PDA

View Full Version : Turbo2 full restoration in South of France

Stylin_ju
02-05-2016, 17:45
hello everyone,

I finally create this thread and add all the pics later this week, this part is the total stripped down of the car and I'm a man of action rather than talk/write. I'll put many pics this week for showing the point I am until now.

It miss the wiring loom/engine/gearbox and the front seat of Turbo 1 (designed by Bertone) as I will find a professional handyman to recreate them as they're so rare on the market, even down in France.

First, last year I knew about my health condition when I was in holidays in France, so now I'm stuck there with treatments, because I hate doing nothing and I always wanted a Turbo2, I decided to buy one then restoring it. The one I choosed one who got all the upgrade available on the chassis ( Maxi5 drivetrains which cost 10k each, welded roll bars, TDC pedals, too many to list now) This car was seating in garage pro in France for 8 years! the client/owner never did anything on it and because it's in the Champagne area, The rust start to come back.......

Then the garage I have in my mom's place overthere is too small, A mate lend me his one which is double size, and I can store parts around during the stripping.

before this friday, all the interesting pics I have will be uploaded.

Stylin_ju
02-05-2016, 17:46
Here's when my GTT was towing it to my mate's garage
I'll add more pics on tomorrow :)

turbo ted
02-05-2016, 23:35
Here's when my GTT was towing it to my mate's garage
I'll add more pics on tomorrow :)
Awsome gt turbo towing a turbo2:smokin:

Matt Cole
03-05-2016, 08:02
Ha. Great pic that. :D

Turbo 2 looks in great condition. Keep us updated.:agree:

Stylin_ju
03-05-2016, 21:20
Thx for comments, Turbo2 looks shell is solid and upgraded in solidity, I made it sandblasted for being sure that any rust will ever come back on it.

pics when I bought it
The former owner wanted to make it a MAXI5 replica, that's why, almost everything was uprated on it. Maxi body kit is kinda too much for me. Those big lamps are not discreet (I mean more than this car itself) and hide the little typical face of the Renault 5 ( turbo or not)
I sold bonnet and front bumper for making space. will replace by almost original ones (bonnet will still have the huge intake of maxi one)
I will keep the uprated technical stuff on the chassis, but it will have a closer original look than when I bought it.

Trevhib
03-05-2016, 21:24
Sounds like a great plan, keep the pics flowing :)

Stylin_ju
03-05-2016, 21:31
The "poor thing" was seating there for 7 years, all dusty waiting for someone to bring it to his former glory.

Stylin_ju
03-05-2016, 22:26
30339 after a drive of a total of roughly 2000kms and 6 months.

I found time to remove engine and gearbox from it, my younger brother helped me out on that.
30340 30341

The thing I absolutely love about this car is that Engine gearbox are in a "tunnel". It was designed so easily to remove or put in an engine inside. unlike the GTT where we need to remove everything ( nota: pic was outside the entry door of my mum entry building in the car park. I would never do this with my GTT which need more space for this operation)
the turbo2 fit in to this very garage. And yes I had and will have to play Tetris....

Stylin_ju
03-05-2016, 22:38
30343 then I towing away to my mate's garage which is bigger for the first part of the restoration
30345well taped for not loosing anything on the road :D
30346 more pics of the strip tease ( of the turbo2, indeed) tomorrow! that's all folks!

Bigfoot
04-05-2016, 08:06
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::l ove::love::love:

So looking forward to seeing this progress, love these cars

Trevhib
04-05-2016, 10:13
You have the Lancia Delta style bonnet on your GTT. Very rare to see that!

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 11:45
You have the Lancia Delta style bonnet on your GTT. Very rare to see that!

It might be rare in uk, but they "often" come up for sale in France. I wanted one as I made the filter box/compartiment behind the left headlamp, the air intake is already in this bonnet, with phase one grill, it looks more agressive I think.

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 11:52
strip tease session
30347 Maxi5 radiator style which I'll keep
30348 minus fog lamps
30349 minus one big rear arch, the left grill is hard to removed, and we can see the air intake of Tour de Corse version
30350 the other side, yeah tyres look huge without arches (compomotive 16")
30351engine bay without seats and engine gearbox( which was removed for easing the towing)

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 12:03
That part made me sad, as I removed the filler of the extension which allows the MAXI5 rear spoiler and I found some rust as blokes who did the job, didn't cover the shell with anti rust product.... so there is rust, thanks condensation!
The only good news is that I discovered the original color of it and all the previous : It starts its life in pearl white, then maxi5 bodykit then red, then metallic silver. Sorry for the purists, I dislike white in car's color, and I fancy the Metallic Gun Grey KAD of R35 Nissan GTR, so It'll be its new color.
30353Front windscreen was very easy to remove as they were not glued back in the days :)
30354right hand side before I removed the fillered " tour de toit" as I have no idea of the word for this in english, you'll excuse my french :D
30355Exact same s**t the other roof side, I even made an hole for removing it. That's the joy of a restoration
30356 driver floor got surface rust, under petrol tanks

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 12:07
30357 engine bay
30358 which is bit dirty and rusty
30359 view from the hole behind the right rear arch
30360 same view on the left side
30361 interior stripped view

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 12:13
30362 rally pedals or "Tour de Corse" in this case, I removed the pedal clutch on the pics
finally stripped down
check out its new wheels LOL
30365 the goal there is to put the bare shell it on the truck for bringing it for making sand blasted, but my mate's garage got a slope for going back on the road, so the wheels will help to do that, with other pairs of hands
30366 on this pic, you might see better what I meant earlier.

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 12:18
30367 I took this pics on the top of the slope
Then we made it
30369 to the sand blast cabin
30370 yes, you're not having hallucinations, the bare shell sat on the floor and take a small sun bath :)
30371 yihaaa, back to garage now, it'll need an epoxy primer layer all around, for stopping the rust

Trevhib
04-05-2016, 13:10
It might be rare in uk, but they "often" come up for sale in France. I wanted one as I made the filter box/compartment behind the left headlamp, the air intake is already in this bonnet, with phase one grill, it looks more aggressive I think.

I agree, great styling choices :agree:

Fantastic pics of the Turbo 2. Full strip down and rebuild!

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 15:10
I agree, great styling choices :agree:

Fantastic pics of the Turbo 2. Full strip down and rebuild!
Thx a lot Trevhib. I will add more tonight though

tubbyG
04-05-2016, 15:44
Really fantastic to see such an iconic car being brought back to life. Thanks for sharing :agree:

Using the R5 GTT as a tow car is excellent :laugh:

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 19:17
Really fantastic to see such an iconic car being brought back to life. Thanks for sharing :agree:

Using the R5 GTT as a tow car is excellent :laugh:

Thx tubbyG, I saw that not really a lot of post were in this section, it gives a little animation :)
It was using my GTT as a tow car or my mum's car which is a 2000 skoda fabia, My GTT is more powerful than hers, so choice was quick made.
In the past I already tow my brother's cars as the clio mk1 diesel and 16V, so I know how to do it now :D

The tip here is to remove the rear bumper for not getting any scratch in slope and bends ;)

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 19:32
strip tease done, painting shell !

30373 back to the garage totally naked.
here epoxy primer applied and the good news with this painting is that we can apply the color and the shining lack between one hour and 24h after applying this primer, no wait, no sand paper, gained time!
the weather was excellent but a little windy because of the "mistral", the local wind ( which I personally hate when stronger).
30374 front view with primer applied
30375 general view
30376 inside the shell

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 19:40
resprayed in KAD metallic gun
30377 front view without under arches in kevlar

30378engine bay

30379interior ceiling
30380 interior
30381 its big ar*e painted :D
I lt the exterior in primer as when It will be running, I'll bring it to a professional painter,It won't have any external default at all.
I'm just an enthusiast and I won't undergo such a restoration any time soon after this one, it's long and full of surprises :)
As a french proverb says : " when we love, we don't count"

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 19:44
now rebuilding for towing it away
30382 carbon kevlar under front arches
as I like the air intake and the width of the front MAXI5 arches, I'll fill with some resin/glass fiber the front repeaters. I'll put a standard front bumper later on
30385 30386

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 19:50
My younger brother helped me (again) to sand and remove all dust on all drivetrains parts, I'll respray them with a special tarmac anti rust spray matt black
30389 put things together
30390 front bay as well
30391 rear drive trains

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 19:55
30392 I removed the surface rust manually as those bars where bolt during the sandblasting and the respray.
now the first kool part
30394 front drivetrain almost complete and looks new, thx respray!
30396 calipers are wildwood 4 pistons, resprayed in red, at each corners, I rebuilt them with new seals and bleed with Motul RBF 660, which can take more degrees on racetrack while braking oftenly.

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 20:01
still on its 4 jack lifts, but not for long
As this time I needed to rebuild the front, and light is shit inside, we only can count on daylight, really, I decided to make it a U turn and putting the front at the front of the garage
30399 we took it for a sunbath, we can hardly see the mediterranean sea under the hill in the right top corner of the pic
30400 this pic made me think that I always wanting to build my own car when I was a kid ( with pallet of wood or so..). As a kid this result would be already nice LOL
30401 radiator back, not for long as I needed the space for bolting an under front bar...

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 20:06
I put the right front wing back with an adjustment with the door, as the previous mechanic guy who install the bodykit did not well
30403 same thing with left side
30404 engine bay
30405 with master cylinder in place
30406 starter wires/water pipes/brake, clutch lines organized

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 20:10
30407 underneath organisation
30408 fuel tank unblocked and cleaned with my Karcher
30410 interior partially rebuilt
30411 new thermic layer applied on the engine bay

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 20:20
30412 here's the future bonnet, it's not finished at the mo. I kept the big intake of the MAXI5. View with gel coat applied.
30413 It will need some work. I bought it cheap as big lamps were cut for french rally specs, then no one want those cut.
I was highly interested in the big air intake.
30414 engine bay fresher
30415 Fuel tanks fitted on

Stylin_ju
04-05-2016, 20:25
30417 front bumper preview
haha, My GTT strike again and towed it
30418 and it looks better suddenly
as it reached home

Now It need a new wiring loom, new engine and sequential gearbox ( or a cheap one for low revs session)
I will sell the former engine which is a 1550 cc and the gearbox Tour de corse which has 0 miles for helping me to finance what will be next on it.

Thanks a lot to each of you who watch my first part of restoration. Now I need to get back to work on it in the next 2 weeks. that's all folks!

francob80
05-05-2016, 09:49
This is awesome, looking forward to seeing the finished article. You are a lucky man, I am very envious. :D

Trevhib
05-05-2016, 10:11
I can hardly keep up with how quick this is moving. Those front wings will look much better without those repeaters :agree:

Loving the colour chosen.

I didn't realise the standard design is for the fuel tanks right behind the seats! :eek:

Stylin_ju
05-05-2016, 19:47
This is awesome, looking forward to seeing the finished article. You are a lucky man, I am very envious. :D

Thx francob80! but as Louis Pasteur said : Luck smile only to prepared minds.
I wanted one, but didn't know when I might do this.
Unfortunately It's cheaper nowadays to refurbish one than buy one ready to enjoy...

If it's one your dream, and you're a true believer, it will happen to you as well
As Ali G said "Keep it Real" ;)

Stylin_ju
05-05-2016, 19:53
I can hardly keep up with how quick this is moving. Those front wings will look much better without those repeaters :agree:

Loving the colour chosen.

I didn't realise the standard design is for the fuel tanks right behind the seats! :eek:

Actually it happened in around 2/3 last months with some full weeks of inactivity on it.
Yes front wings will look smooth!
Thx for loving the chosen color, one friend of mine told me it HAS TO BE an the first original color, but it's my car, So I chose what I wanted.

Yes, tanks are nicely under your a*se, the bad point is that it could blow your a*se off, but the good point is that it's well balanced in the shell. :)

Matt Cole
05-05-2016, 20:06
This is awesome.:D

Would love a turbo 2.

Definitely out of the price range now

Stylin_ju
02-10-2016, 20:12
Hello everyone,

Long time no see!
I had my surgery mid june, and with the rehabilitation ( I'm still into it btw) and sh*t, I started again the T2 mid July, little by little.
Next week I will update pics of the new wheels, as I sold replicas Maxi5 ones, pics of the engine and machining of top head... ( I hope closing the top head this week, when I'll receive my bespoke head gasket, before I flight to London), scheme of wiring loom ( the hardy part...) anyway, all pics for the following restoration.

Also I will put for sale in the "advertised" section, my former engine of 280bhp, whole pulley system TDC, ignition TDC, brand silicon new water hoses, Ap racing clutch and lightened flywheel.... all the bits that I won't need for finish it

Here's a pic for keeping you waiting

See you soon fellas & thx for looking ;)

Matt Cole
04-10-2016, 13:12
Loving this matey and glad your on the mend!:)

Keep the updates coming.:agree:

Stylin_ju
12-10-2016, 12:00
Hello everyone,

As I promised Here's pics of the restoration of my T2.
We'll talk about the electric today and maybe my new wheels ( Gotti 75BA in 15")

As I will put an electronic injection (E-Race), so I decided to put a wiring loom of a normal renault 5 Ts with signs of function on it.
30776 then do update functions as radiator fans, fog lamps, intercooler fan, injection alimentation and so on, on a board on the dashboard
here's schema of relatives relays that I had from the 250cv (bhp in French) manual of the T2 tour de corse
30779 Haha, this where it got messy, mixed with the wiring loom of the normal R5
30780 Normally, I dislike a lot car's electricity, but as Winston Churchill once said "If you're going through hell, keep going", And I better be otherwise I won't drive it one day!

Stylin_ju
12-10-2016, 12:44
After I sold the compomotive replica of MAXI5 Turbo wheels, I had to buy originals for keeping rolling my car out of the garage ( it's a box size, not very convenient but still handy)
I wanted to get those Gotti 75BA which give the real "back in the days" look to the R5 turbo2.
I couldn't find second hand ones, so I decided to buy one second hand pair then buying from the factory in France ( which still running) and buy the rear ones, in order to get the whole set to fit on mine.

30781 I bought them with centre wheel in white and decided to refurbish them in black with shiny crown inside.
30782 they got primer on it, was done on my mum's balcony :D. They'll be black thereafter.
30783, well the black ones are not completely shiny yet, the red are from the factory as I decided to have one side red and the other black, instead of having 2 different colors from front and rear.
30784 after tyres fitted and balanced
30785 then I mounted front ones, I'll do the rear when I will put the gearbox in it.

Stylin_ju
12-10-2016, 13:12
Also since my car was a former MAXI5 replica, I had to adapt corners for fitting front original grill then hinges for fitting bonnet.
I did a model in cardboard for having some ideas about where it will be getting the best position for the job.

Here's front hinges I got from forum member Ashy in a swap including his genuine turbo2 parts with some of my MAXI5 ones.
30786 also those parts were rusted, but after having an acid bath, they are fully functional and ready to be painted and fitted.
30787 Front edge ready to be welded
30788 well ,I'm not a professional, but it's solid and will be painted
30789 Both corners in place with hinges just sit and not fitted yet
30790 Yes, that's me trying to se how front grill will be fitting on those corners.

I am thanking a lot Ashy (who is an awesome chap) as the front grill was his, and THANKS TO RTOC for this!

Even in France which is the cradle of R5 turbo, it is very hard to find front grill and some original genuine parts.
Ashy was a real help in the restoration as I can keep going it with parts I didn't have from the start.

Tomorrow or Friday, I will show you engine bloc pics and the fitting into the car.

Keep it Real fellas!

Matt Cole
12-10-2016, 19:30
Looks like good progress. Be great when it's done.;)

Stylin_ju
13-10-2016, 21:39
hey there,

Now here's new engine pics. All machining operations was done by a professional down there who is very serious and passionated by those Cleon type engines. :agree:
30796 Head and valve seats machined

30797 Valves in place with uprated springs from Catcam ( as my camshaft brand too)

30798 Balanced crankshaft in place with bearings. I have made balanced the full assembly of crankshaft, chain pulley, spacers, ancillary belt pulley, flywheel, clutch mechanism, for a better result. Yes as you saw it well, I built engine on the rear board of the car, I have no space and my movements are limited. This alloy board is very strong though!! :laugh:
30799 Time to insert those Wossner 77mm pistons into their shoes

30800 Linkage of conrods and crankshaft.
Now we will go into the delicate insertion of this baby into its new home! :cooter:

Stylin_ju
13-10-2016, 22:04
Car's out, sun's out!!
...in the shadow, better to work there as it was 30something degree if I recall well, that was end august.

30801 Ha, this beloved grab arm, A birthday gift from my deceased Dad. It helped me with all my engine insertions in the GTT from Volvo 480 turbo injection from original to uprated ones and one subaru engine &gearbox as well!!! It's still alive, that's beautiful what 100 euros (that was its price back in the days) could bring so much joy in a life time :love: LOL.

30802My reduced mobility and my good (or lazy) idea to build the engine in the rear board made this task easy, just: lift, aim, aim well again, and agin and yes, it fits!

30803Ok, so this car only got a 1.4L engine, yes it is and looks small and It should produce 300bhp, sensations and..... adrénaline as well? doesn't seems so at the mo :rolleyes:

30804 I wrapped it like a sandwich in order to avoid dust and other shi*s, because of the slightly hatable local daily wind:mad::mad:

30805 I start to connect oil radiator, pressure sensor...

So, I don't have any other pics at the moment, and before I went to London, I didn't receive my bespoke head gasket yet, so it's still in this state.
Thickness of 2.5mm with 77mm bore separated rings for a better pressure handling, which will give, if my maths are correct a compression ratio of 7.77, who is the winning number of casino machines! :wasntme:
And also maybe of this T2 machine!

Please give your comment or advice, or If you want name's of company I bought from my parts.
Please keep in mind It's the first time I'm building a whole engine alone and also my first real restoration ( my second get, but didn't strip it whole, was too shy, LOL)

KEEP IT REAL!

turbo ted
16-10-2016, 15:04
Awesome car Julian might get my hands on a turbo 2 someday win the lottery😀
Reading your post about 77mm bore head gasket I'm need head gasket with 77mm bore for a c1j any info where I could get one regards rob👍

Ashy
16-10-2016, 18:00
I am thanking a lot Ashy (who is an awesome chap) as the front grill was his, and THANKS TO RTOC for this!

Even in France which is the cradle of R5 turbo, it is very hard to find front grill and some original genuine parts.
Ashy was a real help in the restoration as I can keep going it with parts I didn't have from the start

No problem at all mate, glad to be able help a fellow enthusiast out 👍🏻

hopefully I'll get time to fit the bits you gave me too, maybe even do a restoration thread of my own so I can give you a mention!

keep the updates coming! Catch up with you again soon!

Stylin_ju
22-10-2016, 11:40
Turboted and Ashy,

Sorry, The website forum didn't show me any notifications about your replies, I just had a look now...

Turboted, you can have bespoke gasket head, separate rings, many thicknesses and 2 bores available there: C1J is GT Turbo I guess?
http://www.mespiecesauto.com/produit/joint-de-culasse-renforce-r5-gt-turbo/
renforcé means uprated, in case of :francais:

They had delay to make mine, but this guy build his own parts, good quality though!

Ashy, you can have a look at the link and find your future engine parts, forged conrods are cheaper than anywhere else and made in France also!!

Cheers Ashy, I didn't fit all the parts that you gave me as well. Some grills will be fitted at the end.
Keep up the good work on yours!
Cheers! :beer:

Stylin_ju
10-10-2017, 22:22
Dear All,

Almost one year later I didn't post anything on this thread.
I did some slight progress on it.
I sold all the used parts which weren't needed to finish the restoration.

In between, I refurbished my GTT engine. I will make a thread about it in the GTT section later this week.

But now I will speak tonight about the interior

Stylin_ju
10-10-2017, 22:29
I always wanted to have a R5 Turbo1 interior (the one originally designed by Bertone, the one which looks like an aircraft interior from the ‘70s and the seats from the manga «*Akura*» seat motorbike ) into my turbo2.
I had a replica T1 dashboard already on my car, so that was sorted!
I had old 2 bucket seats into it, got rid of this pair.

I bought then a replica of turbo1, a RIB brand one. I initially started to give it to a pro for making another model of the structure. We can buy aftermarket foams and covers but not the structure itself.
The «*alleged*» pro waited 6 months that I will have to wait another 6 months…. so F**K him, I took it back then.

