PDA

View Full Version : Brake compensator

dickiegtt
02-02-2021, 22:34
I’m have difficulty bleeding the brakes on my Clio valver. Removed the rear callipers first, cleaned and greased them and then when trying to bleed them with a pressure bleeder at 15 psi and pumping the brake pedal up and down steadily with the ignition on and off, no brake fluid is coming out. I have been told my brake compensator is seized. Does this sound right and where can I get one from?

michael tierney
03-02-2021, 19:59
I’m have difficulty bleeding the brakes on my Clio valver. Removed the rear callipers first, cleaned and greased them and then when trying to bleed them with a pressure bleeder at 15 psi and pumping the brake pedal up and down steadily with the ignition on and off, no brake fluid is coming out. I have been told my brake compensator is seized. Does this sound right and where can I get one from?

Might be an issue with your master cylinder
See first if you can bleed the front calipers
If both sides have a good flow then it’s ok
Otherwise the piston is stuck in the crap at the end and won’t return!!

dickiegtt
03-02-2021, 20:05
Thanks Michael I will try the fronts but when you say the piston is stuck in the crap at the end and won’t return I assume this is in the compensator? I’m a novice doing this for the first time.

If it is the compensator that has had it and I can’t get another can you get them refurbed or is it easy enough for a novice to remove strip down and refurb etc? Or does a R5 one fit or Clio mk2?

michael tierney
04-02-2021, 18:42
Thanks Michael I will try the fronts but when you say the piston is stuck in the crap at the end and won’t return I assume this is in the compensator? I’m a novice doing this for the first time.

If it is the compensator that has had it and I can’t get another can you get them refurbed or is it easy enough for a novice to remove strip down and refurb etc? Or does a R5 one fit or Clio mk2?

I mean the piston in the master cylinder because it doesn’t usually travel down that far!

dickiegtt
04-02-2021, 20:09
Thanks.:agree: