PDA

View Full Version : parts reproduction

Matt Cole
13-10-2016, 19:02
Does anyone have a pair of front r5 jacking points that could be borrowed for reproduction?

Stylin_ju
13-10-2016, 22:08
Hey matt,

I might have one in France in my spare cardboard box which is down my garage and have all spare bumpers and parts for my GTT.
What does it look like? I can dig it out mid november if interested.

cheers

Ian S
14-10-2016, 13:42
http://www.gt-turbo-spares.co.uk/cart/index.php?cmd=view_image&prod_id=311

Bigfoot
14-10-2016, 16:26
I am going through my shed (this weekend) to find my spare sets as well as a battery tray and clamp and hopefully get to a local company to see what they can do.

Stylin_ju
14-10-2016, 16:47
well, it is not what I thought, sorry about that.

Best of luck for the following, I assume you'll find one soon ;)

Bigfoot
14-10-2016, 17:04
Worth doing fuel tank straps whilst at it? Anything else, just trying to think what else I have in my shed

Matt Cole
14-10-2016, 17:53
Dale,

These could be excellent for the club shop. :D

Everyone needs jacking points!:D

Mr Raider
16-10-2016, 20:18
Got a N/S/F, O/S/F already welded on car. Cant believe price and availability of these now. :eek:

evogill
16-10-2016, 21:37
iv been looking at doing this, but no one iv asked seems to have any!!! don't think many want to admit stashing them away, its going to be the parts that I think will defo get reproduced somewere

Matt Cole
16-10-2016, 22:43
iv been looking at doing this, but no one iv asked seems to have any!!! don't think many want to admit stashing them away, its going to be the parts that I think will defo get reproduced somewere

Well it should be RTOC to reproduce these. I'm happy to try and help but we need to source some. If it's viable I suggest the club could purchase what's available? I think they are £139 a side from recent eBay ads.

Bigfoot
16-10-2016, 22:45
I have 3 sets of these as was purchasing them for both my cars for future and for a local member who hasn't asked for them. Local member and myself managed to get into the shed and start sorting out the parts. Didn't quite get to the brand new parts shel but it's now easy accessible so hopefully need weekend will be start of sorting out those

LiamR
19-10-2016, 18:12
I have some in the loft somewhere.

Matt Cole
19-10-2016, 23:22
Liam/Dale,

If we have a set to replicate then that's great news! :D Are we now looking for a firm that can reproduce these and get a cost for maybe 10 sets?

James5
20-10-2016, 12:56
i am in need of a set right now so will happily stump up some funds if it means I get them first :-)

Alex
21-10-2016, 08:04
Lets make this happen guys. The future of the club would really be boosted if we can souce and replicate parts like this, it keeps the cars on the road and also helps keep prices down. :agree:

Matt Cole
21-10-2016, 15:06
I need a set myself. I guess we could do a group buy and the remainder for club shop?

Matty
23-10-2016, 17:09
If you can send one to me, I can have a look into copying it. 👍 I wouldn't be able to make exactly like OE with all the pressed shapes, but it would be close.

Matt Cole
23-10-2016, 19:57
If you can send one to me, I can have a look into copying it. 👍 I wouldn't be able to make exactly like OE with all the pressed shapes, but it would be close.

Matty. Could you do this exclusively for rtoc? The reason being is we would not want to be stuck with a load of stock if available elsewhere.;)

Matty
25-10-2016, 22:09
Yeah no problem. I would rather do a batch and send them to whoever to sell/dispatch from the club shop, than be stuck with a load of them to try and shift myself. :agree: They should be relatively cheap to make if made in bulk.

Matt Cole
25-10-2016, 22:19
Matt. That's great. I guess we just need a set for you to copy...........

Matty
26-10-2016, 19:16
If they are identical to each other just mirrored then just one should be fine. :agree:

Trevhib
27-10-2016, 11:06
Pretty sure these are indeed mirrored. :agree:

LiamR
30-10-2016, 09:48
Would mine get damaged during the copying process???? I wouldn't be that keen on posting them if I am honest....

Matt Cole
30-10-2016, 10:01
Would mine get damaged during the copying process???? I wouldn't be that keen on posting them if I am honest....

Liam,

I've never touched one but I imagine posting wouldn't be an issue and they should not be damaged?

Matty
31-10-2016, 21:35

Not at all, it will only be used to measure from to get some parts water jet out, to get the holes in correct place etc... Then it will be used to check against once the bends have been put into place on the new ones. More of a comparative part than anything else. :agree:

redrocket29
01-11-2016, 04:58
It would be good to get bumper strips made . As people are trying to sell the for 350 on eBay how would we do that?

Trevhib
01-11-2016, 12:26
I reckon the Phase2 front bumper rub strips could be made on a 3D printer.

Matt Cole
01-11-2016, 13:31
Not at all, it will only be used to measure from to get some parts water jet out, to get the holes in correct place etc... Then it will be used to check against once the bends have been put into place on the new ones. More of a comparative part than anything else. :agree:

Liam/Dale,

Would you guys be willing to loan the jacking point to Matty for reproduction? If not the club may need to purchase one for the purpose.:crap:

Bigfoot
01-11-2016, 18:25
Shouldn't be a problem to post but obviously damage or loss paid for. Bumper strips are being done by somebody in France

Ian S
01-11-2016, 20:25
Shouldn't be a problem to post but obviously damage or loss paid for.:agree: Just put it in a big box with a lot of padding.
Bumper strips are being done by somebody in FranceMade for RTOC? Or do you mean we should buy a few?

