PDA

View Full Version : Help - side decals!

Granite
29-11-2015, 18:26
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Please can someone recommend a good copy of the side decal for a red phase 2?

Granite
01-12-2015, 20:41

Come on guys and girls! Someone must know somewhere I can get some half decent stickers from ? :)

Matt_S
01-12-2015, 20:52
What are you trying to achieve colour wise? You can still get silver lettering stickers at dealers.

markg
01-12-2015, 20:52
You tried Mike at GT Turbo Spares ?.

Granite
01-12-2015, 21:14

Yes unfortunately I bought his last set and the body shop made a mess of the fittment:mad: Apparently the print shop who do his stickers are not willing to do another run...

Granite
01-12-2015, 21:17
What are you trying to achieve colour wise? You can still get silver lettering stickers at dealers.

Silver/grey lettering with black fade as per the OE red car. I have been through the Rrnault UK network and apparently they do not have this colour mix anymore. I refuse to give up, someone somewhere must be doing good copies. I have no links to part guys in France. Does anywhere on here have any French contacts?

markg
01-12-2015, 21:40
Might be worth talking to these guys. Scroll down and you will see they have side decals comming soon.

http://www.repro-vignette-auto.com/autocollants-renault/

Trevhib
02-12-2015, 09:52
Isn't there someone on the continent that does reasonable copies? It's in one of the threads on this subject.

Granite
02-12-2015, 09:54
Isn't there someone on the continent that does reasonable copies? In a thread somewhere.

That would be great news! Anymore info would be much appreciated

Trevhib
02-12-2015, 09:54
Let us know if you find anything using the thread search funcs :agree:

Trevhib
02-12-2015, 10:03
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/renault-5-GT-TURBO-p2-autocollant-sticker-aufkleber-/400220025673?hash=item5d2ef8f349

Edit - I can't vouch for them and they appear to be for white GTTs but it's a start.

Granite
09-12-2015, 13:58
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/renault-5-GT-TURBO-p2-autocollant-sticker-aufkleber-/400220025673?hash=item5d2ef8f349

Edit - I can't vouch for them and they appear to be for white GTTs but it's a start.

Several messages and a week later with no response :-(

Any other recommendations would be much appreciated!

Granite
15-12-2015, 07:01
All I want for Christmas is my two side decals :-(

Matt_S
15-12-2015, 14:40
Msg Lewis Newbz on Facebook.

Granite
18-12-2015, 20:35
Msg Lewis Newbz on Facebook.

Lewis' stickers are copies and unfortunately noticeably different to OE. Really appreciate your help nonetheless Matt, nice one!

MR TURBO
11-01-2016, 18:17
I'm after some of these too.... all I need is the dimensions etc and I have a good friend who is willing to replicate for me. So if anyone can help with dimensions etc would be brilliant which in turn means I maybe able to get some for anyone else who wants them.

Trevhib
11-01-2016, 22:03
Blinkin' eck not back to the start with this again.

Get in touch with Mike at GT Turbo spares so you can get Top Cat's contact details. I'm sure he would be willing to provide all the details necessary. :agree:

MR TURBO
11-01-2016, 23:52
Blinkin' eck not back to the start with this again.

Get in touch with Mike at GT Turbo spares so you can get Top Cat's contact details. I'm sure he would be willing to provide all the details necessary. :agree:

Thanks for the response fella... If Mikes the same one I'm thinking of he's a hard guy to get hold of... I think I messaged him on here a few times and I don't think he ever replied but hey anybody got mikes details maybe worth another shot :coffee:

Trevhib
12-01-2016, 10:20
If PM on here doesn't work, try:

sales@gt-turbo-spares.co.uk

Let us know how you get on with this as we really do need more replicas. I think TC's were amazing but the printer got fed up with small order numbers if I remember correctly :agree:

Matt Cole
12-01-2016, 12:18
If PM on here doesn't work, try:

sales@gt-turbo-spares.co.uk

Let us know how you get on with this as we really do need more replicas. I think TC's were amazing but the printer got fed up with small order numbers if I remember correctly :agree:

Can we (RTOC) not take this on? Decals seem to be the number one request!!!:agree:

Trevhib
12-01-2016, 14:14
Well this might be the way to do it. We kind of did last time when Top Cat and co did all the hard yards. The best way to sell them was through Mike who was willing to buy in batches. This went on for a while and then the printers canned it.

So it would effectively mean going through the same process so by far the best place to start is by getting the design details from Top Cat, if he's willing, and seeing if MrTurbo's mate is able to get these reproduced. We could potentially get them in the shop by agreement.

Matt Cole
12-01-2016, 21:57
Well this might be the way to do it. We kind of did last time when Top Cat and co did all the hard yards. The best way to sell them was through Mike who was willing to buy in batches. This went on for a while and then the printers canned it.

So it would effectively mean going through the same process so by far the best place to start is by getting the design details from Top Cat, if he's willing, and seeing if MrTurbo's mate is able to get these reproduced. We could potentially get them in the shop by agreement.

This would be great!:agree:

Bigfoot
12-01-2016, 22:38
I have discussed this with Dave a few times now, think the printing company which done these if they are willing want to do big batches of prints, due to it needing to go through to two different companies as its screen printing is involved

petelees
12-01-2016, 22:50
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kIT-decals-RENAULT-SUPER-5-GT-TURBO-PHASE-2-/172037088559?hash=item280e35a52f:g:AhIAAOSwstxVVcJ b

any use??

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/renault-5-GT-turbo-p2-bleue-rouge-autocollants-stickers-decals-/150975278692?hash=item2326d3ee64:m:mgoqVHhU5KFnV-ODq67Hbgw

Trevhib
13-01-2016, 10:12
Pete, that second link looks good for the OP (Granite), he's after some for a red car. :agree:

Trevhib
13-01-2016, 10:13
I have discussed this with Dave a few times now, think the printing company which done these if they are willing want to do big batches of prints, due to it needing to go through to two different companies as its screen printing is involved

:agree: Is it just a case then of trying to find new printers then? I know from the past that some printers have been keen and then realised what's technically required and said, "oh, can't do that". Is it worth passing this by MrTurbo's mate to see if he, "can do that"?

petelees
13-01-2016, 20:47
Pete, that second link looks good for the OP (Granite), he's after some for a red car. :agree:

my French is rubbish but picked out red in the listing, he might be able to do the other colours though.:confused:

Bigfoot
13-01-2016, 21:34
:agree: Is it just a case then of trying to find new printers then? I know from the past that some printers have been keen and then realised what's technically required and said, "oh, can't do that". Is it worth passing this by MrTurbo's mate to see if he, "can do that"?

There are not many companies which do screen printing as I found out when I was searching to get these done. Plus this take about an hour to complete each one

Matt Cole
13-01-2016, 22:21
I wonder what a batch consists of? 10 sets?

Trevhib
14-01-2016, 09:57
my French is rubbish but picked out red in the listing, he might be able to do the other colours though.:confused:

Looks like he's only producing that one style, which is the same graphic for red and blue cars. The picture and Google translate back that up. No harm in asking though :agree:

Trevhib
14-01-2016, 09:59
There are not many companies which do screen printing as I found out when I was searching to get these done. Plus this take about an hour to complete each one

Yep :agree:

This looks like the question Jermaine (Mr Turbo) needs to ask his mate then. Do you do screen printing? On the small chance he does, maybe it's worth pursuing. If not, no worries.

MR TURBO
14-01-2016, 19:12

YES I'm so on this atm it has to be done. I'm sure I can get my boy to sort this and yes would be willing to set up some sort of agreement/arrangement for the club which I know in turn there will be a lot of smiles from my fellow RTOC'ers

MR TURBO
14-01-2016, 19:22
Yep :agree:

This looks like the question Jermaine (Mr Turbo) needs to ask his mate then. Do you do screen printing? On the small chance he does, maybe it's worth pursuing. If not, no worries.

I've got a couple screen printer links seeing as I've joined the vinyl world and do clothing, signs allsorts. I wanted to have something to show him as u cant really see the detail from a picture as I want them to be 100% even down to the fade out. Is this TC character still about??

Trevhib
14-01-2016, 20:41
Ok cool, we've come full circle then.

Someone needs to introduce Jermaine to Dave, or whoever has the artwork. Dale (Bigfoot), or Mike (GT Turbo Spares)?

Matt Cole
14-01-2016, 21:10
I think this would be a great item for RTOC.

clarky_gtt
15-01-2016, 17:44
They're available from renault, purchased some today

Trevhib
15-01-2016, 17:52
Wow, lucky!

I think the last time anyone reported buying decals direct from Renault is running into years now as they have been officially unavailable for ages. Which dealership did you get them from?

Granite
21-01-2016, 16:56
Result...some momentum!

The only decals Renault cannot supply anymore are those for the red car. The others can still be bought from them.

Last time I spoke to Mike his printing man had stopped returning his calls and thus we hit a road block as apparently his man had one of only a handful of printers in the country able to replicate the fade accurately. How true this is I do not know.

Will check the above link otherwise keeping my fingers crossed we can get some copies made here. Mike has the design so all we need to find is the correct printing capability.

Granite
21-01-2016, 16:58

Unfortunately not the right colour. The red cars have a black fade.

Trevhib
22-01-2016, 10:30
Unfortunately not the right colour. The red cars have a black fade.

Red cars appear to have a black fade decal, with white/silver GT Turbo lettering and white/silver fading under the lettering:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg223/cbarron123/Renault5GTTurbo26-06-1041.jpg

And that looks like what the Ebayer is selling:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE2NFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqJHJFMFDVgqZypDBQ6!rHBFn!~~60_57.JPG

Trevhib
22-01-2016, 10:33
Though I'm not endorsing the product, especially not based on what's shown in the pics in the auction but is there confusion over what should be on a red car this end?

Either way, your best bet then is still to get Mike in touch with Jermaine's printer friend.

JRP
22-01-2016, 11:56
Red cars appear to have a black fade decal, with white/silver GT Turbo lettering and white/silver fading under the lettering:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg223/cbarron123/Renault5GTTurbo26-06-1041.jpg

And that looks like what the Ebayer is selling:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE2NFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqJHJFMFDVgqZypDBQ6!rHBFn!~~60_57.JPG

My old red one looked spot on to that! It came from factory with those decals.

Love it

clarky_gtt
25-01-2016, 12:18
I've just asked my parts guy if he can order some more for me

who would like a set? I'm just waiting on a call back from him