PDA

View Full Version : Scottish meet??

Mudslinger
04-02-2009, 13:05
Ive been trying to find out how many members we have in Scotland , and wether it would be worth while to have a small scottish get together somewhere central.

When searching members from location Scotland it only brings up 5 members ???
Im sure there is more scots here than that?? is there a easier way to filter out members from scotland.

Anyone that would be interested in a Scottish meet please post up any suggestions or locations . I have a few ideas myself but would like to here other views .

I would like to get a chance to meet all the scottish members in the club and try to get something regular happining up here , unless peeps are willing to travel south of the border theres not really alot happens up here , time for a change me thinks .

finsta
04-02-2009, 13:33
yeah im in. we only realy have knockhill and crail for track days ect.

Mudslinger
04-02-2009, 13:36
1 of the places i think would be a good meeting point for us is the

http://motor-museum.bo-ness.org.uk/visit/doubleObar.htm

i know its in my home town ,but ive heard very good reports about this place and i know its used alot by the ford guys and some other car clubs for meetings.

failing that weve got Knockhill , crail or maybe a rr day somewhere , infact ill meet up at maccy d's if it gets us lot together for a bit crack and get to know peeps .

finsta
04-02-2009, 13:41
yeah sounds good. or maby a gokart track. there is a good one in edinbugh. i could sort out some prizes and stuff?
http://www.raceland.co.uk/

Mudslinger
04-02-2009, 13:45
yeah gokarting is always a winner :)

finsta
04-02-2009, 13:49
iv been there a couple of times now. its a good day out. we could go out in edinburgh afrerwards to.:)

MikeA
04-02-2009, 14:19
Yeah Im cool to meet up but McDonalds carpark is the cheaper option! If I remember correctly that gocart place is expensive. Im (as I imagine lots are) am very broke at the moment, in fact the 5 is SORN for now.

Anyway, Id come watch but def down for meeting everyone.

finsta
04-02-2009, 14:27
Yeah Im cool to meet up but McDonalds carpark is the cheaper option! If I remember correctly that gocart place is expensive. Im (as I imagine lots are) am very broke at the moment, in fact the 5 is SORN for now.

Anyway, Id come watch but def down for meeting everyone.

aye mate its quite expensive but it was just an idea. maby knockhill would be the better option. as they have an exlnt kart track that is quite cheap and the have a pub on site.:beer:

MikeA
04-02-2009, 14:34
aye mate its quite expensive but it was just an idea. maby knockhill would be the better option. as they have an exlnt kart track that is quite cheap and the have a pub on site.:beer:

Yeah Raceland is def a good suggestion, went a couple of years ago and its great. Fast wee carts but as I said I personaly am skint but I would def come along and watch so if people wanna go Im cool with that. But even if we all just park up somewhere, chat then grab a big table at an indian restaraunt or something then that would still be coolio.

Just keen now to see how many of us there are up here.

Rusty
04-02-2009, 15:22
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I'm up for a meet. Just depends on the dates. Mud have you been to the motor museum? What about a rolling road day at ava? I need to find out if i've got enough power for the hills this year.:D

Mudslinger
04-02-2009, 16:06
Hey Rusty m8 hows you ?a RR day at ava wouldnt be a prob ,i can organise this np

whens the first hillclimb at Doon ? a meet there would be good also , is this the motor museum your on about? or are you talking about the 1 in bo'ness i posted the link to ? ive not been to any of them .

i just think its about time we got all the scottish members out there shells and try and get some regular meets on the go , cause at the moment all ive got to look forward to is nat day , and all the other meets are down south , which i dont mind doing 1 or 2 a year if i get a chance , but it would be nice to have something to do in Scotland .

at the end of the day ill happily organise a meeting and try and get something of the ground ,all we need is the support of the scottish members .

ill let this thread run for a cpl days and see what responses we get then maybe make a list of possible locations and have a vote ?

Kenobi
04-02-2009, 19:23
Im crap with Geography, could I fly to attend this meet?

Also will i get kicked in for being English?

RICHIE
04-02-2009, 19:24

your not english your northern

Kenobi
04-02-2009, 19:28
Im Not Northern you southern div.