Some time earlier this year I found 2 other replicas with genuine handles on it, I asked my mum to make cover seats following my taste, black with red stitching (which is not original)
I managed to source at a very decent price brand new original fabric from tour de corse seat pattern (black with white stripes), and I bought an original blue with red stripes one to help her making shape of covers (pic of former quote)

and now here is how she did it.

basically she copied the blue one cover in 2 black cover with red stitches
She was in redundancy at work, so I gave her a purposes for few weeks :wasntme: (she used to create her own clothes when I was a kid, I knew she could handle it)
She did recreate the pattern foam with the original fabric
view from inside

Stylin_ju
10-10-2017, 22:32
then kept going with the fake leather shapes around
those red stitches are just maintaining the shapes in order really they are not final
Some adjustments upside down
Same with full shape
Lovely mess :laugh:

Stylin_ju
10-10-2017, 22:36
Now we're talking, looks better isn't it?
She attached patterns to shapes
Downshape
Say hello to Jaya, she wanted to be on the pic, sneaky pussy!!:cooter:
Cover twins :love:

Stylin_ju
10-10-2017, 22:41
Here what it is look like, on one seat only, I since changed foams under my seat, since I will stay into it for some time during low rev session.
For those whom will ask:
My mum told me she will never do it again, it was a real pain in the a***e to make those.
Also she allowed me to save a couple of thousands on brand new replicas cover seats.

Thx for reading it and see you very soon fellas!

Matt Cole
11-10-2017, 08:59
Love it! Your mum has some talent. :D

Stylin_ju
11-10-2017, 15:39
Love it! Your mum has some talent. :D

Thank you very much Matt! Yes, she has for stitching :love:
Next time I will go to France, I will fit those into my car, it will give a better look to it ;)

Stylin_ju
13-10-2017, 15:05
I will show the adaptation of a Clutch Slave Cylinder (CSC) on the Turbo2, next week.
Btw, I totally forgot, in the meantime, I had the chance to put my hands on 6 speed sequential SADEV straight pinions gearbox with LSD for my T2 :cooter:
and the best way to not destroy the "Tour de Corse" clutch housebell (pic down and it is opened everywhere like an leerdammer cheese ;), the good point was to take measurements on it) was to adapt from an original one a CSC.

More to follow, Have a great week end fellas !!!

Ian S
13-10-2017, 23:36
The Sadev's didn't have a high enough torque capacity for modified 5GTT's.

Is your one OK for the torque?

Stylin_ju
19-10-2017, 08:57
The Sadev's didn't have a high enough torque capacity for modified 5GTT's.

Is your one OK for the torque?

The gearbox I sourced is a Turbo1 UN1 gearbox carter, with LSD and ratio from R21 2L Turbo and SADEV straight pinions (pignon à crabots in :francais:), so it is not a full Sadev one.
and the sequential system at the rear of the gearbox is a Puppo one (french brand again). It was refurbished for a peace of mind. It was previously mounted on a running car before the refurbishing.:D
it is an "hybrid" gearbox if you prefer, but reliable.

With the E-race electronic injections and some set-up, The specialist mechanic (Patrick Melot, please write this under Youtube and you'll see his red Turbo2 in action)is confident in this gearbox (he refurbished it). He will set it up after my low rev-sessions actually. He announced that my car will reach around 300BHP. He knows those little beasts for more than 20 years now, he has some solutions for making those car reliable. That's why I will give him my car to get the best out of it, for final settings :niceone:

Ian, I think it wil handle the torque:)

Stylin_ju
20-10-2017, 08:29
Hello!

Adaptation of a CSC:

First I had to take measurements on my former "Tour de Corse" clutch House-bell
for checking space available between the clutch system and the house-bell end.
So as the «*Tour de Corse*» house bell is too fragile in the long run (actually it is an original housebell machined one for a fork pushing instead a pulling clutch), so I opted for an original housebell, and adapt it a clutch slave cylinder, so in order to save money, I did adapt a CSC from an V6 Opel (brand new, 10 times cheaper than an AP Racing one)
Therefore, I bought 3 different models (a clio V6, vauxhall V6 and another one I forgot…), as no one (Warehouse middle men, Ebay dealers even main dealers) knew any sizes I asked for adapting a CSC on my those UN1 Gearbox.
So, I took measurements on 3 samples of CSC
After many trials and thoughts to keep some functions identical as the original functions, I decided to keep the Vauxhall V6 one, as all its dimensions seem to suit the job.

Stylin_ju
20-10-2017, 08:46
Uncut (virgin LOL) housebell clutch for R5 Turbo mid rear engine. :cooter:
I did bring it to the machining guy (He is very precise and he already did some machining on the turbo2 engine as well) actually he is that busy, good and late on jobs that I planned to see him in advance on one of his public closing day (when he actually works and isn’t disturbed by the phone, as hiring a secretary in France cost a fortune in tax).

He did piston liners heights of the new GTT engine bloc in the meantime, but I will create a topic about it in the appropriate section though.
The Guy invented a cylindric part which allows the CSC to be concentric (on the very same axle) with the housebell hole.
Then we presented the chosen CSC and drilled over its 3 attaching points to fit the 2 existing attaching points on the house bell clutch itself

He created another one after though for reliability.
In the meantime, I cleaned some parts for T2 and the GTT :wasntme:

Then I went to an hydraulic guy to adapt a system to bleed lockheed for this.

What happened was there's a leak come from behind the CSC, when I tried to bleed it.:sad:

Guys, Do you think it's because of its backplate which is not maintained by a planned surface?

Once I will find the solution for this,
I will finally fit the gearbox and try to adapt some Lobros on output driveshafts.
Hope you will help me to find out what happened.

Stylin_ju
25-01-2019, 16:22
Greetings Everyone,

Happy new year to everyone, I hope to see most of you enthusiast at the Pod in June as I booked a ticket.
Well, It seems that I didn't update my thread at all last year.
Good news the Turbo2 has been painted during Xmas holidays.
And it was still trailed by my faithful GTT:32476

Ok, I will explain what happened on it since last year then with pics of course.
it's close to be starting but not yet ;)

As French proverb says "Plus c'est long, plus c'est bon" :wasntme:

Stylin_ju
25-01-2019, 17:08
I will show engine bay later on today or this week end.

Here is the dash board ( I wish I knew nothing about those wiring s**t) I've managed to put a lot of info (please note on far right the selected gear engaged screen for the sequential gearbox, it's not wired yet..)

As the interior of my car is a Turbo 1 Replica, I've made it look like the same spirit.

I've spend a small week to wire this correctly along with the injection wiring... and I draw diagram (if one day I need to re wire?)

Basically as I might showed it before, I took a normal R5 wiring for the lights repeaters etc... and made my bespoke wiring for all functions I needed to ad and that was a lot to think about.
I need the rear quarter wiring for rear light to "create" or just source from an old car.

Matt Cole
26-01-2019, 12:01
Julien, are you bringing the turbo 2 to Pod?

Stylin_ju
26-01-2019, 16:50
Julien, are you bringing the turbo 2 to Pod?

Hello Matt,

As I've said it does not start yet ( didn't try and need to sort out the top head detail for flowing coolant in the correct direction as I took a Gordini (Alpine LHD) turbo top head to keep it cheap, as it's the same beside this tiny detail LOL) :cooter:
I will try to start in February and March as I took 2 weeks holidays there as I'm in London now.

I honestly don't know with which car I'll go to the pod, maybe with the GTT, but it runs on E85 (more power and 70cts/L) and there's no petrol station down here in UK, my Carb is set for this carburant. With Brexit coming up, boarder control reinforcement, so maybe I won't be able to smuggle some E85 in some random tanks :wasntme:

The turbo2, well I have to do a low rev session of 2000km (1200miles) of small roads ,no motorway, before setting some more power to it.
And if I bring it back in UK (if one day I would buy a property) I might need to store it in a garage as no way that I'll park it in the street overnight.

I know I will come for sure to the pod on June, I have my ticket!
but I can't promise with which car yet ;)
I look forward to meet some enthusiastic like minded though :D

Which car are you bringing on to the pod?

Matt Cole
27-01-2019, 00:00
5GTT Julien. It goes for mapping in March. Fingers crossed it holds together! 😆

Stylin_ju
27-01-2019, 16:55
5GTT Julien. It goes for mapping in March. Fingers crossed it holds together! 😆

Yeah, true, You've got quite an engine down there. I'll cross my fingers and make an extra prayer for it to give its best reliable yet :D

Stylin_ju
27-01-2019, 17:07
To keep running this thread, I've found some pics about the engine bay, adaptation of the big intercooler with bespoke air intake and a lot of adaptations that I could spent weeks to talk about, but let's keep it concise.

I fit a aluminium plate to block an original hole on the plenum, yeah it's all polished and shiny.

Plenum has been fitted (for good this time) and after much struggles I gave it to the CNC guy who got an alloy welding unit to weld a part to hold and handle the intercooler behind the rear left wing in order to git it for good as well ( I skipped many un-necessary pics)

I use fibreglass plates to create a bespoke air intake but my original cardboard model got me wrong and I had to retake one side (tape sided) and fibreglass again to form an angle.

32482 view from behind

then result before fitting the rear wing (for good as well)

Stylin_ju
27-01-2019, 17:19
windscreen glue with molded (fibreglass was best my friend at some point) thread screw into the wing bolted to the chassis (more reliable than the original fitting) as I don't it to crack later on in its life, as they often did on original cars.

32485 I will fit the original grills (former Ashy'ones, now fixed :D) later on, to hide this big intercooler to give back the original look to the car.

32486 I have fitted the gearbox, I did discovered what was wrong with this leak... I fit a master slave cylinder which is adapted to this CSC (from Opel) adapt it for the Renault 5 pedal and I did fit a cover pedal from a Clio 172 to keep the spirit of brushed holed metal pedals in the cockpit.
I have discovered that I missed to fit a 2 joint (seals) for avoiding leaks from this "new" master slave cylinder as the whole system is, of course bespoke, and should be reliable.

32487 rear view and I made fun with cutting the extra fibreglass from the left rear wing.

32488 It's still a mess with parts everywhere and not more space to fit around (TETRIS mode engaged)

Stylin_ju
27-01-2019, 17:34
32489 We can see hidden in the top left the intercooler, with 2 piping, one long with golden tape to the turbo and the other with many bends and a welded base to fit a BLITZ Blow off valve ( It's my first one, I don't if I will fancy the sound of it or not) with bespoke pipings, electric dressings etc....

I also did a plate to hold stud mounted with Uni ball joint to hold the Turbo T3 weight on the gearbox strut brace (on which was welded 3 solid thread to fit those studs)...

The exhaust manifold is wrapped and is Inconel version "super cévennes" from back in the days. Some weld needed to be revised on it, I had it cheap, welding was sorted by a marine guy down here as he had to "practice" this material for a new french "porte avions" they will build (boat with planes on the deck, dunno the word in english).

Expansion water tank was fitted behind a "temperature plate" to avoid coolant to get heated by the exhaust area.

I have fitted an air extractor down to get down warm air induced by the whole heat engine process.

Here is sneak peek of the interior, with seat fitted

Stylin_ju
05-02-2019, 18:47
Hey,
So I keep going to show you phases before getting to its respray
Following its sandblasting (which was too powerful and some metal area way too thin) I was recommended to not have the roof done.

I must "play" to remove all 3 layers of painting and primers in between...

Actually the roof reminded me "Guernica" background (from Picasso) and during this day, I've considered to not get the roof resprayed, only for one day though. then I came to my senses the following day:cooter:

A ton of dust later (luckily it was raining slightly that day, neighbours couldn't complain)
Back to the garage to sleep.

Stylin_ju
05-02-2019, 18:57
Then I was supposed to bring it there the week end before Xmas on saturday morning, But the body work was far to be ready for its new skin, so I've decided to show it to the painter which allowed me to work at the car-body shop with him to get things done quickly.

He was pretty unhappy about massive dents on the roof (yes, I shouldn't put stuff on it), but I'll help him for the rest, so he did it at the end.

This is when I bring it, at Xmas eve

I had to remove the rear bumper for towing it (It could dent the rear bumper in bends, it happened to me already)
The distance was 1 km away, which is a very close body shop.

PS : Thanks God, he started to work on my car the 25th at 10am (fix the roof), I joined him in the afternoon to give him a hand, even 2 :D

Stylin_ju
05-02-2019, 19:05

Now that looks at a whole continent's map after more sanding.

I adapted the original grills inserted into the bespoke air intake that looks way better!
note the fibreglass filler to attach this rear wing part to the chassis

The car is still a mess, nut the roof is getting done slowly but surely.

More roof filler as it was bending back the most possible.

More filler to cover fibreglass and imperfections!

Stylin_ju
05-02-2019, 19:12
I did create a fibreglass cylinder to cover the locking barrel area on the "boot" (which is technically a bonnet as engine is behind it)

Then result is Ok (perfection is not from this world :wasntme:)

After very much a lot of sanding session, filler, sanding again etc.....

Prime(r) Time!
32512 Then sanding again (I didn't edit any pics about it)

Doors and boot's interior were resprayed (he didn't do the door card area as , yeah you guessed well, there will be a door card on it) before the final layer and lacker.

Stylin_ju
20-02-2019, 11:46
Here's the beast with a fresh respray, Some friends asked me if it was the same car :D

I know, "purists" won't like the actual colour, but colours and taste are never for discussions.

It is the Gun metallic From the Nissan GT-R (I was actually hesitated between the Turbo2 and The GT-R just before I bought the Turbo2)

32517 Painter helped me to fit the front Windscreen and the rear one as well, I couldn't source any new rubber to fit them, it was quite some "pleasant times" to fit the old (hardish) ones with the rope...

32518 This color metallic shades and chrome on wheels remind me of the Bullit car style...

32519 That looks already better, isn't it?

Matt Cole
23-02-2019, 13:48
Coming on well. Awesome!

Stylin_ju
18-03-2019, 18:15
Coming on well. Awesome!

Thank you Matt, I start to believe that you're the only one who read my thread :laugh:
How about your GTT, have you mapped it well?

Stylin_ju
18-03-2019, 18:33
The last 2 weeks I was in France making some progress on the car.

Here is the last pics from X-mas holidays then I need to re-size pics before going on with the thread.
That's before I've trailed it, Then when I arrived
Just before sunset

I went to pick up my body kit: bumpers and other stuffs the day after.
Color is shiny under the sun :)
On side skirt is fitted and actually I had no idea that the body kit original colour from Renault will suit very well the Gun metallic from the GT-R.

More to follow soon fellas!

Stylin_ju
12-04-2019, 09:58
Hi All, other pics from my March holidays,
let's start when a friend lent me his Turbo1 bonnet for me to create a frond end mould bonnet shape in fibreglass to finish off my bonnet (bigger air intake)
I've created the bonnet randomly then it didn't fit well the car. And I wanted that the bonnet looked like the R5 superproduction one. Well I have to do this bit on my bonnet again.

Sure it looked more like a car now, still the red is too flashy.

This negative mould will allow me to create the same shape for my bonnet.
in the meantime we fit the rear carpet on the engine shelf with my mum ( at least I'll have memory of working on my car with her)

32534 Et voilà!!! Yes life's too short to drive boring cars :D Even if I never drove this one yet.

Stylin_ju
12-04-2019, 10:08
Let's keep up with the bonnet thread as I've finish it at the end chronologically, at least you won't get lost.

I've fitted it on my bonnet after I've cut the bit I had to re create.
view from underneath.
after I've remove the mould.
I've applied more fibreglass on the top to make it solid ( I think this part is heavier than the whole bonnet actually :laugh:)
I want it to open as original, so I've fitted a aluminium plate with threaded bolt to pop on the actual hinges to make it "like the real thing"

Stylin_ju
12-04-2019, 10:14
mission fulfilled
I had to ram fibreglass into this opening between the alloy bar and the bonnet, I had to be very patient.
then "connect the bonnet" with fibreglass underneath to "absorb the alloy plate.
That's me filling up the top holes.
now for easter, I just need to finish off few details on it then I will bring it up for a respray with wing mirrors etc.... and maybe make this beauty eventually start!

Stylin_ju
12-04-2019, 10:23
The 2nd day I've fit both doors stickers on it.
I actually believed the car was finished (well, far from it :wasntme:) but it looked that I've made some progress anyway.
Many neighbours complimented me on this color combination.
I will never get bored of this shining gradient
side skirts are genuine Renault colour for Turbo2 body kit
I re-invented a rear wiring loom for the car, I even put an option to fit the rear fog light the other side (from reverse gear bulb) if one day I decide to bring it permanently in UK.
This radiator is huge, let's create some bespoke air intakes to lead air through it and do its job properly, cooling down this machine!!

dmiller1
14-04-2019, 06:54
The looks amazing.i thought I had alot of work with mine. Congrats

Mr Raider
14-04-2019, 18:37
Wow! awesome work there :agree::agree::cool:

dickiegtt
14-04-2019, 21:09
Absolutely top job you are doing and great thread. She will be stunning in every way and the colour you have chose suits the turbo 2 spot on and the interior. You can’t really go wrong with grey to be honest on any car!

It would be great if you post a video of her running :)

Matt Cole
22-04-2019, 10:03
It's stunning. Can't wait to see it finished. 😍

Jasper
23-04-2019, 08:16
Wow it’s looking amazing! Nice to see it built to your own spec rather then worrying about it being completely original! 👌🏻

Stylin_ju
10-05-2019, 10:44
Absolutely top job you are doing and great thread. She will be stunning in every way and the colour you have chose suits the turbo 2 spot on and the interior. You can’t really go wrong with grey to be honest on any car!

It would be great if you post a video of her running :)

Many Thanks to you for your comments: @dickiegtt, @Mr Raider, and @dmiller1, This colour is the one from the GT-R as I was hesitating to buy a GT-R and the Turbo2, they were sensibly at same price (at that time, before R5 Turbo prices took really off and GT-R going down). But I thought I won't find a Turbo2 at this price with all the chassis enhancement already done on it, it appears now that I was right at that time.

The Turbo2 was actually cranking over, with the ignition key, to spread oil everywhere in the engine, 2 weeks ago. That is very good news, it means I set valves clearance and timing correctly.
I need to update the thread. I hope in June it will may finally start (if God wants it :worship: )

Stylin_ju
10-05-2019, 10:46
It's stunning. Can't wait to see it finished. 😍

Thanks Matt! I think I might be more impatient than you to see it running.

Stylin_ju
10-05-2019, 10:52
Wow it’s looking amazing! Nice to see it built to your own spec rather then worrying about it being completely original! 👌🏻

Thanks Jasper. I always modified my cars " a little ;)" apparently the handling and the turbo lag weren't very safe on those ones.

I bought it already with a welded roll cage, Great suspension, MAXI5 drivetrains (wider) and 4 pistons Wilwood at each corner, and the Tour de Corse pedal brake box already welded and fitted.

Most of the job was done really, I just kept building it to " my taste". I will make it run and see how it drives once the "low rev session" is over.

Thanks all for looking!!

Stylin_ju
10-05-2019, 11:00
All right,

I was about to show the bespoke air intake (lower one)
this pic was taken before I modify the front end of the bonnet.

that is the air intake (higher one) to let air goes and flows away.

I did some cardboard shape then insert to fibreglass with resin on it in order to have the expected shape to fit it on.
before and

after the magic happened (also resprayed with black pasti dip)

yes it looks even better with rear top grills, rear lights and badges.

Stylin_ju
10-05-2019, 11:19
This post ends with the March 2 weeks work on it.

I had some help to fit some mesh (for mosquitos, I had this one on my phase 1 GTT front grill and it still does the job 5 years later) on the rear intake grills for avoiding any flying small rocks or anything else to crack either the oil radiator or the intercooler.

the rear wing looks complete now

I also discovered that, even if the engine bloc origin is from an alpine (Gordini for you in UK, standard front position) I, mysteriously, ended up with a correct R5 Turbo2 top head, with the correct flow barrier molded on it... I believed I had to modify it (for coolant purposes and water pump position) so It saved me 3 days of labour!!

So I had to flush the coolant and refill it again.

Those opening windows are very convenient for accessing the engine, better than a " Real car" :wasntme:

Well now I must re size pics of the April session and I might keep this thread going on.

If anyone got an idea to upload a video there without putting it on Youtube, I will do that as I don't want to put it on that.

Cheers, have a lovely week end fellas!

Stylin_ju
14-05-2019, 14:35
The looks amazing.i thought I had alot of work with mine. Congrats

Thx a lot, which car are you restoring ?

dmiller1
14-05-2019, 18:00
Hiya, my car is a Renault 5 raider ( Alain orielle). Not nearly as much work as you. Pics are on my thread👍

dmiller1
14-05-2019, 18:06
32618 nearly finished

Stylin_ju
28-05-2019, 19:38
32618 nearly finished

It looks nice!!
It remind me my First GTT (it was a Alain Oreille Shell with a 86 registration paperwork, yes VIN was "re done" before I bought it for 750euros (5000 French Francs) in 2001 all complete, running but with almost a second car in parts, even more parts, (without the shell) I had real door badges and all PH2 equipment.

I will look at your thread tomorrow mate, I need to spend more time here update my thread.
Any raider always looks good... with a williams colour! ;)

Matt Cole
29-05-2019, 07:35
Awesome! It's looking very special this. Please keep the thread going. Keeps us all entertained. ;)

Stylin_ju
29-05-2019, 10:22
Yes Matt, I hope it keeps you all entertained. Actually me too, but she might need to start and runs one day soon...

A friend helped me to remove the gearbox for changing the CSC (Clutch slave cylinder)

I've fitted a brand new one which exploded later as well....

So I've asked Niall from Ashgarth- engineering (Ashy on RTOC) if he could machine a part to fit under the CSC to "maintain" the main diaphragm in place, then allow gears to be running in when it does. Niall is a genuine enthusiast.
If I had keep hair on my head, I would pull them off as it's a recurring problem for a more than a year now...

On the other hand, I had bring back to life the front grill which was bending (like a smile really, because of the sun or heat and age ) to fit it on the car later on.

I bought a U shape of aluminium then cut it at some existing reinforcement points, black sealant and then it's straight again!!

Stylin_ju
29-05-2019, 10:45
Guys it's the post Number #1000 of the 5 Turbo & Turbo 2 section of the Forum.

I'm proud to actually write it , and entertain a bit this section since it's a bit desertic because their prices are going through the roof. You'll get a link for my car cranking over for this special occasion.

Even if CSC and gearbox wasn't fitted, I wanted to be sure that ignition was working correctly and It seems that I did a good job in rebuilding the engine. Now I'm sure that oil pressure is on as (running in) oil travelled everywhere into the engine.

Of course my ignition switch didn't match the wiring loom (otherwise it would have been too easy, of course....:wasntme:) I had to link to wires together..... Then... BOOOOOOM !

Here the link of the video of my car cranking over (http://www.dropbox.com/s/xpnaqbxikw0or03/VID_20190420_170852.mp4?dl=0)

The bonnet is not finished but I did give it to the painter, for him to finish it when I'll be down there on the 10th of June. It might look good with this bigger air intake, finished..

In the meantime, I've changed the Turbo on my GTT, on the left, the T3 From the Turbo2 and on the right a GT260 hybrid for my GTT. They look almost similar in size, they are both still in 1.4L though. That's a very good Turbo!!!

Pic of the rear of the car, with bits assembled.

Another pic of the rear of the car since I've fitted the Turbo2 badge

I hope you enjoyed this post #1000.

Matt Cole
30-05-2019, 19:27
We do indeed enjoy it. :) Fantastic build thread. :agree:

Stylin_ju
31-05-2019, 11:54
We do indeed enjoy it. :) Fantastic build thread. :agree:

Thank you very much Matt!! It's the first time that I am rebuilding a whole car in my life in full

And Bad News, I can't make it to the Pod on Sunday 16th, first I will arrive in the afternoon, Second I don't have any running car to come by, only my 150cc motorbike which I dunno if it will appreciate the journey since I've changed crankshaft and its bearings last month.

I can send my ticket and the windscreen hanger for 8£. I hope it will be enjoyed by one other enthusiast, contact me in PM.

Next year I should organise better and I think I might even come with the Turbo2 in the flesh (fiberglass then :laugh:)

Stylin_ju
31-05-2019, 14:49
I will show you what is on my laptop when I am plugged on the car "E-Race" ECU

Of course I need to sort a bit of that out before hoping to start it the first time.
Naturally this manbo jumbo is in french
that's data of all sensor and outside values of the car regarding performance

Now I need to be more familiar with those in order to draft a "set up" my car for running in (low revs) session

I am going back next week for keeping up the work on it.
I will write next post in June regarding the CSC, bonnet, upper part of the front air intake and the "vavavoum" :D

dickiegtt
05-06-2019, 22:41
Vavavoum! Like it:agree:

That video was very teasing, I just wanted her to fire up!

Very ambitious first build! I am stripping my gtt down to do my first build at the minute but I am a novice mechanic so dreading the building back up part!

Stylin_ju
31-07-2019, 10:07
Vavavoum! Like it:agree:

That video was very teasing, I just wanted her to fire up!

Very ambitious first build! I am stripping my gtt down to do my first build at the minute but I am a novice mechanic so dreading the building back up part!

Haha, it was teasing me as well, but without petrol in tanks, I knew it won't start for sure... I wish you good luck with your build! it requires a lot of patience, time, sweat, money, that passion made it forget all of those.

Since last time, I made some progress on the body only even if now the csc doesn't seem to leak.

Parts that ASHY built generously on its company machine
I had to modify the CSC as the manufacturer decided to slightly modify it sparts with the exact same number references......:sad:

and later give it to a local machine guy to modify Ashy Parts in the end...
At this time, the gearbox is still not fitted, but now the Turbo2 fits in a new home garage with space to turn around and even electricity.

In June, my mum moved out in the South West, just upper Bordeaux, more space, but I didn't have the chance to use this garage yet....

Now the bonnet, the painter did a good job to sort out filler smoothing before painting it.

That was my chance to respray everything that wasn't sprayed yet, or damaged.

When I had the bonnet back before fitting it.

Stylin_ju
31-07-2019, 10:16

Rear roll bars bolted on the welded roll cage.

Mad max style with the huge air intake (from Maxi5)

He resprayed inside (yet apparent fibreglass is the way to go inside this car)

I had to glue/attached both side upper spoilers as the rear as well (tour de toit in French) to get it respray by the painter. We covered the car and apply some fillers, special primer as those parts are in foam ( they were both fitted in my hand luggage once rolled...:laugh:)

Stylin_ju
31-07-2019, 10:24

Well, don't do this at home (unless you live in a warm climate). But it was very warm, no wind, so it dried very quick with the heat. I already painted outdoor in South of France (My whole gtt bodykit in Tungstene grey for example), it could be as warm as a painting cabin.

We can see, we had to be creative to hold other parts to get their fresh paint dose. Rear strut brace erected :cooter:

Those next pics were on the day of the moving out.

I had to get it out of the way in order to pack the garage and to get it empty by the end of the day.

It still looks like mad max, but to "real" car also :love:

Stylin_ju
31-07-2019, 10:30

with my friend kawasaki bike in the background

this lovely day helped to reveal all shades of the GTR color.

My friend doesn't speak english but does a thumb up to you all from his motorbike :D

Now the body work is completed, I need time to finish to fit parts all together, once clutch will be fully working, I will try to start it, but I don't know yet when I will be able to go there.

Thanks for looking guys!!

Matt Cole
01-08-2019, 07:15
It's looking fantastic!!:D

Stylin_ju
05-08-2019, 20:44
It's looking fantastic!!:D

Thanks a lot Matt!!
It is still not running yet though, I might update pics when (with its little sister GTT) they were trailed to the new area and its new home, a bigger garage where I can actually turn around with light and electricity!
I can't wait to work on it with better conditions.

R5GTT2
31-12-2019, 14:53
What an amazing read post thread build car is so beautiful :love:

Well done from start to finish :cool2:

Stylin_ju
28-01-2020, 15:18
What an amazing read post thread build car is so beautiful :love:

Well done from start to finish :cool2:

Waoo, thank you a lot R5GTT2! but it is far from finish ( not too but still some to do).

She is in her new new home ( 2 movings), I will show more pics very soon about it. and thx to Niall engineering, the Clutch slave cylinder works and doesn't leak anymore.
I just need time to finish it off, really.

Stylin_ju
28-01-2020, 15:38
That was back in Last September, Sorry did'nt have the time to I have to "create" the upper Air Intake to direct the air out after it cooled the Front Radiator.

I did some cardboard shape before using fibreglass32703

Then I closed the bonnet to see how it fits, it I could modify it or not.

Then I started making it with some layer of fibre glass

I fitted to see of I needed to modify it

And now it is fitted after being resprayed

Stylin_ju
28-01-2020, 15:46
I have spent few hours to sort out electricity for the dashboard, and fitted some carbon sticker along with some foam rolls to protect painting on the welded rollcage

Well, it's still a mess inside.

I adapted a lower air intake for the Oil radiator and resprayed it, it is very discreet as it will be behind the wings rear Grills.

A pic when I've fitted both rear bars for the roll cage

I have resprayed and painted the original front grill.
I modified the bonnet hinges fixations, the way the hinge are bolted on it modify its position, it is going further out, but it does give the Mad max look for it!

Stylin_ju
28-01-2020, 15:51
Few shiny pics, I have fitted few things like the wing mirrors and other stuff which doesn't stop it to start.
At that time, the CSC wasn't fitted and I had an holiday week ahead, I had to focus on those unecessary things first.

and next month, I will show how I fitted the AP Racing CSC.

Matt Cole
02-02-2020, 12:23
Looking awesome this is!:agree::)

Stylin_ju
13-02-2020, 16:18
Looking awesome this is!:agree::)

Thx Matt! It is a very long project since I don't live there and I don't have this kind of space and means in London for doing it. So I upload pics when I got time.

So Before Xmas Break, I went down there and my mum bought a house with a special garage just for the Turbo2!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

before all companies went on holidays, I managed to have machined (locally) the housebell for fitting the plate for the new AP Racing CSC.
Our Friend Ashy managed to get me a piece of metal laser cutted which will be my future plate

Here is what it looks like under process
then the local guy machined the center pin to be sure that the centre of the CSC will be concentric with the clutch mechanism once fitted.

He removed some aluminium matter inside the housebell to allow the plate to fit "perfectly" (even if perfection is not from this world).

You can see down on the left the shortcut I trie to take by using the former CSC ( even if it's from a V6 Omega, it didn't work at all, too much pressure on the plates.)

More or less in Situ it looks like this.

Stylin_ju
27-02-2020, 13:50
Last pic was when it was trailed from her rented place to the new one.

After buying a bespoke braided hose for the clutch from a local dealer I finally had the time (between housework improvements) to fit this CSC and its bespokde plate.

My new workshop, it is so good to have a work top with a Vice on it, instead of faxing myslef between the car and the walls or to work under the sun on the balcony...:laugh:

First try to show how is it going together

Need some adjustments... to fit the bleed hose

Now it fits, so need to check if the CSC does his job or not

Before fitment

I have to fit it blank to see with the small camera. it handles the twin plates pressure!!!! finally :cooter:

Stylin_ju
17-03-2020, 13:03
I was very Happy that the clutch is finally working fine.

Please see it parked in her new home.

with her little sister

That's all for now as they closed boarders to France from Noon today, we live in hard times right now.

I dunno when I will able to go down there and make this thing cracking on!

Enjoy while you can ! life is short even if "Nothing happened in UK":wasntme:

Matt Cole
18-03-2020, 23:15
It's all happening in the UK now. I predict lockdown tommorow. :cry:

Still, I get a few weeks on the cars!:yeah::yeah:

Stylin_ju
04-04-2020, 20:10
It's all happening in the UK now. I predict lockdown tommorow. :cry:

Still, I'll get a few weeks on the cars!:yeah::yeah:

Yes Matt, actually I flew back to France on 21st and I got fired the day before (so, no point to stay alone in a room in London), but I don't care, I am lock down with my mum, she was alone, and we could do work on her house as well.
The good point, good food, Sun and warm, I took some tan back actually

I am very happy that I see the light at the end of the tunnel for the Turbo2, (more time for it)... and It's not a train coming my way :laugh:

I will update the refurbishment of the garage and then more progress of the Turbo2.

Stay safe at home and build a BIG RENAULT TURBO!!!!!

Stylin_ju
15-02-2022, 12:27
Hello Everyone,

ahhh, Almost 2 years later!!! it's good to be back, and in the meantime, yes my turbo2 started for 2 mins, yes I shall rename this thread and my mother moved to Brittany now ( from Angoulême and this thread started in the South)
It has been, few lockdowns, waves, variants and silly PM underground parties before I decided I must finish that thread at some points!

let's start from the beginning,
first lockdown, I lost my office job and decided to spend it at my mother's house ( where I thought I could keep working on my turbo2)
Since she bought that house few months ago ( at that time being), guess what? I helped her refurbishing it, before few materials began to be unavailable too as shops were closing down.
So I could work on my car, only after 2/3 months ish... :rolleyes:

few pics
it's my old spec, I've removed the distributor now to get another coil.
Anyway, I've modified my chain cover to include a TDC in order to give signals to my electronic injection. as the one I've had created wasn't really efficient

I've welded and drill a piece of metal to welcome the new TDC sensor

I've modified the crank pulley to fit a 30-2 teeths wheel inside

after respray and completion

Stylin_ju
15-02-2022, 12:45
I have to shorten the 2 years time story of how it finally started,
last year in March, It wouldn't start even if I reached the creator of my electronic injection
my injectors were badly plugged ( wiring) as they were low impedance, not high ones, wiring has to be different, i've spend 2/3 weeks getting mad about it.

I've modified the link between the gear lever and the sequential system at the rear of the gearbox.

the MAP sensor for 3 bars boost ( 45psi)

a pic of the rear of my car

it took a lot of time (probably hours) to set up the laptop with correct datas and try to make it start.
I will upload the video before this week end

Thanks for looking at my thread :)

Stylin_ju
21-02-2022, 17:19
Et voilà la vidéo !!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4x574v047cir6a/VID_20210326_115911.mp4?dl=0

after that long time I was pretty proud of myself, then I decided to change the specs again ( more torque at low range, so few mods were on)

I will update the thread later on.

Karlos
23-02-2022, 18:20
Et voilà la vidéo !!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4x574v047cir6a/VID_20210326_115911.mp4?dl=0

after that long time I was pretty proud of myself, then I decided to change the specs again ( more torque at low range, so few mods were on)

I will update the thread later on.

Excellent work :agree:

Stylin_ju
28-02-2022, 16:59
Excellent work :agree:

Many thanks Karlos :)

It's not finished yet even if It's very near now, fitting the gearbox (which ain't finished yet) Maxi5 driveshafts with lobro fittings. and then I will bring it to a well known Rally Remap guy in Brittany.

Karlos
22-03-2022, 12:29
Many thanks Karlos :)

It's not finished yet even if It's very near now, fitting the gearbox (which ain't finished yet) Maxi5 driveshafts with lobro fittings. and then I will bring it to a well known Rally Remap guy in Brittany.

:agree: :)