PDA

View Full Version : Removing front seat bolts (seized)

clarky_gtt
14-03-2016, 10:34
I'm currently trying to remove all the interior for my resto.

I managed to remove the passenger seat all fine and the drivers rear bolts x2, but the drivers front bolts are just spinning! :o:mad:

is there a way of removing them without having to cut the carpet or box section? if I remember rightly there is captive nuts in the box section, I'm guessing there just spinning

cheers

Alex
14-03-2016, 12:49
Something I'm currently dealing with as I've managed to lose/possibly muller my captive nuts when I put the old old bucket seats in.

Anyway...... Theres cut outs in the floorpan that the captive nuts drop into. If they're just spinning it's possible to put your finger in or something to wedge the nut and stop it spinning. The carpet has little flaps in for access on the side.

clarky_gtt
14-03-2016, 15:43
I can see a tiny access slot/hole on the side with the seat removed, but on the drivers side where the subframe is bolted tight I can't see or feel a hole:dearme:

Alex
14-03-2016, 19:11
The rear slot/hole on the drivers side is at the back of the rail and its smaller, you can just about get a finger in (as the actress said to the bishop!)