Mudslinger
04-02-2009, 19:31

LoL :wasntme: if you suddenly wake up with wings , or drink plenty of redbull im sure getting there wouldnt be a hassle :laugh:

the thing is i doubt very much we could muster more than 10 peeps rgdls of the venue for the meet :(

i started this thread to try and find out what scottish members were active and maybe offer something for us to do :)
Id just like to add that when or if we do manage to sort something it will be open to all members to attend :agree:

RICHIE
04-02-2009, 19:31
Im Not Northern you southern div.

if your not northern how can i be southern;)

dave-sbs
04-02-2009, 19:51
i'm considerably more northern than you both :cooter:

:nohijack:

I would come and join you when the weather improves , as long as i dont get kicked in too ..

Rusty
04-02-2009, 20:21

Hey Rusty m8 hows you ?a RR day at ava wouldnt be a prob ,i can organise this np

whens the first hillclimb at Doon ? a meet there would be good also , is this the motor museum your on about? or are you talking about the 1 in bo'ness i posted the link to ? ive not been to any of them .

i just think its about time we got all the scottish members out there shells and try and get some regular meets on the go , cause at the moment all ive got to look forward to is nat day , and all the other meets are down south , which i dont mind doing 1 or 2 a year if i get a chance , but it would be nice to have something to do in Scotland .

at the end of the day ill happily organise a meeting and try and get something of the ground ,all we need is the support of the scottish members .

ill let this thread run for a cpl days and see what responses we get then maybe make a list of possible locations and have a vote ?

I'm good thanks, yourself? The first hillclimb at Doune is the 18th &19th of April here's a link http://www.dounehillclimb.co.uk/ i should be there. I can also try to arrange for us to take the cars up the hill! At a safe speed :laugh:
yeah i meant the museum in Bo'ness, the museum at Doune has closed down.
I'm gonna try and get to national day this year, cos to date i ain't been to a club event. But anyway's i agree a regular scottish meet is long overdue. You've got my support:smokin:

MikeA
04-02-2009, 20:23
i'm considerably more northern than you both :cooter:

:nohijack:

I would come and join you when the weather improves , as long as i dont get kicked in too ..

It will be like Braveheart but reinacted in 5GTTs! :laugh:

dave-sbs
04-02-2009, 23:32
that it will mike , scots with american accents :cooter:

MikeA
05-02-2009, 09:58
that it will mike , scots with american accents :cooter:

:laugh: :wasntme:

Good point Dave. Ive got a hell of a lot better Scottish accent than ol'Mel though. 15 years of research Ive got!

Rusty
07-02-2009, 13:23

bump:wasntme:

Rusty
13-02-2009, 01:54
Not much is happening on this so i'm making a suggestion. Crail Sunday 8th March, it's a normal 1/4mile and drift day so plenty of runs for your money, providing your 5 lasts the day :scared:. I reckon this would be ideal for a first meet, some fun and some chat. Let's see some interest peeps :)

http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/index.asp

Mudslinger
13-02-2009, 13:26
yeah this thread went down like a lead ballon :crap:

Crail does sound ok for the 8th of march , id be up for that .

be nice to see a few others make the effort imo

Ive been considering a rr day soon aswell and have heard alot of good reports about hypertech in bonnybridge just outside falkirk ,a guy duncan that runs it , seems a very genuien guy . rr is a dyno dynamics and is less than a year old , i could go to AVA aswell but i was trying to keep it at a neutral location . for obvious reasons but i wont rule AVA out .

theres not much point in organising a rr day for 3 - 5 cars turning up , this thread has been running over 1 week now and only 4-5 members have shown an interest :crap:

Matt Cole
13-02-2009, 14:33
Mud, if ya want you could wait a few months and join up with a north east meet/rolling road day?? We might even entice a southern softie to come along who lives oopp here now!:D Might help with the numbers etc.

MikeA
13-02-2009, 15:48
Im still interested. Just tell me the time and place. Id do Crail.

Mudslinger
13-02-2009, 16:10
Mud, if ya want you could wait a few months and join up with a north east meet/rolling road day?? We might even entice a southern softie to come along who lives oopp here now!:D Might help with the numbers etc.

If i could get enough cars to come to say AVA or maybe HyperTech i recon i could get a mag shoot done(been getting txt from the photographer about a proposed mag feature in redline,im sure a rr day would be of interest to him ) would you Northeast guys be interested in making up the numbers in scotland ???

rgdless ill be considering attending as much meets and events as i can this year the further north the better :)

Miller
13-02-2009, 18:06
What ever you arrange i will be their and possibly Emma depending on her coaching timetable.

Chris:)

Matt Cole
13-02-2009, 19:45
If i could get enough cars to come to say AVA or maybe HyperTech i recon i could get a mag shoot done(been getting txt from the photographer about a proposed mag feature in redline,im sure a rr day would be of interest to him ) would you Northeast guys be interested in making up the numbers in scotland ???

rgdless ill be considering attending as much meets and events as i can this year the further north the better :)

Im sure we would be just depends on when, as im still on finishing the 225 conversion and others have cars in bits at the moment.

Rusty
13-02-2009, 19:56
Well that's 4 possibly 5 so far, how many cars would you need to run a mag featured rr day?

Mudslinger
13-02-2009, 20:24
what about we start off with the meet at crail on the 9th March ?

in the mean time ill get on the blower and check out possible dates with relevant rr places and photographer, would you guys prefer AVA or Hypertech for a rr location ? what month April / May ? or ?

dgdogz
13-02-2009, 20:44
hello chaps

im defo up for a mag featured rr day
id prefer ava as its closer
:)

but whatevers whatever...as long as i can arrange a day off in advance no problemmmmmmm
not to keen on crail but mayb i will change my mind
hope we get somthin sorted as my cars now motd and runnin fine

Rusty
13-02-2009, 21:59
what about we start off with the meet at crail on the 9th March ?

in the mean time ill get on the blower and check out possible dates with relevant rr places and photographer, would you guys prefer AVA or Hypertech for a rr location ? what month April / May ? or ?

Mud Crail is the 8th March ;). As for the rr i prefer AVA, have read some disappointing reviews of Hypertech. Dastek at Dalgety Bay is another rr, April is good May not good at all.

http://www.trackscotland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=873

blue mackay
13-02-2009, 22:23
just thought i would say hi guys,im def up for meets up scotland and once the 5 is up on the road and im not away working off-shore,ill have a bit of the action please!!
just thought i would say as noticed hardly any peeps in this thread were replying from scotland!!!!

majority of em are southerners !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Matt Cole
13-02-2009, 23:18
Where is AVA in Scotland and roughly how far from newcastle?

Rusty
14-02-2009, 00:22
Where is AVA in Scotland and roughly how far from newcastle?

AVA is at the back of Glasgow Airport, Renfrewshire. 162 miles, 3hrs 10mins :scratch: although i'm sure you could cut that down to around 2hrs:p. Depends where in Newcastle your coming from. I've posted that link not sure if it's gonna work.

http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp

Rusty
23-02-2009, 14:32
No new interest since my last post, the Crail meet on the 8th March is just under two weeks away! I'm battling against the clock to get my car ready for the start of the racing season let alone Crail. But i'll still be there. If your up for it put your name down. :agree:

Rusty

Rusty
26-02-2009, 03:11
bump:scratch:

Mudslinger
26-02-2009, 12:09
looks like its me and you Rusty :p

give me a bell in the next week and ill make some arrangements with you , went to tax my 5 and found out the mot was out :( getting this done the morra and hopefully getting this stiffy bracket finished next sat , then its back to ava to sort the boost prob , im confident ill be able to go to crail on the 8th :)

be nice if a few more peeps could make it up to crail, i was going to add it to the events page , but due to the lack of response here its hardly worth it :crap:

Billy-G
26-02-2009, 14:12
I'd be up for it mud, but I'm outside the Uk those dates. Maybe later in the year though:agree:

finsta
26-02-2009, 14:24
Im going to order the bits i need this wknd. if all goes well im going to fire up too.:D

pocket rocket
26-02-2009, 17:32

Might take a trip over to crail on the 8th if all is well with the car be nice to see what a 5 is like going up the 1/4 mile cant say that i can ever remember seeing one at crail before.
Nice car you have there Mudslinger bet that thing is like a rocket of the line :agree:

MikeA
26-02-2009, 17:59
Daaaaaaamn I REALLY want to go but my five is SORNed at the minute and I wont be getting money in time for the 8th.

