PDA

View Full Version : car re-trim price

dmiller1
24-09-2017, 20:23
Hello all, im just checking if the prices i have been quoted seem right for a full retrim on my seats. I would be providing all material and i have still been quoted between £1000 and £1500. I thought this was really steep consdidering I can get a full suite out of Dfs for less:laugh: Any help or advice would be great cheers.

Matt Cole
24-09-2017, 20:32
Yeah that's not right. :crap: I would certainly shop around and get a few quotes.

LiamR
24-09-2017, 23:57
The best price I have had is £1k. So your not a million miles away from that.

Phoenix Autosport
26-09-2017, 20:55
whoever you use, first ask to see examples of their work, i have seen some fantastic re-trims and some right bodge jobs.
1K should buy you a reasonable quality re-trim of front and rear seats if you are supplying fabric, i would say there was reason to be skeptical about quality if anyone was offering to do it much cheaper than that

dmiller1
27-09-2017, 15:04
Does anyone know where I can get the 2x 3pin and 1x 2 pin plugs for the ecu. the wiring on mine is terrible and just a soldered mess. cheers

tubbyG
27-09-2017, 15:49
Does anyone know where I can get the 2x 3pin and 1x 2 pin plugs for the ecu. the wiring on mine is terrible and just a soldered mess. cheers

You should probably start your own thread :laugh:

Is it the complete wiring to the Aei you are after or just the plugs? I have some tdc & knock sensor wiring leftover from when I converted to nodiz, I will have a rummage and see what I have and if its any use

dmiller1
27-09-2017, 20:31
You should probably start your own thread :laugh:

Is it the complete wiring to the Aei you are after or just the plugs? I have some tdc & knock sensor wiring leftover from when I converted to nodiz, I will have a rummage and see what I have and if its any use
Thanks for getting back to me. Yeh a new thread might be a good idea. I am certainly getting my 15 quids worth. :cooter:
I dont need the cables just new pins for the connectors ( if they are even available) if not,new connectors with pins so i can solder onto wiring and remake ends off. Thanks

michael tierney
27-09-2017, 21:12
https://www.simtekuk.co.uk/index.php/automotive_connectors/ecu_connectors/?k=:8:126960:
a very good supplier.....especially when i went EFI.
ignition ones are delphi .....i think!!

dmiller1
27-09-2017, 21:17
let you see what im dealing with 31671