PDA

View Full Version : Wireing loom question??

Kris M
27-01-2009, 19:38
Hi guys, right ive been trying to get my head round the wireing in the cup car........have got the decend diagrams etc but thought id ask aswell

Looking next to the fusebox where the relays go, there seem to be two with no relays attached......which ones should go here ? See pic one :)

Also, hanging down behing the fusebox are afew block connecters not attached to anything, anyone have any idea what they should be attached to, pic 2 :)

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=53&pictureid=4044

www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=53&pictureid=4045 (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=53&pictureid=4045)

Thanks

royz
27-01-2009, 20:44
in pic 1 the 6 pin is if i remember corectley is for the fuel pump relay not sre on the other. pic 2 looks like the connectors for the electric windows and door lock switch

Kris M
27-01-2009, 20:47
Thanks for the reply mate, its not the fuel pump relay in the 1st pic as i have this seperatly

That would make sence about the lekky windows ets as the centre console has long gone :)

Big Steve - Raider
27-01-2009, 20:51
Kris-tophlammypie!!

Don't forget they make standard looms & put the bits in where needed?? Maybe they just dont need those connections?

Kris M
27-01-2009, 20:57
cheers Steve, yeah that makes sence, im just trying to get the lights, indicators etc to work off the original stalk for an MOT. someones been in there before me and fiddled with lots of the dash / engine bay wireing, changed it to work off the master cut off switch etc

royz
27-01-2009, 21:04
shame im not close by. have you got and pics of the full dash and sections of wiring that ave been played with to try and work out what as been done.

Kris M
27-01-2009, 21:09
Hi Mate, not at the moment i havent, but im going to attack it at the weekend so will take pictures as i go.

royz
27-01-2009, 21:17
no problem it could be that when the cut off switch was installed some items were disconected /isolated. jst had a quick look in the book and the 6 pin point and the one next two it are listed as a light on bzzer and lock timer module.

Kris M
27-01-2009, 21:23
nice one, thanks....so lights on buzzer, thats doesnt matter, and something to do with the locking...tha also doesnt matter

The relay that i can see there, could that be the flasher unit ???? As the indicators do click...also i think there should be a pink "dip dim" relay somewhere ??

Nick k
27-01-2009, 22:46
nice one, thanks....so lights on buzzer, thats doesnt matter, and something to do with the locking...tha also doesnt matter

The relay that i can see there, could that be the flasher unit ???? As the indicators do click...also i think there should be a pink "dip dim" relay somewhere ??

Thanks

Yea all above you are correct. Orange relay is the rear screen' think it has Lucas wrote on it. Dim/Dip is a resistor kris which is mounted on inner wing across from washer bottle. :)

Kris M
27-01-2009, 22:53
cheers Nick, will have a crack at the weekend ;)