I might head up in the POS fiesta though just to meet some new faces.

Mudslinger
26-02-2009, 18:50

Might take a trip over to crail on the 8th if all is well with the car be nice to see what a 5 is like going up the 1/4 mile cant say that i can ever remember seeing one at crail before.
Nice car you have there Mudslinger bet that thing is like a rocket of the line :agree:

not sure about off the line , but it will certainly shift once i get some traction , im still using the yoko tyres i bought over 7 years ago :wasntme: just dont have the cash the now to get new tyres or anything else for that matter :crap:

Be nice just to get a few timed practice runs to give me an idea what its going to be like , not sure how the gearbox/diff /driveshafts will handle it :scared:

Be nice to meet up again billy , im sure we if we all pulled together we could atleast have 1 decent meet a year in scotland :)

Billy-G
27-02-2009, 10:01
not sure about off the line , but it will certainly shift once i get some traction , im still using the yoko tyres i bought over 7 years ago :wasntme: just dont have the cash the now to get new tyres or anything else for that matter :crap:

Be nice just to get a few timed practice runs to give me an idea what its going to be like , not sure how the gearbox/diff /driveshafts will handle it :scared:

Be nice to meet up again billy , im sure we if we all pulled together we could atleast have 1 decent meet a year in scotland :)

Definately mate. I'm back flying for a living again, and the company I'm with is bringing new types on line, so I'm out the country a lot overseeing/getting type rated on all that kit.

Give me a few months though untill it dies down, and we'll get a Scottish meet sorted.

It'd be awesome to see all the cars together and then have a beer at night :agree:

S34N
27-02-2009, 13:31
i would like to meet up but i have the same prob as mike , the 5 is sorn at the moment (credit crunch ) lol ,i can still head up tae see some faces and ad also like tae see your 5 on the 1/4 mud ,i was impreast at the rr day lol :eek:

Barr's Irn-Bru
27-02-2009, 23:30
If a Rolling Road day is organized , I'll definitely be there in the 5 .Crail is a winner as well just not on the 8th i have other commitments :coffee: Billy G have you got that 5 of yours sorted yet :innocent: yrrab nostaw you owe me a rematch on the strip, biatchhhhhhhhh :laugh:

Billy-G
01-03-2009, 19:02
Sitting in a warm garage mate, aint had time to play with it for weeks. Been abroad playing with some bigger kit!

Cant wait to get some proper time at home to get in around her again :agree:

yrrab nostaw
01-03-2009, 23:41

If a Rolling Road day is organized , I'll definitely be there in the 5 .Crail is a winner as well just not on the 8th i have other commitments :coffee: Billy G have you got that 5 of yours sorted yet :innocent: yrrab nostaw you owe me a rematch on the strip, biatchhhhhhhhh :laugh:

brring it on gimp:cooter:

Rusty
02-03-2009, 13:04
Look what i missed having not been on for a few days! Mud i will give you buzz tonight, have been battling in to get the car ready and have the suspension off to fit the poly bushes, also got a cage off ebay for a £120 what a bargain :) just hope it fits ok. Need to call ava and see if i can get her in this week to get the fuelling sorted as its all over the place at the moment. Hopefully this Sunday is dry as last July when i was up there it was second gear launch in the pissing rain.:disagree:

Barr's Irn-Bru
02-03-2009, 23:44

brring it on gimp:cooter:

:laugh: see how fast you go racing a tvr lol :sos:

;)

Bass J
03-03-2009, 01:26

Id be up for a RR day at ava when i get my clio gtt finished.

Would be good to see what power you all run :)

Billy-G
04-03-2009, 19:41
:laugh: see how fast you go racing a tvr lol :sos:

;)

You buying a Tiv?

