PDA

View Full Version : Cut out no power

B4NK51E
01-02-2009, 14:52
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hello while driving along ealier car cut out at about 30mph rev counter speedo all dropped to nothing, just as I was about to pull up it kicked back in and hey presto off I went again! Then a bit later on sat at a set of traffic lights it cut out no dash warning lights nothing turned the key to restart absolutly nothing put hazzards on they worked after a few attempts frantically trying to get it stared it cranked over fired up and off I went!! I've checked all the battery and earth connections and all is fine. What else should I be looking for? Cheers

jesus in the seat of a 5
01-02-2009, 14:58

Hello while driving along ealier car cut out at about 30mph rev counter speedo all dropped to nothing, just as I was about to pull up it kicked back in and hey presto off I went again! Then a bit later on sat at a set of traffic lights it cut out no dash warning lights nothing turned the key to restart absolutly nothing put hazzards on they worked after a few attempts frantically trying to get it stared it cranked over fired up and off I went!! I've checked all the battery and earth connections and all is fine. What else should I be looking for? Cheers

Sounds like you may have an earth problem buddy , check them all, if fine maybe its not , you could run another from the gearbox to bulkhead if needed, may not be the case , but its helped me in the past.

Sparkie
01-02-2009, 23:15
look at the positive connections at the back of the starter motor. or the large postive that 'should ' be held against the bulkhead - likes to come loose and fry on the manifold/block are.

bye_all_c_ya
01-02-2009, 23:17
chech the brown connector block behind ashtray and heater area
i had same problems before

dave j gtt
01-02-2009, 23:37
look at the positive connections at the back of the starter motor. or the large postive that 'should ' be held against the bulkhead - likes to come loose and fry on the manifold/block are.

had that happen to me :scared: forgot to clip back and fryed on down pipe. pulled it off
and hey presto i had power :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
02-02-2009, 05:55
had that happen to me :scared: forgot to clip back and fryed on down pipe. pulled it off
and hey presto i had power :)

Yep , agree with them both , done that too...worth checking for sure , as engine fires can occur after this if not carefull....:eek:

B4NK51E
02-02-2009, 17:13

Thank you very much will look into these areas when its not snowing so heavily

B4NK51E
06-02-2009, 20:47

It happened again today but this time couldn't get power to ignition to start it :sad2: luckily enough it was outside my mom's house, so I phoned my breakdown recovery who came out but they were pretty much useless saying they couldn't really do anything but tow me to a garage! Not prepared to start paying garage charges told them to leave it where it was & I'd have a go myself. After collecting my tools & 5mins with the car looks like I've sorted the problem, I found a loose (grey) connector with 2 yellow wires going into it by the steering column underneath the wiper switch pushed it in properly & Bob's ya uncle, lights lit up & started straight away :D jobs a good un. cheers for the advise I'm sure I'll be needing plenty more. :agree:

Sparkie
06-02-2009, 21:15
i think that connector supplies ignition positive to the whole car....