PDA

View Full Version : flat spot when changing gear or cornering

Muzza
24-08-2016, 09:04
Hi folks its prob been asked before but my 5 has been gettin worse now for a wile and its just when your off the throttle then when you go to press it again when coming out of a corner theres nothing there like a big flat spot its really annoying because its as if u turn the key off and it then kick back in with a thump if you get me. Now my afrs have started creaping up its really bad when cruising alone it has started going off the scale and on boost its 10.5 ish any pointers would be great thanks in advance👍

tubbyG
24-08-2016, 10:26
Carb could probably do with a strip down and rebuild. when was it last done?

When my 5 was on the road I would do it alteast every 2 years or earlier

francob80
24-08-2016, 10:30
Hi folks its prob been asked before but my 5 has been gettin worse now for a wile and its just when your off the throttle then when you go to press it again when coming out of a corner theres nothing there like a big flat spot its really annoying because its as if u turn the key off and it then kick back in with a thump if you get me. Now my afrs have started creaping up its really bad when cruising alone it has started going off the scale and on boost its 10.5 ish any pointers would be great thanks in advance👍

I'd be checking fuel pump and filter, perhaps whip carb off and give it a good clean or even refurbish.

Trevhib
24-08-2016, 12:04
http://www.rtoc.org/shop/product_info.php?products_id=45&osCsid=611dpq3v2d7emce2663g8vp705

Mr Raider
24-08-2016, 22:41
Sounds fuel or carb related, fuel pump & filter ok? Accelerator pump on carb nice and free? :)

Muzza
25-08-2016, 16:42
Just ordered the rebuild kit so will wait on that coming. I have a run to do with a club i done last year now on the 4th of september so mite hold off until after that then get the carb striped. I done it about 4 years ago no idea what size of jets is in there so wil get a micro bit set wen im at it and take it from there cheers folks.