PDA

View Full Version : Raider - Sprayer Help

FORBES
03-02-2009, 09:55
Guys,

I need to get my Raider sprayed to be finished. I will need preparing too.

I live in Crowborough (20 mins up from Brighton) and the car is stored in a garage in Bognor Regis.

Does anyone know a good company/person that will be able to complete the car without me having to sell my Granny?

Any advice/suggestions would be great, thanks. :sos:

Forbes

Adam 005
03-02-2009, 10:53
with spray work you allways get what you pay for a good job costs good money.Problems is there are many back street body shops.

FORBES
03-02-2009, 11:18
I was recently quotes 7.5k. I thought it was silly expensive. I have also had quotes of 3k...

djinuk
03-02-2009, 11:58
there are places out there which can do a good spray job for 1.5k there abouts, prepwork also comes into it though, and how much additional areas need work, rust, dents etc, for materials alone now days come to £400/500 on a base color. But saying that if you are only really after the car going a color, and will not be too worried about orange peel and defects then it may be possible to get a cheaper spray that does the job.

Penfold aka The Dealer
03-02-2009, 12:18
I paid no more than £2k on my 172 and that included the front end being fixed... jigged, bonnett, wing, head lights, etc etc... and the paint job was tip top.

But in sittingbourne... top job tho.

FORBES
03-02-2009, 15:46
Thanks for advice guys..

Leigh
03-02-2009, 16:03
But in sittingbourne... top job tho.

Where abouts was that ? I live in Sittingbourne....

I had my Reno sprayed last month by a company in Sittingbourne not the quickest took them 5 weeks and it cost me £1100. I stripped the car inc taking doors, glass, bonnet, tailgate off and had to replace, which i didnt mind for that price. And its a good job couldn't complain apart from the extra time they took :D

FORBES
03-02-2009, 16:12
Leigh, how much did they quote you if they had to do it all?

Did they prepare the body work after you stripped it or did you do it all yourself?

dangerous dave
03-02-2009, 17:18
always plan for the unexpected, peel back the carpet, skirts, arched, wings, glass etc and there are always more horrors.. you dont want them to leave these and just bodge it.. you need it sorting and it will bump the cost.. ive seen a few cars where it seems the painters just left the rotting screen, window, sills etc and done what he's been paid to do.....a cheap job:(

Leigh
03-02-2009, 18:40
Leigh, how much did they quote you if they had to do it all?

Did they prepare the body work after you stripped it or did you do it all yourself?

To do all the donkey work they wanted £2000, but it only took me a weekend to strip all the parts off, then towed it down there. They prep all the car and panels i just stripped and put the parts back on.

I got prices from £2000 upto £3800 its not always the way of you pay more and get a better job, i paid top dollar for my 206 to be sprayed and to be honest the job on my Reno is better. Best way around is ask people as word of mouth seems to go a long way these days with bodywork, ask to see there work before you commit aswell to see there other work.