PDA

View Full Version : back brakes sticking on

dave j gtt
29-01-2009, 13:56
Having probs with my back brakes, renewed dics and pads last year, gave calipers a good clean.

Everything was ok, then brakes just started to stick on , its not the hand brake as i dont use it and it still works and releses ok.

Prob is, seems when am driving the rear brakes are coming on quite bad, seems there to much effort at the rear brakes. and may be not enough at the front.

Is it a case that i need to bleed all brakes ?

Do i need to change my compensator that leaks alittle ?

Thing is i need to sort it temp, to get me somewhere on sataurday.

Was thinking of taking brakes of and giving a good clean, but am wondering if theres sumat else i should be doin while am at it.

Have a second hand brake valve to put on, just want to wait till i mot it next week and do the job using a pit.

all advise/experience welcome please people :)

5alldaway
29-01-2009, 14:10
a few years ago i was having the same issues, new pads, cleaned calipers but nothing cured it until i had a new rear caliper fitted. job done

gttjames
29-01-2009, 18:33
Will probably be the caliper, piston seizes up inside

Kris M
29-01-2009, 20:12
Ive just redone the whole rear braking system on my ph1. Needed to change the calipers as they were shot, ended up having to hacksaw nearly all the rear brake pipes off to get the calipers off aswell as sawing the handbrake cables !!

Much fresher back there now though :)

gtmatt
29-01-2009, 20:28
i had the same problem replaced the calipers as the piston does seize, also the rear brake compensator can also stick ,i replaced that as well that seemed to cure the problem:)

dave j gtt
31-01-2009, 01:56
sweet :cool:

job done :smokin:

replaced rear brake compansator.

cleaned and made good my old calipers for now.

cheers for all help / advise / opinions ;)