PDA

View Full Version : carb piping question

markey b
28-01-2009, 01:59
very silly one,

on the carb, i've got a pipe from the carb top to the union on the carb just above the throttle plate... i'm sure this used to be blocked off in the middle, but lately its just been normal pipe, does it need to be blocked, or doesn't it make much difference?

jure
28-01-2009, 08:20
If i got it right and you run cup mode than you should have double T plastic piece in the middle. 8mm line goes from fuel regulator to carb top an than double T leads one 6mm pipe to carb base and another to standard boost gauge on the dash.

Leigh
28-01-2009, 11:49
Don't suppose anyone has got a digaram of what pipes from the carb top goes where. As stripped mine ages ago and now putting it back together and think ive got it right :D

Cheers Leigh.

Ian S
28-01-2009, 12:32
If i got it right and you run cup mode than you should have double T plastic piece in the middle. 8mm line goes from fuel regulator to carb top an than double T leads one 6mm pipe to carb base and another to standard boost gauge on the dash.

Are you talking about the water pump side of the carb? All that is not affected by the cup mod. Not to the carb but to the back of the diaphragm of the accelerator pump jet.

The cup mod is on the other side of the carb, the carb middle outlet goes direct to the turbo front port. The two in the carb top are closed off and all the boost compensation piping is removed and the hole in the turbo outlet elbow is blocked off.

markey b
28-01-2009, 14:07
yeah talkin about on the turbo side, i've got a pipe from the top elbow union down to the side of the carb

jure
28-01-2009, 14:07
Are you talking about the water pump side of the carb? All that is not affected by the cup mod. Not to the carb but to the back of the diaphragm of the accelerator pump jet.

Writing about this. I know it stays untouched but think Markey is wondering about double TT piece...

Leight -> attachment ;)

tiff_lee
28-01-2009, 14:54
Oh thanks for the attachment Jure will come in handy when I try and identify the random outlet on my carb which doesn't have a pipe on it!

Leigh
28-01-2009, 14:59
Leight -> attachment ;)

Cheers mate :D

tiff_lee
28-01-2009, 16:09
Are you stretching the image to make it fill a full A4 sheet?

MR TURBO
28-01-2009, 20:50
Writing about this. I know it stays untouched but think Markey is wondering about double TT piece...

Leight -> attachment ;)

Looking at all those pipes on that attachment, how much silicon vacuum piping would it take to renew all pipes??? Anyone know lengths sizes etc???:confused:

MR TURBO
01-02-2009, 15:25
Looking at all those pipes on that attachment, how much silicon vacuum piping would it take to renew all pipes??? Anyone know lengths sizes etc???:confused: Anybody??

jure
01-02-2009, 18:01
You will need not more than 2m of 6mm and 2m of 8mm. With 5m I sorted all piping under the hood including windscreen washer pipes and some piping toward dash gauges.