PDA

View Full Version : Full C1J engine - complete runner - detuned to 130BHP, Can be tested before removal

Corty
17-10-2016, 09:50
Hi all as the title suggests
im doing an engine swap
going from C1j to B18FT
I have a whole 440 Turbo so will be using all parts from that meaning my Renault engine will be surplus to requirement

The C1j in my raider is in good overall condition running 130Bhp - ive de-tuned it back to this as its my daily driver
the Engine pulls well and dosent smoke
below is a log of the engine

from a Zeitronix ZT-2 wideband - Scoff sells these and there good bits of kit.

as can be seen shes running good :)
the carb has been drilled on the second jet to 1.35 , .95ac ,1.3main ( supposidly a Grp A carb but still has the choke function)
you could go to 1.4mm on the second jet or a bit more for safety but i dont tend to give it too much stick

The engine has a paddle clutch and lightened balance fly wheel - gear box is good - dosent jump out of gear ever

The head gasket is an uprated jobbie think it may be MLS but need to check ??
and has ARP bolts throughout.

I also have a KTR (k-tec) 180 turbo coupled to the engine and a full Ram raid kit from GT tuning with a new (old stock) filter freshly fitted

it has under bonnet bleed valve and incar boost - so u can increase boost from 5-14psi but no further from inside the car

The fuel pump is uprated - possibly welbro ? and ive just fitted a new FPR (malpassi) its runnig 4psi on idle and advances +4psi for every psi of boost - also inline fuel filter before the carb.

Ignition wise
it has a full Nodiz 16x16 mappable ignition , this is for a ford wasted spark coil and toothed wheel and pick up
it also has soft cut , hard cut and a launch control function.
the ignition has been mapped conservatively and still has another +7deg ignition safely if you wish, as i said its detuned to use as a daily driver.

then engine is still in the car at present as the perspective buyer can test it before its removed - and i can also log it , plus i have fuel pressure, boost, and oil pressure gauges in car so you can check it all out
oil pressure is good and rises as it should .

has alloy lobster carb top , can supply twin dump valves too if thats your thing.

Im based in North Devon EX328PP
but i do have the number for a very good reasonably priced courier if u need the engine shipped

Im after around the £750 mark thats for engine - with paddle clutch
+
KTR 180 turbo - theres one selling on here for £220+
+
The Nodis which goes for around £200 second hand easily
and a good running engine. with carb.

any info just ask
cheers

pete.cort@btinternet.com

tubbyG
17-10-2016, 11:57
Hi mate

I would be interested in the nodiz mappable ign if you are willing to split

Corty
18-10-2016, 10:04
Hi mate

I would be interested in the nodiz mappable ign if you are willing to split

to be honest its easier if the engine goes as a whole
if it doesn't get any interest in a few months time ill split it .
depends how long you want to wait

tubbyG
18-10-2016, 10:16
Thats no worries..... keep me in mind then if you still have it in a few months time - im in no rush :agree:

francob80
18-10-2016, 11:53
May I ask your reasoning for going down the B18FT route?

Corty
18-10-2016, 12:30
May I ask your reasoning for going down the B18FT route?

Yes not a problem
I went this way as easily able to get 180bhp sensibly with out stressing anything and it's used as a daily driver so the EFI is a big help
plus I like the idea of 1800 turbo and the b18 has a forged rods
and I have 2 complete b18ft engines
and it's a direct swap too
hope this helps :)

francob80
18-10-2016, 12:54
Cool, good luck with it. :)

You do realise C1J can achieve 230+ reliably on standard internals ? (with a cam)

G21TNA
29-10-2016, 01:05
Hi, can I ask what gearbox it is and if you would be happy to sell alone?
Thanks
Matt

Corty
07-11-2016, 18:44
standard 5 speed gear box
coupled to a paddle clutch and lightened balance fly wheel
dosent jusmp out of gear
feels smooth
cant really give much more info - ill get a number off it when it comes out
its a 1990 Raider if that helps?