PDA

View Full Version : fuel dripping into venturi .

Danny
06-07-2016, 21:56
Evening all.
I've been having an issue with a miss-fire when coming on to boost , i've noticed that i-m getting fuel dripping into the venturi of the carb from the centre , i've just put a refurb kit into the carb . is there anything i can do to resolve this?
Any help would be most welcomed..

Danny
06-07-2016, 22:23
ok so after doing a little research ive seen people having issues with the 2mm needle valve and high pressure pump , i wonder if this is my issue ? are the 1.7 needle valve still available or does any one have one they want to flog?

Danny
06-07-2016, 23:07
so i'm kind of talking to myself here a little but to a point its all relevant. i've turned down the adjustable reg (sard) and the dripping has stopped , infact i turned it the wrong way initially and it flew out like a good en nearly blinding me in the process, , i will check fuel pressure tomorrow with a gauge to make sure its still within tolerance,
Although I'm still getting when coming on to boost and on boost a miss-fire/ hesitance almost like the car is holding back. plugs are good cap is good , new crank sensor (oe reault) the only thing that aren't new are the leads of which i'm waiting for them to arrive from magnecore ..
The only thing i have changed recently is the oil pump can the dizzy drive fall out of sync from dissing gauging the oil pump? I have checked it (the timing)and tbh it looks spot on but any thoughts or experiences are welcomed.
It runs sweet on idle maybe a little lumpy at times and afrs jump up to 16 from 13.9 to 14.3 but upon reving off boost it doesn't miss a trick , most confusing ,

Matt Cole
07-07-2016, 00:06
I'm having a think for you matey. Had a similar problem years ago.

Trevhib
07-07-2016, 09:16
Dizzy might be a tooth out perhaps. Worth checking :agree: