been taken into consideration i can assure you guys but on balance, im going for it. Buy a stamp off ebay? Er, i suppose so buts thats not my style.

As for the, 'we had to test drive it', well again, they may well do but when i book it in i plan to be the most anal customer they've had in a while. Noted mileage, dont wash it etc etc.

Anyway, just thought people might like to know the cost. I appreciate some will think it a good idea and some bad . . . . . .

phase i 16 v turbo
05-02-2009, 17:50
All the above has been taken into consideration i can assure you guys but on balance, im going for it. Buy a stamp off ebay? Er, i suppose so buts thats not my style.

As for the, 'we had to test drive it', well again, they may well do but when i book it in i plan to be the most anal customer they've had in a while. Noted mileage, dont wash it etc etc.

Anyway, just thought people might like to know the cost. I appreciate some will think it a good idea and some bad . . . . . .

Nice to know what Main dealers are charging now! Good idea to note mileage! They didn't have an excuse for covering 15 miles on a test drive so the bill was greatly reduced. Hope this helps.

tonesGTT
05-02-2009, 18:01
Nice to know what Main dealers are charging now! Good idea to note mileage! They didn't have an excuse for covering 15 miles on a test drive so the bill was greatly reduced. Hope this helps.

Mike, your right, completely! Any mileage that cant be reasonably justified . . . . .

The dealer is only round the corner from where i work anyway and they know i work for a dealer myself, so it'll go one of two ways i guess. They'll stitch me up out of spite or they'll actually do a good job and look after me/the car. A report will be posted after the event. Its going in on the 21st.

dangerous dave
05-02-2009, 18:02
garage i worked at might be £130 for oil, filter, plugs, top ups with the service... valve clearences, carb clean ups and other bits would bump it to nearer the £200 mark..

Kris M
05-02-2009, 18:58
Tone. Mr Bean aka Pete works for Renault in Oxford, he could service your car properly and you`d still get your Dealer stamp ;)

Adam 005
05-02-2009, 20:49
Tone. Mr Bean aka Pete works for Renault in Oxford, he could service your car properly and you`d still get your Dealer stamp ;)

i would cost tones what he saved in fuel to get up there mate:laugh::laugh:

Kris M
05-02-2009, 21:15
Or maybe Adam could service it for you mate ???? Cheapest in the uk ? :D:D;)

mr bean aka pete
05-02-2009, 21:50
At the garage i work at a renault main dealer we are doing a major service for £189 inc vat or a basic oil and filter change for £79 inc vat so £200 is quite a fare price in todays climate :)

Matt Cole
05-02-2009, 21:54
Tone, awesome gt! Looks like new from the factory!!:agree:

Penfold aka The Dealer
05-02-2009, 22:37
My local Renault Dealership are begging me to bring my 5's in for a free service.... as long as the manager can take them out for a spin.

Top bloke to be fair, often lends me the latest "sport" renualt for me to test drive for a day or 2... :agree:

bye_all_c_ya
05-02-2009, 22:52
renault by me loves when i pull up in the 21 lol
old boy tech loves looking over it

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
05-02-2009, 23:10
My local Renault Dealership are begging me to bring my 5's in for a free service.... as long as the manager can take them out for a spin.

Top bloke to be fair, often lends me the latest "sport" renualt for me to test drive for a day or 2... :agree:

Who is that....?

Penfold aka The Dealer
06-02-2009, 07:41
Who is that....?

I get it done at Drive Line Renault in Ashford, also the part guys are really handy, always willing to look for part numbers, get the right parts etc etc.... i am lucky been going there for a few years and get good discounts on my normall Clio diesel service's, Trade + staff discount on parts & tyres etc :-)

tonesGTT
06-02-2009, 09:35
Tone, awesome gt! Looks like new from the factory!!:agree:

cheers fella. i loves it and looks after it.

jesus in the seat of a 5
06-02-2009, 09:52
cheers fella. i loves it and looks after it.

:agree:, dat e duz , dat e duz, good on ya tone, go for it my son, im sure she will be safe..:).