PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - 2.0t GT Tourer

IanM67
28-03-2017, 15:33
Hello chaps,
Just a quick intro' post...... Picked up my GT Tourer about 5 months ago and I have to say that I am loving it. Great build quality and a proper sheep in wolfs clothing, now considering a remap by Celtic Tuning but would appreciate any advice / feedback on this front.....

Matt Cole
28-03-2017, 22:06
Welcome Ian. Smashing to have you here!:D Lovely looking tourer. Are you attending cars in the park?

Lowiepete
31-03-2017, 12:10
Welcome Ian, the 205GT tends to have that effect on people.

Whenever I've had a garage, even my local stealers, connect their computer
to my car, two things have happened. First, the car reports itself as a Mégane (!)
and second both the cruise control and speed limiter get knocked out. For the
latter it's quite a process to tell the car's computer that it has these things on
board.

Regarding the remap, well, I put my car on the rolling road and it came out
with a report of 210bhp and pretty good power lines. Up until that point I was
also seeking a remap, but with so few 205GT Coupés in the country, it looked
like a pipe-dream and possibly risky.

Once I saw the RR output, I drew the happy conclusion that you can't tell Renault
engineers too much about turbos. It's not as if the car is short of power, and that
power matches the gearbox perfectly, so the only potential benefit may be better
fuel consumption figures. For the low mileage that I do, I'd probably not recoup
the remap costs in ages with a 3 or 4 mpg improvement. I've not bothered since.

http://s5.postimg.cc/qfcd7mp87/r1301coupe.jpg

Regards,
Steve

Bigfoot
31-03-2017, 17:39
Welcome, lovely car you have there, as Pete has said, Renault know what they are doing with getting the right kind of power out the cars. As a lot of cars I see people going towards better cooling and DPF deletes and decat before going for a re-map as they see bigger gains from there

Alex
03-04-2017, 07:48
Welcome to the club. I was lookig for a decent 205GT before I bought my VW - couldn't find any! Really nice looking car with good performance.

tubbyG
05-04-2017, 08:44
Welcome to the forum.

Nice looking GT :D