PDA

View Full Version : Meg 225 Take 2 (yes another LOL)

James5
17-07-2016, 14:52
Ok I sold the last Meg 225 and I have picked up another one this one with some electrical issue's but this one is to keep for myself, it has a few goodies on the car which will be nice once I get it running it's also low mileage like the last one.

Spec wise,
Full Miltek Exhaust system,
Forge D/V (Going to ditch),
Forge Blanking plate for turbo,
Forge boost pipe kit,
Forge FMIC,
Cooksport springs
Stage 1 map (will be looking for a better map once running).

The car history is good I bought the car on the under standing that the car had an electrical issue causing the fobs not to work and no electric's the guy said he drove it parked it up went to use it the next day and it's been dead since.

So I thought sounds like an easy fix, so I put on a brand new battery on the car and replaced the fob battery this all solved the fob issue and the dash electric's in the car this enabled me to try and crank the car over.
Car crank over nicely but that's all it does, the immobiliser is de-activated, I then replaced the sparkies with brand new OEM one's, I also replaced the coil packs again brand new, still the same issue, done some fault code readings which showed injector's issue, I then got 4 x brand new OEM injectors and still same issue, I then bought a brand new OEM TDC sensor and fitted and I still have the same issue.

Now my thoughts are this is an electrical issue rather than a timing issue.

James5
17-07-2016, 15:04
Few more pic's

James5
17-07-2016, 15:09
Renault Clip screen photo's, I have no real idea how to use it fully as yet

James5
17-07-2016, 15:14
last clip screen photo & video of starting

https://youtu.be/3FqtAXsML1I

Matt Cole
17-07-2016, 22:39
Looks a really clean example. I guess your going to have to work back matey. Is it sparking, got fuel pressure, can you hear the injectors click? It could have lost the pairing from the fob to immobiliser.

James5
18-07-2016, 16:33
Kinda got it running this afternoon, played with a few bit's it needed alot of pumping pedal to keep it running,

Constant pumping pedal to keep it running or it would die, the noises you can hear are the exhaust and the BOV.

1st start

https://youtu.be/RZzQeabJ4dc

2nd start and left to run (well kinda stays at temp noise)

https://youtu.be/VRbQpBAETG4

3rd start

https://youtu.be/UzpIDPyg-hA

Going to look at fuel pump next

James5
20-07-2016, 13:55
Well some how I managed to get the car working yesterday and I covered 36 miles other than the turbo being fecked the car drives fine until you come on boost.

So new turbo CHRA on order and I need to work out why it worked faultless yesterday whilst being used go back to the car over night and it won't fire up (cranks but that's it).

Couple of pic's attached (fitted Forge FMIC, Forge intercooler hardpipe kit and black silicone pipe's, Forge D/v,

Matt Cole
20-07-2016, 14:11
Glad you got it going mate!:agree:

James5
20-07-2016, 15:54
Glad you got it going mate!:agree:

Just wish it would stay running after being parked up over night

Matt Cole
20-07-2016, 21:51
Sounds either fuel or voltage related?

James5
20-07-2016, 23:18
Sounds either fuel or voltage related?

Defo got fuel as the sparkies are new and are wet with fuel. Coilpacks are new as is the TDC I am going to look at the wiring for tdc first but would have thought that would signal injectors to fire and sparkies via the ecu

James5
23-07-2016, 22:18
Turbo removed today as when the car was driving it was smoking when coming on boost and blades sounded like they were catching.

So got it off looks like either the blades had caught or something was in the rear housing.

Awaiting a new core now, have also got another ecu, UCH, UPC and dash clocks on route as running out of thing's to check on the meg now, engine loom has tested perfectly :-( really not sure what the issue is with the starting prob

James5
28-07-2016, 20:42
OK, new CHRA arrived and fitted. Replaced a few dodgey looking vac pipe's.

Still can't get the car to fecking start it's doing my head in.

Trevhib
28-07-2016, 22:10
:(

Matt Cole
29-07-2016, 15:07
Maybe the ecu is duff? Not sure if you can slap another on and get it recoded.

James5
29-07-2016, 18:15
It's a fair bit on these to swap over as everything is coded to each other, I am trying to stick with what I have as the current ecu has been mapped for good power (well when it works just shy of 300bhp on this car).

I do have a spare ecu, dash clocks, UPC, UHC, steering lock (All matched to each other).

James5
31-07-2016, 00:09
Update spent some time on the loom today, worked out that my TDC wiring from the ecu to the sensor is crap, so cut the original out and replaced from the ecu pin to the plug and I now have rpm signal back to ecu :D. Would also appear that my TB is no longer working so awaiting another to turn up , Car is now back to cranking and coughing but not starting properly have to have accelerator pedal down full and then it will struggle to do anything but as said my throttle body does not seem to be opening or closing with any touch of the pedal yet Clip shows the pedal as working fine. So it's either a wiring issue at the TB which it more than likely is or the TB itself

Matt Cole
31-07-2016, 11:00
Good progress mate. Never thought a modern loom would break up as badly as you have described!

I'm sure I have a tb somewhere. How much do they normally sell for?

James5
01-08-2016, 23:27
Ok got a few hours in this eve and the new loom turned up today so swapped it all over (bit fiddly doing the starter attachments). Anyway it's on and same as before it cranks over coughs splutters dies.

So I thought feck it lets replace the ecu, UPC, UHC, Card Reader, Dash clock's and Steering lock (all coded to each other) so swapped these all over and wait for it...........................Still the same :-(

Whats weird is the car ran almost 2 weeks ago now ok was a pain to get going but once it did I drove it for almost 8 hours without any issues (Other than turbo) so that tells me timing is fine, I done another compression test today aswell and still perfect, I wonder if the spark is actually strong enough to ignite properly? (New coil packs).

Trevhib
02-08-2016, 10:26
I'm not commenting on this thread as I know not a thing about Meganes but I'm reading in with interest. What a pain in the backside. You must be narrowing it down though now given all the things you've tried so far!

James5
03-08-2016, 23:21
Just some pic's from the other day nothing special