Sig
01-11-2016, 21:47
i could also do with a few sets of jacking points there just crazy prices! :dearme:

Matty
01-11-2016, 21:50
I've seen the bumper strips being done in France a while ago but nothing has come of it so far?

Matt Cole
02-11-2016, 09:58
Shouldn't be a problem to post but obviously damage or loss paid for. Bumper strips are being done by somebody in France

Awesome!:agree: Matt can you send Dale your address? I guess from receipt of the part it will be down to cost and timescales?

JonnyGee
02-11-2016, 14:33
I also have a new pair if needed ?

Matty
02-11-2016, 17:27
Awesome!:agree: Matt can you send Dale your address? I guess from receipt of the part it will be down to cost and timescales?

Ok will do. :agree:

Yeah it as i have an abundance of sheet ally, I will make a template out of ally and bend it all up and see how it looks. Then I can draw it up and get a price from my laser cutter for different quantities, then it will be a case of making a few up and see how long they take to do.

redrocket29
02-11-2016, 19:48
Worth doing fuel tank straps whilst at it? Anything else, just trying to think what else I have in my shed
I will have one mines rotten

redrocket29
02-11-2016, 19:51
I need one new bumper strip any one got one for sale but not for stupid money

Ian S
02-11-2016, 21:39
sheet allyJust as the dummy build?

The jacking plates are steel. They need to be strong. I would expect aluminium won't do it.

buzza1982
03-11-2016, 11:47
Does anyone have a pair of front r5 jacking points that could be borrowed for reproduction?

I have a pair Matt, let me know if you have no luck pal 👍🏼

Matty
03-11-2016, 19:30
Just as the dummy build?

The jacking plates are steel. They need to be strong. I would expect aluminium won't do it.

haha, yes definitely will be made out of mild steel! I don't keep stock of much steel these days, so easier to make the prototypes out of ally. It would make it interesting welding Aluminium ones into the floor though! :D

Matt Cole
03-11-2016, 19:35
Great club spirit all. :agree:;)

We just need to get one to Matty so he can measure it up and give us a cost on replicating them.

Matty can you drop the guys a pm with your address?

I'm not sure about postage costs but no one should be out of pocket. Ian, anything we can do to cover costs?

Ian S
03-11-2016, 21:38
Could they be made from stainless steel and still have the strength and weldability and not be too much more expensive?

As these seem to be one of the first of the original parts to corrode away. People doing repairs now would be wanting these to last indefinitely, not just a few years as Renault likely intended.

Alex
04-11-2016, 07:43
Could they be made from stainless steel and still have the strength and weldability and not be too much more expensive?

As these seem to be one of the first of the original parts to corrode away. People doing repairs now would be wanting these to last indefinitely, not just a few years as Renault likely intended.

I suspect that'll bump the cost up quite significantly and welding SS to mild is a bit more difficult?. To be honest if new jacking points are fitted and sealed correctly they'll last for years anyway.

Matty
04-11-2016, 18:14
I can get a price for both mild steel and stainless, in all honesty it wouldn't be massively different in material cost. You can weld mild steel to stainless fine, just use different gas when using MIG.

The other option is to go for a heavier gauge material, although this will make it more difficult to weld to original gauge panels.

Matt Cole
05-11-2016, 18:30
Update on this: a bit of behind the scenes discussions and James has kindly agreed to send Matty the jacking points for assessment. Hopefully Matty can get these reproduced at a decent cost. If so, who ever wants a set should watch this space......;)

Sig
14-11-2016, 21:42
I can get a price for both mild steel and stainless, in all honesty it wouldn't be massively different in material cost. You can weld mild steel to stainless fine, just use different gas when using MIG.

The other option is to go for a heavier gauge material, although this will make it more difficult to weld to original gauge panels.

Any news on the jacking points:agree:
Was quoted £325 for a pair:dearme:
Thanks

Matt Cole
14-11-2016, 21:55
Oh my.........:sad2:

Just waiting on matty to assess them and see what he can come up with........

Ian S
15-11-2016, 08:40
Was quoted £325 for a pairWho by?

Sig
16-06-2017, 13:22
any update on the made up jacking points?:agree:

Ian S
16-06-2017, 13:35
Someone in Holland is making them.
Scroll down the page to them:
http://www.peugeot205.nl/434930587

No price listed.
Can't tell how strong they are.
They might be in stainless.

Sig
16-06-2017, 18:13
Hello,
Thanks for the link I have spoken to the seller he said it will cost for a set of front jacking points £135 with delivery. There made of 1 and 2mm steal.
He will however do a bulk buy 10 sets for £100 each and total of £18 delivery.
Would anyone like to do a bulk buy?
He also does the rear jacking points £65 a set so he says.

Thanks

Ian S
17-06-2017, 11:29
Thanks for that info :)

Sorry about the mess with the like/dislike. I wondered if the 'dislike' would cancel the 'like' as I wanted to do a 'thanks' instead. But no, and I just found we can't edit them either.

We very briefly mentioned having some for the RTOC shop but didn't discuss it.

We'd need to have a hands on feel, look, measure, before investing £1018 in what might be scrap. Or excellent, but can't discern from those photos and write up.

Anyway, we have to add the packaging and postage to the buyer, maybe £10, and the PayPal fees we pay on £101.80 + P&P, so maybe about £118 would be our cost.