PDA

View Full Version : Not looking good for the National Day!!

LiamR
18-06-2015, 22:42
My 5 failed its MOT today. The near side rear caliper isn't efficient enough.

I jacked the car up when I got home and I can spin the wheel by hand when the handbrake or footbrake is on...

The other three sides all passed with flying colours.

I thought I'd bleed the caliper that failed and the bleed valve snapped in half!! Great!

I have ordered a new calliper that hopefully arrives tomorrow and have also stolen a caliper off my spare 5 in the garage.

Does anyone know if replacing the caliper will more than likely solve the problem ???

R5MJH
18-06-2015, 22:45
more than likely liam get the spare on and get it retested matey, id love to see the tungy there:agree:

LiamR
18-06-2015, 22:48
Yeah me too. I am going to be really disappointed if I can't bring the 5....

LiamR
19-06-2015, 23:20
MOT passed. Car packed. Ready to leave at 8am tomorrow :)

B18ftMOJO5
20-06-2015, 00:41
great stuff Liam:agree:

Junglist
20-06-2015, 07:03
MOT passed. Car packed. Ready to leave at 8am tomorrow :)

:):cool:

Hoolio
20-06-2015, 15:20
Taken from FB. Just thought I would post this for Liam for the attention of those going tomorrow.
Let's see how good the sprit of this place is. I have broken down on the way to the national day at pod. A slide bolt that holds the caliper to the Hub has come out. The caliper knocked and broke the copper brake line. I lost all brakes. I have removed the caliper and pads and limped the last 3 miles to pod.
I need copper brake line, two slide bolts and the flaring tool to make up a new brake line. Also some lock tite will help. And a trolley jack. Can anyone help out massively and bring this to pod? Obv I'll pay....
If not it's a recovery truck home......frown emoticon
Help greatly needed guys......

Junglist
21-06-2015, 08:49
Hope you get this sorted m8. Might be worth sending mine a message , if he's going try and catch him befor he leaves home

LiamR
21-06-2015, 23:09
Nope- no help arrived sadly lol. A few ideas to ' bodge' it and allow me to drive home but I didn't feel safe tbh.

The recovery company had no drivers left to do the hours I needed to get to Kent. :(

So the 5 is locked up in some random compound being delivered to me within 72 hours. Apparently...

And I got given an Hyundai i30 to drive home in.

Not happy......

Alex
23-06-2015, 14:02
Only just seen this - what a nightmare :( The signal at Pod was terrible, I couldn't even whatsapp/text people and no 3g let alone 4g access.

I hope you get it sorted soon and can attend ND next year.

R5MJH
23-06-2015, 14:03
Only just seen this - what a nightmare :( The signal at Pod was terrible, I couldn't even whatsapp/text people and no 3g let alone 4g access.

I hope you get it sorted soon and can attend ND next year.

sure i saw his car there but may be mistaken