PDA

View Full Version : running temp

rennie5gtt
01-02-2009, 23:41
Hi all,
Car always seem to be a bit cold when driving, warms up in traffic just not when driven,
So I got a baileys water bottle the other day, and when fitting this yesterday, I got a new therom stat, as I was thinking it may have been stuck open, So when fitting this water started come out of the bleed vavle at the right temp, think it was 82, but when im driven the car it never at 82, an less it sitting in traffic, as soon as im moving it starts dropping, it has got a mocal oil cooler, and alloy rad, but am i right in thinking it should always be at 82 ish,when driven down motor wy it about 70ish, what is wrong ???????????????????????????:confused::confused:

Hope that make some sence:confused:

rennie5gtt
01-02-2009, 23:44
Hi all,
Car always seem to be a bit cold when driving, warms up in traffic just not when driven,
So I got a baileys water bottle the other day, and when fitting this yesterday, I got a new therom stat, as I was thinking it may have been stuck open, So when fitting this water started come out of the bleed vavle at the right temp, think it was 82, but when im driven the car it never at 82, an less it sitting in traffic, as soon as im moving it starts dropping, it has got a mocal oil cooler, and alloy rad, but am i right in thinking it should always be at 82 ish,when driven down motor wy it about 70ish, what is wrong ???????????????????????????:confused::confused:

Hope that make some sence:confused:
im sure that rad, an oil cooler, does not make alot of difference, does it, or is it just because its so cold ????

Nick k
01-02-2009, 23:51
Your stat should hold the temperature at 82c but if your cooling system is good then it can run cooler. Its been very cold yesterday and today so will run cooler anyways. Im running a 89c stat in mine to give the heater abit more nuts in this cold weather :)

Nick k
01-02-2009, 23:53
Your stat should hold the temperature at 82c but if your cooling system is good then it can run cooler. Its been very cold yesterday and today so will run cooler anyways. Im running a 89c stat in mine to give the heater abit more nuts in this cold weather :)

Replace the o ring on the bleed nipple also. Get a kelloggs box over the radiator :D

rennie5gtt
02-02-2009, 00:00
Hi,
I have got samco hoses, so all o ring are ok,
maybe ill get an 89 stat, I was just thinking something is wrond, as like you said stat should keep car at 82, that was what I was thinking anyway,:confused:

rennie5gtt
02-02-2009, 00:03
What is a safe temp to run at then, say if im going down a motorway no traffic its something like 70ish, is this ok :confused: