PDA

View Full Version : I am being tracked...

Penfold aka The Dealer
01-02-2009, 14:41
I have a question,

Somebody has been able to view my post's on here and other website's....

I believe he has somehow been able to do this with just the info from my email? how could they do this? Would they obtain my ip address and found out what i have been upto?

If so how can i stop this? Also the "hacker" has set up web pages on sites i dont know of and i aint happy about being on.. using false details.. is there any way i can check what my email address has been registered to?

I have already changed my passwords on pretty much everything i can think off.

Beardo
01-02-2009, 17:17
Your best bet is to contact the police because if the hacker goes onto kiddy sites with your details, you are the one thats in the poo !

Schakal
01-02-2009, 17:26
i dont understand this , did someone actually figure out your email
password and hacked it ?
what do you mean "been able to view my posts on here and other websites"
we can all see your posts mate :p

Penfold aka The Dealer
01-02-2009, 17:34
The person has used my Email to make web pages on websites that arent anything to do with me.

They made connact to a friend of mine and tried to make out that i was this & that and showed them websites that looked like it was me... nothing to major but annoying somebodys idea of a joke!

I think the person who is doing this knows me and dont like me. They showed my friend posts from here to show that the other pages were also from me??

I was just wondering if it was possible for someone to see what i was typing on here who wasnt a member of the club? IE: could they see what i am doing via wireless network, from my ip address or something like that?

bigdavec1974
01-02-2009, 17:37
Could be there is a key logger on ya pc mate , they record keystrokes etc and are able to find pass words etc, id do a full virus scan, download spybot search and destroy, and maybe even try an online scanner like micro trend house call. Also try and get hijackthis, and submitt a scan file to them for analysis.
Make sure u have a firewall, maybe even introduce a router for added safety.
Defo sounds like a trojan virus mate, a keylogger. not good but easy to find.
once u have done a full scan mate, hopefully finding the virus, if not start in safe mode(tap f5 on boot up) and do a scan while inside safe mode, this basically only boots up essentuials and sometimes makes it easier to find a virus.
after mate go into system restore and turn it off(to del virus from saved files) and then turn it back on.
Once ya pc is clean, change all ya passwords mate, maybe make a new email addy, its all hassles but worth a few hours invested imo.
As for getting into troubles the isp knows when and where posts are made, although your email is registered u could prove it wasnt u if u had to, the police can do that for u
Most of the downloads u need , u can find on www.filehippo.com
gl mate, happy hunting

DaveMayGTT
06-02-2009, 13:58
press f8 for bootup menu to include safemode