PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust restrictor..? (magnex)

raj
03-02-2009, 12:47
i recall it being mentioned that the magnex exhaust system has a restrictor fitted in it..?? id like to find it and chop it out.

can somebody tell me Exactly where this is located.? and im assuming its welded in place? could i possibly see this from looking at the outside of the exhaust.?

ive not got the room to remove the exhaust system at the moment so would just like to know for the time being.

Sparkie
03-02-2009, 13:10
i thought it was in the front pipe area where it joins the middle section? its been nearly 10years...:laugh:

raj
03-02-2009, 13:28
i thought it was in the front pipe area where it joins the middle section? its been nearly 10years...:laugh:

ive removed the short pipe bend that fixes up to the turbo downpipe and theres no restrictor in that.!

rs250nut
03-02-2009, 16:19
Is it not like the scorpion system where its not actually restrictor but a restriction within the back box, has a one and three quarter inch baffle tube?

Trevhib
03-02-2009, 17:11
Is it not like the scorpion system where its not actually restrictor but a restriction within the back box, has a one and three quarter inch baffle tube?

Nope. Not unless it's restricted in the baffle as well as the pipe.

I believe Ian is right Raj. It's at the back of the middle section just before it meets the back box. Looks like an interference fit.

Hold on, we've been through this twice before you numpty! :cooter:

raj
03-02-2009, 19:10
Nope. Not unless it's restricted in the baffle as well as the pipe.

I believe Ian is right Raj. It's at the back of the middle section just before it meets the back box. Looks like an interference fit.

Hold on, we've been through this twice before you numpty! :cooter:

have we? seriously my memory is starting to worry me:sad2: