PDA

View Full Version : Fuel problem

GTTURBO1988
12-09-2017, 19:44
Hi all I am hoping someone could help me.

I was driving to work in the morning in my renault 5 turbo chugging along nicely at about 40 mph when all of a sudden my car decided it didn't want to finish the journey (typical 5) and cut out in the middle of a busy main road. I tried to start the car but it wouldn't fire. My first thought was fuel pump. I got the car home and decided to take the pump out and hook it up to 12 volts and it fired up. So I thought fuel pump relay I checked the power to the pump with a volt meter and no power. I got a new fuel relay put it in the car and nothing. I checked the fuel lines to the motor and nothing.

Has any one any ideas what it could be ??????

Matt Cole
12-09-2017, 20:55
TDC sensor/lead
No pulse signal, No fuel!;) its located ontop of the gear box and the lead is in two bits with a connector in the middle. Follow it to the AEI module.

Trevhib
13-09-2017, 16:36
Or AEI relay.

Stylin_ju
16-09-2017, 16:16
Did you check your car grounds?

It happened to me few year ago, I stopped at a stop and engine stopped as well....:eek: I was lucky it happened behind home.
I spent 2/3 weeks, changing fuel pump, relay until changing spark plugs etc....

I cleaned and grease my grounds and it's running fine since then! :cooter:

They're located:
- one under the left headlamp when you're in the front of the car,
- one when you remove the rear light left cluster when face the back of it
- 2 under dashboard on each side
Please bear in mind that my car is a LHD, so It might be reversed (not for the dashboard though)
Then one at the battery ground to chassis and same point at the chassis to engine.

My 928 is a RHD and I had to remove the opposite panels to "seek and destroy" gremlins! :cool2:

Good luck