Great minds and all that;):agree:

S34N
07-03-2009, 20:09
is crail still a go tomorrow,av managed tae get the day off , 5,s still sorn but not been tae crail in a couple ae years so was lookn forward tae it :D

Rusty
07-03-2009, 21:26
is crail still a go tomorrow,av managed tae get the day off , 5,s still sorn but not been tae crail in a couple ae years so was lookn forward tae it :D

Crail will still be on, but whether any 5's turn up is another question:sad2:. I know i won't be there in my 5. And i've got the cold just now :( but if i do make it up i will be in a black vw bora.:scratch:

S34N
08-03-2009, 07:16
:cool:
Crail will still be on, but whether any 5's turn up is another question:sad2:. I know i won't be there in my 5. And i've got the cold just now :( but if i do make it up i will be in a black vw bora.:scratch:

ano , a wis wanting tae take the five but been tryn tae save for a holiday so its not taxt or insured :cry:,gutted, hopfully al see ye there ,al be in a silver audi tity, it does sound like a 5 meet but without any 5,s lol and the weather looks good tae lol :cool:

Mudslinger
08-03-2009, 11:35
sorry i never posted here earlier ,no way i was going to crail the day , the weather is terrible , its snowing where i am ,and will only be worse at crail :crap:

finsta
08-03-2009, 11:58
aye my car is still in bits so i didnt go.:cry:

Bass J
08-03-2009, 13:47
i didnt go either ...my cars not running and i was supposed to have a job interview ... weathers terrible here aswell :crap:

MikeA
08-03-2009, 14:56
Yeah woke up and there was a snowstorm outside, no way I was leaving the house!

dgdogz
08-03-2009, 19:08
i ws working but was looking forward to pics

shame about the weather it was well horrendous this morning
:(

S34N
08-03-2009, 20:09
a went lol , there was know snow at crail but the way there was pretty bad and was realy cold standing at the strip with some sleet,wee parked the car so wee got a good view lol there was actully a good show off cars but it was alot ov civics and starlits, the only french car that was puting up a good fight was a little white 106 rally car and after a good few runs it had tae bee picked up at the end ov the 1/4 but dont know what went wrong:scratch:. as always the bikes were there with nos but a thought it wis a bit too windy for them tae go on the strip but they went for it lol:eek: , well hopfully wee have a bit beter weather when the rr day is a go and al try tae get some money put away for insurence lol

MikeA
08-03-2009, 21:51
a went lol , there was know snow at crail but the way there was pretty bad and was realy cold standing at the strip with some sleet,wee parked the car so wee got a good view lol there was actully a good show off cars but it was alot ov civics and starlits, the only french car that was puting up a good fight was a little white 106 rally car and after a good few runs it had tae bee picked up at the end ov the 1/4 but dont know what went wrong:scratch:. as always the bikes were there with nos but a thought it wis a bit too windy for them tae go on the strip but they went for it lol:eek: , well hopfully wee have a bit beter weather when the rr day is a go and al try tae get some money put away for insurence lol

Man, I really did wanna go but it was just sooo ****e out this morning I couldnt face it

I bet the 5 in the icey snow roads was fun :laugh:!!

Rusty
09-03-2009, 00:51
Man, I really did wanna go but it was just sooo ****e out this morning I couldnt face it

Mike i don't think any 5's went up by the sounds of it.

I like Crail when the weather is good, but as the weather was :crap: today it's not much fun. An RR day should be ok cos we'll be indoors.

S34N
09-03-2009, 14:25

i didnt take the 5 mikea ,av got the same prob as you ,mine is sorn lol , a went up in the audi, if the 5 was taxed a dont think a would have took it :dearme:, the roads on the way there was terible ,infact this smilie is what a prob looked like and a had 4 wheel drive lol(:scared:)

Mudslinger
09-03-2009, 20:26
would this event be of interest to any of you guys ?

http://www.northeastmotorshow.com/homepage.html

maybe we could get a club stand if there was enough interest ?

im on the case for a rr day , ive been thinking about hypertech in falkirk maybe end of april / may , would need a min of 10 cars though .

Rusty
09-03-2009, 23:28
At the moment i'm working on that date :rolleyes:, but was thinking about going to the pod on the 29th May, so i might tie them in together. I've not been to the pod before nor have i been to a rtoc meet south of the border. Unlimited blasts up the strip for 50 notes is good value for money aswell :D, so long as the old warhorse can take it.:eek:

youngscottie
10-03-2009, 00:21
just noticed this thread and think its a great idea:)
i work most weekends but would try my best to attend any events
theres nowhere near enough meets up north :cry:
its about time we sorted that out
1st thursday of the month central location meet up cruise how about that:agree:

S34N
10-03-2009, 14:40

im on the case for a rr day , ive been thinking about hypertech in falkirk maybe end of april / may , would need a min of 10 cars though .

a think this would be a good meet and it goes to a good cause

Barr's Irn-Bru
11-03-2009, 10:27

nice one !

For the RR day

Why don't you put two dates up and people can put there names down for the date they can attend .

Can't wait to see what the old girls power figure is although I've got a rough idea going by my terminals last time i was at Crail ......

What,s every ones quarter mile times & terminals been for the Scottish lads ?

:coffee:

S34N
11-03-2009, 13:49
some dates posted would be good cause i do shift work and its somtimes hard tae get yer shift swapt nearer the time ,as for 1/4 times ,my best so far has been 14.9 but i found out my carb is runnin lean:dearme: so nead tae get tha fixt before making another atempt

Rusty
11-03-2009, 15:41
800 BHP at the wheels and 10sec 1/4 mile :laugh:

Barr's Irn-Bru
12-03-2009, 22:59
some dates posted would be good cause i do shift work and its somtimes hard tae get yer shift swapt nearer the time ,as for 1/4 times ,my best so far has been 14.9 but i found out my carb is runnin lean:dearme: so nead tae get tha fixt before making another atempt

Good time :agree:

14.4 sec was my best with a fubard turbo

My best terminal was 101mph

all done at crail :francais:

Should do a lot better next chance i get . Hopefully 13's next time.:burnrubber:

yrrab nostaw
14-03-2009, 02:24

Good time :agree:

14.4 sec was my best with a fubard turbo

My best terminal was 101mph

all done at crail :francais:

Should do a lot better next chance i get . Hopefully 13's next time.:burnrubber:
haha not a chance me old china.:wasntme: youll do your usuall two runs and the boost hoses will come off or your exhaust will come apart or your head gasket will blow etc etc:bothered:

excuses:cooter::devil:

get your ass in gear and fix it properly.:dearme::scratch::rob:

yrrab nostaw
14-03-2009, 02:26

10th post woohoo:yeah::cool2::niceone:

Rusty
20-03-2009, 21:31
Have an idea for a meet. I will be competing in the opening round of the Guyson Scottish Sprint Championship which takes place at Kames motrosport complex on the 12th of April. Should be a good display of race cars on show with it being the first event on the calender. Here is a link below for all that are interested.
:burnrubber: http://eastayrshirecc.co.uk/

MikeA
20-03-2009, 21:47
I def come watch that. It should be near me, Im in North Ayrshire.

Doubt my 5 will be on the road by then but Ill come for a day out.

Should be good.

youngscottie
23-03-2009, 22:57
just noticed this thread and think its a great idea:)
i work most weekends but would try my best to attend any events
theres nowhere near enough meets up north :cry:
its about time we sorted that out
1st thursday of the month central location meet up cruise how about that:agree:

bump:confused:

Rusty
24-03-2009, 20:54
bump:wasntme:

Mudslinger
25-03-2009, 18:49
Have an idea for a meet. I will be competing in the opening round of the Guyson Scottish Sprint Championship which takes place at Kames motrosport complex on the 12th of April. Should be a good display of race cars on show with it being the first event on the calender. Here is a link below for all that are interested.
:burnrubber: http://eastayrshirecc.co.uk/
Dont think ill be able to make this Rus Soz m8 :crap:
ive been moved onto the shutdown at work ,it starts on Monday means im working 6 x12hr shifts pw untill the end of may , not ideal for me i hate working overtime but im really needing the extra cash at moment not had overtime since last november .
Car still has alot of jobs needing done before i attempt a track/drag day but nothing that stops me taking it out for a few hours play time, im just falling out of love with it at the moment,it just wants to sook cash that i aint got , and i know if i keep taking it out im going lose my license or break it :devil: been thinking of selling up alot , i just dont know how you put a price on it :confused:

Rusty
10-04-2009, 10:41
http://eastayrshirecc.co.uk/

For those interested here is the entry list of competitors for Sunday.

Mudslinger
10-04-2009, 18:42
good luck for sunday Rusty :agree:

Rusty
10-04-2009, 21:30
Cheers Mud, i was searching through my Renault parts bin today and found a bleed valve! it's adjustable but not lockable, yours if you want it.

yrrab nostaw
24-05-2009, 00:50
bump:smokin:

Barr's Irn-Bru
24-05-2009, 22:50
Rolling Road Day ?

Dates ?

Anybody :)

G

:coffee:

Bass J
24-05-2009, 23:51
Id be up for a RR day when i get the car on the road ...would be good to see what its kicking :cool:

Rusty
16-06-2009, 22:58
Crail Meet Sunday 26th July. It's a non mag day etc, so plenty 1/4 dash's. Hopefully i will have more power by then so i can give mud a run for his money! :sos:

Rusty
06-07-2009, 02:34
bump

Rusty
17-07-2009, 12:45
another shameless bump:(

Bass J
17-07-2009, 13:07
I work weekends now :( but have got my clio gtt mot'd and taxed now :D

I own a clio site and some of you are welcome to come to one of my meets :)

Details are -

Sunday the 26th Of July at 7pm

Meet is at usual place which is -

Odeon Springfield Quay,
Springfield Quay,
Paisley Road,
Glasgow.
G5 8NP

My clio is a silver/grey mk1 with a black bonnet...come over and say hi :cool:

Bass J
25-07-2009, 13:34
A bump for this ...the meet i have for my clio club is 2mora nite if any of you local 5gtt owners want to pop along :) would be good to see some 5gtt's ...as i hardly see many up here :laugh:

yrrab nostaw
26-07-2009, 01:13
il try and make this if i finnish zee cars suspension tomorrow. is it the back car park at the bingo?

anyone fancy the total vauxhall crail on the 9th off august before the national? i know its a griffin day but dont suppose it would matter much. also more likely to be pole dancers.:pimp:

also anybody goin from ecosse? usually a convoy thread started by now.:scratch:

Bass J
26-07-2009, 01:20
Its at the bingo aye :) ..just look out for a mk1 clio in silver with a black bonnet and come over and say hi ..no doubt if your in a 5gtt ill come over and say hi :laugh:

Barr's Irn-Bru
27-07-2009, 23:24
I'm up for whipping a few vxr's need to get my wheel bearings done this week first & fettle the fueling .........:wasntme:

Would be good to see a few 5's if they can make it :smokin:

G

Mudslinger
29-08-2009, 12:20
Got my weekends back now , gutted i missed Nat day :crap:

whats happening on the scottish front ?

im thinking about attending Crail on the 6th ( normal thrash day)

Bo'ness Hill climb on the 12th and 13th http://www.bonesshillclimb.org.uk/

great weekend in my home town unfortunatly its pre 70's cars but still a good watch if any of you guys fancy meeting up :)

and Poss the Tarmag scottish street car event at crail on the 20th

I know ive been saying about a rr event in scotland for some time now but if you were genuienly interested in this please post and if i can get 10 peeps i will defo sort it out ,at either Hypertech or AVA whatever would be cheapest ;)

be nice to get a scottish meet , weve not had 1 all year :crap:

Bass J
29-08-2009, 13:17
as said before id be more up for ava tunning rr day ...as my car aint exactly reliable to get it to crail :laugh::laugh:

yrrab nostaw
30-08-2009, 00:55
me and the mighty barrs irn bru are up for a r/r day. just name the time and place and we shall attend. although his engine died at motherwell on the way home from nat day. managed the whole trip including track but the feckin throttle return spring snapped on track and the high revvin buggered somthing:mad:.( thought he was drivin a type r:devil:) got a spare engine though. as you do:smokin: so should MAKE IT whenever its arranged. :agree:
crail on the 6th may be a possibility aswell.

Mudslinger
01-09-2009, 18:20
My cars done to many miles on the rollers at ava id really like to try Duncan @ Hypertech in BonnyBridge , i have a few m8s that know Duncan pretty well so it wont be a problem getting this sorted ill find out some provisional dates then post back up here :)

ill be looking to do try to get it sorted this month sometime be nice to get some more feedback from others , would any of the north england guys attend ? what about you south west scotland guys always the same peeps posting here wheres all the other scottish members ???

Be nice to see some Official support for a scottish meet ;) just showing an interest would be nice

youngscottie
14-09-2009, 22:25
My cars done to many miles on the rollers at ava id really like to try Duncan @ Hypertech in BonnyBridge , i have a few m8s that know Duncan pretty well so it wont be a problem getting this sorted ill find out some provisional dates then post back up here :)

ill be looking to do try to get it sorted this month sometime be nice to get some more feedback from others , would any of the north england guys attend ? what about you south west scotland guys always the same peeps posting here wheres all the other scottish members ???

Be nice to see some Official support for a scottish meet ;) just showing an interest would be nice

when yous get somthing sorted if its not my weekend on i will be there:agree:

Rusty
15-09-2009, 01:07
Ultimate Scottish Street Car is on at Crail this coming Sunday :), weather forecast is good although it is a long way until the weekend. My gearbox and driveshafts are on their way out, but should last the day :scared:
http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/News/156
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=Crail&day=5

Mudslinger
15-09-2009, 21:09
im planning to be at crail on sunday :agree:
ive been using the 5 for work the last cpl of days seeing the weathers been nice :cool:
awesome drives home with 10 mile detours :burnrubber:

we could meet at the McDonalds before the forth bridge maybe 9.30/10 ?

Miller
16-09-2009, 01:13
Sorry mate, i cannot make this weekend as i am at the ring:D:D:D:D:D

Me and emma would be up for a rr day:)

Mudslinger
21-09-2009, 17:45
Crail was not to bad yesterday , i ended up coming 3rd in my class got knocked out by a VXR after i made a mess of the start , times were nothing to write home about , i only managed 1, 13s pass :crap: i was gutted not investing in a new set of tyres ,way to much wheel spin which i did expect but just not as bad , not helped by the surface at crail which is utter bollox :crap: , at pod i got traction in 3rd at crail i was still smoking the tyres ...

Still it was a good laugh , Cheers to rusty for his help through out the day next time ill defo have decent tyres :smokin:

cant wait to get a laugh at the incar footage !!

I thought more peeps might have made this event , that was the first event at crail this year its not been pissin down.

Rusty
23-09-2009, 18:58
It was a good day Mud, i think two renault 5 gtt's was enough for crail, we don't want to spoil them. Funny of the day, was the evo 5 driver who thought you were going to embarass him, and almost did :D. Here's a link to the vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wMPfgD-Qq8 :burnrubber:

Mudslinger
23-09-2009, 21:06
It was a good day Mud, i think two renault 5 gtt's was enough for crail, we don't want to spoil them. Funny of the day, was the evo 5 driver who thought you were going to embarass him, and almost did :D. Here's a link to the vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wMPfgD-Qq8 :burnrubber:
been on the search for some tyres , get paid this week :) been looking at the bf goodridge g-force drag radials (just trying to find some place to order them through ), then hopefully ill get back up to crail and see if i can get a better time. After watching that video i got a bit of work to do on technique :ashamed: although with a bit practice and better rubber i should get a 12 easy , either that or ill destroy the gearbox :)

stevo clio
30-09-2009, 21:48
was good to meet you at the end of the day mudslinger. some nive vids going down the 1/4

Scottish9Turbo
11-10-2009, 19:00
would coem up to crail more than likely in my van as my 9's nowhere near ready if theres another meet anytime soon.

Rusty
17-10-2009, 00:42
I'll be at Knockhill on Sunday with the 5, if it's dry that is. It's the last round of the SMRC so should be eventful. Hope to see some of you there.